What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Possible NSW Origin Line-ups

NK Arsenal

Juniors
People said Ikin (Debuted when 18), Inglis (Debuted at 19) or Daley (Debuted at 18) weren't ready and they were (or in Inglis' case, are) good players.

Jono078

Referee
The selectors seem to want Mullen there before Carney.

Carney missing the last couple weeks didnt help, and I guess that Mullen is from Newcastle and has a combination with the NSW captain which will help his case, as will a big game tonight.

But I think they'll go with Kimmorley, then if he's no good, Mullen.

We won't know if Mullen is ready or not til he plays.

Raider_69

Post Whore
my opinion is both he and carney need another year, and should have their sights set firmly on teaming up in 2008 to take the crown back for NSW, by next year im picking them both to well cemented as geniune superstars, but if you're going to take a gamble on one of them, carney is a much safer bet imo. Interesting to see what happens tonight, Carney is back in #7 this week, a big game could see him come in to calculations, but i doubt it, the media have been all over Mullen and imo, not justifably. Everyone is looking for a new johns and mullen is an obvious choice

good point on his combination with Bedsy, but ive always hated those sorts of things deciding spots, bedsy and and todd are good enough to work well with each other. Kimmorley should get the nod imo, I think a Mullen Carney combination should be used if NSW go down 2-0, but besides that, keep em out of it for another year.

Jono078

Referee
Raider_69 said:
I think a Mullen Carney combination should be used if NSW go down 2-0, but besides that, keep em out of it for another year.
I also thought that, but that would be a fairly big dissapointment for both players, sure making your NSW debut will be huge, but would be horrible to do it when you have nothing to play for really besides to show what skills you can offer, and we always hear about how origin isnt all about the skill.

If they go in they should be able to decide the series on their peformances IMO.

ShadesOfTheSun

Juniors
On this week's form, you would have to say it's between Mullens and Monaghan for the Blues #7. Kimmorley seemed flat, and Orford was comprehensively outplayed by Monaghan. Carney, well... didn't really stand out in a fairly appalling game.

Rusty

Juniors
Mullen will probably get the Blues number 7 jersey or come pretty damn close going on tonights performance.

ocko

juniors
r69 is right in that carney needs another year. probably still a little underdeveloped, especially as a kicker, right now, heck of a talent though and it would be a shame to see him not wear the sky blue one day.

hot frost

Juniors
1. Minichiello
2. King
3. Lyon
4. Cooper
5. Hayne
6. Carney
7. Mullen
8. Kite
9. Buderus (c)
10. Mason
11. Hindmarsh
12. Hoffman
13. Ryan

14. Bailey
15. Tupou
16. Laffranchi
17. Farah

Dazzat

First Grade
Considering Tahu is out and Jamie (Garfield) Lyon is a nuffy, what's the chance of Adam McDougall getting a run ... he's still got that mongrel about him and playing fair football?

ByRd

First Grade
nah no way they will pick macdougall.

Just a thought (i know it wont happen) but if Sherwin has a big game against the Storm tomorrow night does he throw himself a lifeline to get into the side knowing that most likely Anasta is going to be in the #6. This combination worked well at the dogs and won a premiership, just a thought....

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
as a huge Mullen Fan ... id love to see him get it but i feel that the selectors will go with experience in either Orford Or Noddy (Gower Gone from the race after last night) And if they happen to lose the first game i wouldn't be supprised if Mullo i picked for the second game

DeeGan

Bench
Todd Carney is no chance to make the side :lol: Braith Anasta is playing brilliant football and thoroughly deserves his 6 jersey for NSW.

Halfback? I think Brett Kimmorley will get the nod after his strong showing on Friday night.

If NSW lose, he will be a scapegoat and in to the cauldron will go Mullen.

If Kurt Gidley is not in the NSW team - sack the lot of them (selectors).

Bolter: Anthony Laffranchi ;) Top tackler and most offloads heading in to this round. He would not look out of place at Origin level in the event of injury or suspension.

Bazal

Post Whore
1-Minichiello
2-Hayne
3-King
4-Lyon
5-Grothe
6-Anasta
7-Monaghan
8-O'Meley (if fit)/Bailey
9-Buderus
10-Mason
11-Hindmarsh
12-Hoffman
13-Ryan

14-Farah
15-Bailey/Simpson
16-Kite
17-Laffranchi

DeeGan

Bench
lockyno1 said:
Not ahead of Bird or Gallen for that matter and Hoffman is a better bench player.

When is the last time someone took any attention of something you posted here? :lol:

All of the above including Laffranchi are bolters for the NSW bench.

lockyno1

Post Whore
There is basically only one spot availiable on the bench to be honest considering Tupou will be there and Kidley/Farah have one and then you have another prop on the bench like Kite for instance. There is a million backrowers for Australia- Bird, Hoffman however have the ability to be more versatile than Laffranchi can be.

DeeGan

Bench
lockyno1 said:
There is basically only one spot availiable on the bench to be honest considering Tupou will be there and Kidley/Farah have one and then you have another prop on the bench like Kite for instance. There is a million backrowers for Australia- Bird, Hoffman however have the ability to be more versatile than Laffranchi can be.

Ok :crazy: I said bolter, nothing more. Laffranchi, after a strong season that included a very good game in the City v Country (allegedly a NSW trial :lol:) is just that - a bolter.

Your split between Farrah and Gidley? :lol: How?

Farrah starts (not happening unfortunately given Buderus is captain) or he doesn't play.

Latest posts