What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Players we should target for 2018.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
You can't just talk about how shit our recruitment is without having a list of your own. I actually think Souths have done a good job but I would like to see some of the suggestions, other Souths supporters can come up with who constantly bash Souths recruitment.

I'll start off. Josh Morris. He is contracted to the dogs but I'm pretty sure they're still struggling with the cap. I'd love to take him for half the price. Would really fill up the backline.

Everybody else's turn.

Rabbitoad

Juniors
If we have any room left on our roster, I'd like to see us sign Kato Ottio from the Raiders.

Similar player to Semi Radradra. Big, strong, fast, good in the air and scores a lot of tries.

He's under contract next year, but if the rumours of Canberra being over the cap are true, he'd make a great addition.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
If we have any room left on our roster, I'd like to see us sign Kato Ottio from the Raiders.

Similar player to Semi Radradra. Big, strong, fast, good in the air and scores a lot of tries.

He's under contract next year, but if the rumours of Canberra being over the cap are true, he'd make a great addition.

Yeah I heard there was a lot of interest in him when he was off contract as well. Would be a great pick up.

Refreshing to have someone like you in the forum, welcome mate.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Should've chased the players who the smarter teams got and quite a few at a reasonable price............

Rabbit toes

First Grade
Not fussed about Morris. Couldn't hurt at the right price.
Could be fallout from the Cronk signing. I'd take Friend or Mitchell if they were free. Potentially Pearce although I'd like to see how AR, fares under Siebold.
There's not a great deal out there at the moment.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Seunmanufagai
Ese'ese
Lillyman
Evans
Pulu
Earl (I'd have definitely taken him)
P. Kaufusi
Moga
Griffin
Latimore
Fonua
T. Milne
Matulino

There were options there.......

Should've kept Goodwin and Gosiewski.

The roster that is worse than ours is the Titans.... currently they only have 20 contracted players....

Rabbitoad

Juniors
Seunmanufagai
Ese'ese
Lillyman
Evans
Pulu
P. Kaufusi
Moga
Griffin
Latimore
Fonua
T. Milne
Matulino

The roster that is worse than ours is the Titans.... currently they only have 20 contracted players....

I'd have gladly taken Sandor Earl, but the rest of those guys were way out of our price range mate.

You've got to be realistic.

Rabbit toes

First Grade
Heres a thought. Has anyone stopped to consider that some players that "fans" want, simply don't want to play for South's. So despite the fact that our recruitment is seemingly terrible to those who know little. Maybe it's a case of we've actually enquired but some players just don't want to join the club.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Not fussed about Morris. Couldn't hurt at the right price.
Could be fallout from the Cronk signing. I'd take Friend or Mitchell if they were free. Potentially Pearce although I'd like to see how AR, fares under Siebold.
There's not a great deal out there at the moment.

Yeah I like all those players. The biggest problem that a lot of Souths fans don't realise though is that they're under contract. We're basically targeting players who need to be offloaded by clubs over the cap.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Seunmanufagai
Ese'ese
Lillyman
Evans
Pulu
P. Kaufusi
Moga
Griffin
Latimore
Fonua
T. Milne
Matulino

All those players were paid major overs for what they're worth. They would not of made a big difference in the Souths pack for what we would of been paying them.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Heres a thought. Has anyone stopped to consider that some players that "fans" want, simply don't want to play for South's. So despite the fact that our recruitment is seemingly terrible to those who know little. Maybe it's a case of we've actually enquired but some players just don't want to join the club.

This. It's not easy to lure players out of contracts from different clubs unless you have a warchest which I don't think Souths do. I'm starting to feel as if people are complaining for the sake of complaining.

DynamicRabbit1

Juniors
So what does that say about our club? That’s not good either

DynamicRabbit1

Juniors
Alex Walmsley (St Helens)
Tom Wright (Manly U20 gf winning 5/8 or FB)
Kikau (Panthers back rower/Prop in GF Reserve grade winning team & Fiji)
Latrell Mitchell or Curtis Rona would be great targets

Last edited:

callmack1

Staff member
Curtis Rona

Or Jermaine Mcgillvary (has publicly stated he'd love to play NRL)

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
I'm liking these suggestions. Walmsey is a good prospect but there's a few clubs after him.

Tom Wright is contracted to manly for 2018 isn't he?

Callmack I would love Mcgillvary but I reckon he'd come at a fair price.

I think Rona is staying in union as well.