What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Piss Lafai off

ruthless dragon

Juniors
Comedic.

Straight Shooter

Hey Reactive View, much better name for you, since that is all you do.
You are certainly the forums number 1 whiner.
Yes we all want the team to win a premiership and if you cannot see an improvement in this years
team then maybe a better name for you would be Blinkered View.

Yes they may fall in a heap, as before then again maybe not, so why don't you put forward some positive views instead of your cynical negative whining.

Enjoy some quality performances so far...might do you some good.

The Damo

Juniors
Lafai has played very average to poor for a few seasons.
He has performed well for a few weeks.
The jury is out.
That's how you go figure.
This idea that Lafai was poor last year is just impervious to evidence isn’t it? How do you figure that? Lafai spent much of last year as one of the form centres in the league. His performance dropped off as the teams performance dropped. The list of our players who didn’t drop off is pretty short.

BrissyRedV

Bench
This idea that Lafai was poor last year is just impervious to evidence isn’t it? How do you figure that? Lafai spent much of last year as one of the form centres in the league. His performance dropped off as the teams performance dropped. The list of our players who didn’t drop off is pretty short.
Similar situation to the crew who bagged Widdop when the evidence was to the contrary. Lafai may have been poor in 2016 which may have been due to injury, but he proved last year he is a very capable and dangerous centre. The stats back this up.

ouryears

Bench
Damo, I think he played ok till he was re signed. Yes, there were others. I really don't excuse any of them for falling away so badly.

3 wins from 12 or whatever it was.
Lafai was an offender, but yes, not the only one.

Some games this year he was terrible, was it the Sharks game?

I live in hope that he continues to play well. I hope it does.
We need him.

Last edited:

Dragon Blood

Juniors
Comedic.

Straight Shooter
Laughia needs time in reserves. I get he's done the hard jards, soft stories etc, but in my the option he needs to prove that he is better than Mann in that possie. That is the only change I would make ATM with 5-0 record. Mann in Laughie out = top 4 and premier contenders

Have a cry mate 5 in a row.
Nighty defence was superb without him the bunnies would have won..
And lafai had a solid game.
You must be pissed off that we are going so well.

Enjoy the March/April 'success' but all this does is cement poor business practice and delay premiership glory.

Straight Shooter

denis preston

First Grade
Problem with Lafai is he plays sometimes with no football "smarts" . His decision making can vary ( particularly under pressure ) and the fact that Manns going so good at interchange may save his position. The chase after a great Hunt kick into the in goal is an example. He had a Dragon player on his right but still gave the Souths player room on his outside to make the field of play.

BrissyRedV

Bench
Problem with Lafai is he plays sometimes with no football "smarts" . His decision making can vary ( particularly under pressure ) and the fact that Manns going so good at interchange may save his position. The chase after a great Hunt kick into the in goal is an example. He had a Dragon player on his right but still gave the Souths player room on his outside to make the field of play.
TBH that wasn't Lafai's fault. He was expecting MacDonald to be on his left where he should have been but he was still jogging along on the 20.

Stick to supporting the storm you wanker.
If you won the lotteries you would still be pissed off.
You must have had a bad year in 2010.

Loved 2010 and want us to win the premiership again. If our club wanted the same thing, as opposed to simply 'competing' (for the club, the definition of success is merely vying for the 8), Mary would NOT be coach.

Like I keep saying, enjoy the early season success. But this means nothing to me if end of year goals aren't satisfied.

You're clearly not hungry for sustained, long term success.

Straight Shooter