What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Plane Crashes Into World Trade Centre

shogun

Juniors
Just reading though this thread- surprised how many here have got red mists in front of their eyes,&seem to think we-the west are lily white ,whilst they are cold blooded murdering animals targeting cities & civilians...I'd just like to remind people that the U.S has done much worse.Remember the nuclear bombs dropped on 2 cities in Japan ,how many civilians died there??- If 'we' do it ,it's heroic ,when 'they' do it it's cowardly & evil...
The scary thing is that people ,apparently sane, curse these terrorists then in the next line write " we should kill & nuke" -um... isn't that what they do?

M

mud n blood

All this to and fro sh*t about what the yanks have or have not done in the past is totally irrelevant. A fight has been picked, and now it's time to stand up and be counted. Does the world have to sit back and accept this anti-western tripe forever ? I think not. Everyone deserves their opinion .... it's just that some "groups" chose to force their opinion on others with violence.

This is why I say f*ck 'em .... just kill 'em.

They cannot be bargained with. They cannot be forced to stop. All they understand is death and carnage, so be it.

And anyway, our society is so much like the USA, some days we may as well be the 53rd(?) state. An attrocity like this is not to be taken lightly, nor is it to be brushed aside. There must be a swift response, and one which sends the message to all .... you f*ck with me, you cop the consequences. This is what this is all about.

E

Eelectric

GavBT...

OK, let me try and explain this. I am not totally objective about this because ten years ago I lost 2 close family members at the hands of these f**kers and the group that did it is still in operation today. What really pisses me off is that theauthorities know the group that did it, knew who they were before they did it, and know what they are up to today but still they remain totally immune to justice and continue to do it.

I have had it with these pricks and justcan't accept this softly softly view in the hope it won't get worse and they'll just go away. I was convinced to believe that shit 10 years ago but the attacks are gradually getting bigger and more horrific.

I don't give a fig about why they do it, I couldn't care less,what rattles my cage is the way they do it.Everyone has a cause to fight, just or injust, but their are other ways andI will never condone nutters that take the course thesedo no matter what the reason.To accept any reason for validation simply justifies what they are doing and will encourage all fringe disenters to take the same course. Is that what you want, every little pisspotgroup of dissidents believing they can achieve their objectives through terror campaignss?

G@v

Juniors
If you want to kill those bastards, then go in with your rifle and bayonet. Don't expect someone to launch a warhead on your behalf.

G@v

Juniors
Unless we start to give a fig about why human atrocities occur, we will continue to see more and morebrutal acts.

Call me a bleeding hearted liberal all you like if it makes you feel big.

E

Eelectric

GavBT..
Gladly, I guarantee thatgiventhe opportunity to use a bayonet on the barstads I will be first in line to volunteer. This should be an international effort to track down and dig the bastards out wherever they are without having to worry about international borders and asylums which the arseholes now hide behind. Round the lot of them up once and for all, all govt's know who and where they are.

Bebeto in Japan

Juniors
First of all, I am not justifying the actions of these actions which as Graham Richardson in the radio is saying, it has changed the world forever.

I have read through these posts and one word that comes up time and time again is revenge and retaliation.

My question is, who started it and who retailated? Depending on which way you think, you might say that America is getting a taste of its own medicine for providing terror to many countries around the world. Others will say that America was acting in the interests of humanity when it committed crimes against Humanity (as far as I am concerned, what is going on in Iraq right now with 2 million dying in the last 10 years thanks to Americans is so much worse than what happened overnight), and that revenge was unjustified. Is anyone right? Is anyone wrong? Did the Americans bring this upon theselves for being a bully? Do the anti-Americans suffer from tall poppy syndrome?

One thing everyone will agree, what happened last night was a sick and callous act which has changed the world forever. The end of the world is approaching!

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Eelectric... well good for you mate. Really stuck up for yourself there. Lets' not give a shit about the actual topic, instead we'll lower this into asome sort of irrational attack.

Look here, I never even you referred to you by name so how could have possibly 'belittled' your argument. I said a lot of things in my first post of this afternoon and I don't recall ever having a go at you. My debate with Legend and El Duque was a rational and then you come in... well, I guess 2 out of 3 ain't bad.

And now you're having goes at others for voicing an opinion... fair go.
I'm still happy to give you the benefit of the doubtbut I'm beginning to wonder why.

And BTW, since when was it considered 'pompous' and 'self righteous' for wanting to preserve the peace.

E

Eelectric

Unless we start to give a fig about why human atrocities occur, we will continue to see more and morebrutal acts. Cmon mate, we know why they do it,to get their own way. The human race has been doing just that since its very existence. We try to be civilised and live by rules but some will always discard the rules when it doesn't suit andno reason or cause justifies commiting these type of atrocities.

Call me a bleeding hearted liberal all you like if it makes you feel big.
I said no such thing so spare me the sarcasm, it wasn't necessary, I am not so insecure as to needany form of sarcasm or denigration of another tomake me feel anything.

G@v

Juniors
Eelectric, I wasn't being sarcastic. I suggest you go and cool down. You are obviously not in the right frame of mind to hold a reasonable debate.

E

Eelectric

Willow,
keeping peace? Fair dinkum mate surely you can do better than that.

You made a haughty and sanctimonous reference to my statement about "nuke em" and while you may not have addressed me directlyyou did address my comment. Now don't go trying to avoid it as at that stage I was the only one who had used that termso spare me the pathetic defence of "I didn;trefer to youby name". You addressed me indirectly, and sarcasticly at that,and Iaddressed you directly as a response to it. Simple,I have already told you twice I have no problem with anyone expressing an opinion but do have problems with snide remarks to mine.

Now your at it again with your petty sarcasm of "was a rational and then you come in... well, I guess 2 out of 3 ain't bad." Feel proud do you?

And now you're having goes at others for voicing an opinion... fair go
Mate you should go take englishclasses. Care to point out where I have "had a go" at anyone other than you. I have expressed my opinion only and have done nothing more than explain why I feel the way I do about it, I have not denigrated anyone elses.

B

Bomber

John Howard could possibly return to Australia as soon as tomorrow night AEST, via Los Angeles

I think this is a worthwhile debate and it's no surprise, of course, that passions run high. I don't want to offend anyone, but for the record, some of my views are;

1. the people dying in Iraq because of sanctions are dying because of Saddam Hussain, not the Americans.

2. it's very hard to know for sure, but the bombs dropped on Japan, as unjustified as it seems to kill innocents, probably saved more lives than it took by bringing a premature end to WWII. And just like Saddam, the Japanese started that part of the war, so the blood is on their hands, not the Americans.

In both cases, the Americans did not take this course of action through blind hatred, as appears to be thecase with the attack last night.

Like many Aussies, I often see the Americans as a bunch of big mouth bullies, but I believe their presence on this earth over the last55 odd years is the main reason Australia hasn't been taken over by stronger, more powerful country.

I also don't want a full scale war, but I agree that there should be swift and decisive action when they uncover who was behind last nights attacks. I don't think doing nothing will avoid world conflict. Whoever did this, and others like them will just do it again and again. It's a no-win situation, so the Americans must take action for the sake of those that lost their lives last night, their children, and all the rest of us who value the right to live without the threat of terrorism.

B

Bomber

In the City of God there will be a great thunder, two brothers torn apart by chaos, while the fortress endures, the great leader will succumb. The third big war will begin when the big city is burning.

Nostradamus

Willow

Assistant Moderator
OK, Eelectric. At no time did I know it was you. I didn't even read the name, it was a general reference. You don't have to believe me.
As I said, a lotof other comments were said too.And the reply I got from Legend and El Duque was withoutany angst. Your reply over your words (nuke em) has led me think that your quite distressed about all this.
I'm not arguing with you anymore because this is going nowhere. I think you should heed Gavs advice.
We'll just drop now and agree to disagree.
Hope thats OK.

Australia showed how to handle violent third world thugs in East Timor. The old adage of 'walk softly, but carry a big stick' is what needs to be remembered.
We need to front up to these bastards and let them know what will and will not be tolerated, and if they can't understand we should blow them back to the dark ages. If it is done properly no one should actually have to die. The threat should be enough but we have to mean it. No use making hollow threats, that's what we have been doing for years.
Let's not argue over this. It's not worth it.

Bomber,

interesting quote mate - sends a bit of a chill down the spine. The sceptic in me notes that nostradamus did not write in english, so the translation must have a fair bit of doubt about it.

And a question, is New York ever referred to as the City of God?

E

Eelectric

Yeah, that's OK.
Look, I acknowledge I do have angst about it.I have already stated how I lost both my Father & Mother in a similarattackin Europe 10 years ago. It is not just a matter of pontificating on some impersonal and detached eventat arms length some 14,000 miles away for me, it has been a part of my life for a long time now and it is verypersonal.

While I do appreciate what you mean by following Gav's adviceI'm afraid that while its possible to turn off my computer it is just not possible to cool down about it. But for the sake of othersI will turn off the computer.

In the City of God there will be a great thunder, two brothers torn apart by chaos,
while the fortress endures, the great leader will succumb. The third big war will
begin when the big city is burning.
This quote is clearly about the 2001 league season.
" In the City of God there will be a great thunder"- Obviously about the Storm.
"two brothers torn apart by chaos"- The Hindmarsh brothers meet the Knights pack.
"while the fortress endures"- Newcastle will win.
"the great leader will succumb" - Parramatta will lose
"The third big war will begin when the big city is burning." - Sydney fans will riot

Latest posts