What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Positive ONLY thread

giboz71

First Grade
The big positive for this year is we actually have hope in 2018. This time last year, most of us were shaking our heads, readying ourselves for the spoon. In 2018 :

- no more Rein, Benji, McCrone or Duges stinking up our spine. Collectively, the least skilled spine players in the history of the NRL (in a close call with the Dogs current spine).
- Widdop is at least resembling the premiership player he was at the Storm
- we have one of the best packs in the comp
- Dufty may prove to be a special player
- In Hunt, we have an elite halfback for the first time since the mid 1970's

If we can land a young speedster like Gela Mosby to add some wheels to our left edge, the sky's the limit for us next year.

Last edited:

JDHD

Juniors
You're already hedging your bets for 2018.
With all the compliments you have thrown and optimism you have expressed it should be no less than top 4.
It is always easy to say we had a good year when you set the bar too low and top 6 is exactly that tooooooo low.
With some of what we have seen throughout this year and especially Mann's performance yesterday a good coach would be thinking top 4 if not top 2 after all we have a young side and Melbourne, Sharks, Roosters have ageing rosters.
If you are going to go early with predictions be bullish about it.

Damn it, you're right. Let me try again:

If we aren't at least top 4 next year, I'll be kicking holes in my god damn walls. We should aspire to be, and actually be, a top four team every single year. We have a phenomenal pack and decent backs with one of the most dangerous attacking 5/8ths in the world and a halfback on his way with an equally dangerous running and short kicking game.

j0nesy

Bench
Wow, so much negativity on here, including from me too, it's truly depressing.

Thought I'd start a positive thread which I'm sure will go to shit but here goes.

This time last year we were in 12th position, on 20 points with a for and against of -165. This year we're in 9th, on 24 points and +73.
Vaughan has been great and is signed up for years.
Dufty has been a shinning light recently.
Any more guys?

JDB has had a breakout year. I reckon he's been our best forward. One of the best locks in the NRL this season.

Thompson has had some very good games. Showing some real aggression. Scoring quite a few nice tries on the edge with angled runs.

I've also enjoyed watching McInness. He has been very consistent. I think he's played 80 minutes every game. Provides good service from dummy half and rarely misses a tackle.

Bench
McInnes played his best game against the titans. He made good yards running, scored two trys and showed he is not useless in kicking.
On that performance we have another string to the bow in attack.
We have the makings of top four next year.
We just need a coach that can develope a game plan.

gregstar

Referee
I dropped an enormous turd into the pan this morning. I noticed there was something reflecting light from it which was intriguing.

I dug through it and discovered a $2 coin!

I felt enormously positive after that experience.

KiamaSaint

Coach
McInnes played his best game against the titans. He made good yards running, scored two trys and showed he is not useless in kicking.
On that performance we have another string to the bow in attack.
We have the makings of top four next year.
We just need a coach that can develope a game plan.
*Mann

Crush

Coach
The big positive for this year is we actually have hope in 2018. This time last year, most of us were shaking our heads, readying ourselves for the spoon. In 2018 :

- no more Rein, Benji, McCrone or Duges stinking up our spine. Collectively, the least skilled spine players in the history of the NRL (in a close call with the Dogs current spine).
- Widdop is at least resembling the premiership player he was at the Storm
- we have one of the best packs in the comp
- Dufty may prove to be a special player
- In Hunt, we have an elite halfback for the first time since the mid 1970's

If we can land a young speedster like Gela Mosby to add some wheels to our left edge, the sky's the limit for us next year.
Love this post. "Stinking up our spine"
Gold.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
I dropped an enormous turd into the pan this morning. I noticed there was something reflecting light from it which was intriguing.

I dug through it and discovered a $2 coin!

I felt enormously positive after that experience.

Too much information there Gregstar and as a licenced contractor, may l suggest you have your foundations checked for signs of cracking!