What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ponga Appreciation Thread.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
Yeah Edrick had some other issues that contributed to his slide, I’m a bit less worried about KP in that regard. But being out for 3+ months is basically season over for us.

perverse

Referee
Yeah Edrick had some other issues that contributed to his slide, I’m a bit less worried about KP in that regard. But being out for 3+ months is basically season over for us.
Oh yeah, we're done. Season is in the toilet.

I thought Edrick kept having his foot recur, but perhaps i'm wrong. That was the chatter at the time anyway I thought, took him nearly 2 seasons to get that foot right.

Apey

Staff member
Oh goodie, it's the same issue Edrick had with his foot. The one that killed his career off entirely.
Not quite, from what I understand. The Lisfranc one was 2014. In 2019 he fractured his foot higher up - first a stress, then a complete. Not sure if it was the same foot. 2014 was his right, which one was it here?

Brimson and Korisau are probably the type of players we should be looking at post injury. Korisau seems to have done okay since 2018/2019 and his was 20+ weeks. Hopefully Pongas injury is of a similar or lesser severity.

Jono078

Referee
Wonderful.

Im sure this will impact Ponga and his taking on the line hard and his stepping.

Anyway that’s next years problem now. This year is down the gutter. This is where I kind of wish the NRL had draft picks..

Throw Armstrong in there, he'll have a break-out season, get signed by the Rorters ( + Gags) as Teddy's long term replacement and go on the get a Golden Boot.

You heard it here first.

perverse

Referee
So basically Ponga is never going to be the same player again? Feck...
Haha bit early to know yet probably mate. It's bad enough that there's going to be a long rehab and a lot of needing to rebuild his confidence with it. Seems like plenty of players have come back from it ok though. I'm confident that Kalyn is mentally tough enough to go through the steps properly and get his rehab right.

Rod

Bench
I feel really sorry for Kalyn getting another long term injury after he turned down things like playing for Australia and the All-Stars in order to focus on us.

Here's hoping he can come back the same player and the club now focuses most of its energies on putting a better roster around him in 2025.

Apey

Staff member
Any chance any of our bums will play better knowing they can't rely on him to... well, do everything?

Rod

Bench
Guys I trust to still have a dig:

Gagai
Best
Gamble
Brailey
Leo
Whole backrow
Crossland