What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pick a coach, any coach...

dice

Juniors
EdBurton said:
John Lang has a good eye for talent so he could be in charge of recruitment.

I think you will find it was Royce Simmonds that had the eye for talent. Hence, Lang thanking Simmonds after the Grand Final win.

Big Bunny

Juniors
In order of preference:

David Waite: Primarily as a development coach rather than looking for instant results. I'd consider replacing him after 2 years depending on what he achieves with on the field results.

Sean McRae: Similar to Waite, but does draw good results from perennial underachievers

Ricky Stuart: So far so good for Ricky. He'd be listed higher if I knew more about how he'd handle a lower placed side.

John Lang: Quality coach, but he's under lock and key.

Peter Mullholland: Showed some good ability under difficult circumstances at the Reds, also is great in the development of players and structures between grades. He's contracted to Penrith as an assistant, so he's another off the market for a while, perhaps.

Southernsaint

Staff member
Big Bunny said:
In order of preference:

David Waite: Primarily as a development coach rather than looking for instant results. I'd consider replacing him after 2 years depending on what he achieves with on the field results.

Waite is a proven performer at developing young talent (see: Newcastle) & making the most out of limited resources (see St George 1996). He's been on the wrong end of board-room politics in the past so it'd be interesting to see if he wanted to jump in at the deep end with Souths.

Cheers,
Ben S.