What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Possible NSW Origin Line-ups

Jono078

Referee
In the end I can see Kimmorley getting picked.

But if Mullen plays...

I really think we will go alright with him.

On the weekend he had a lot of good passes but the backs and Simpson couldnt hang on to them, with him having better players around him, I can really think he will suprise some people with what he'll do.

Also the Qld forwards are starting to get a bit old now, Civoniceva, Carroll, Price, Thorn, Nutley etc... His running game will kill them late in each half, same with Anasta.

One of the most anticipated Origins for me if he is selected.

Master Vippo

Juniors
Hazem El Mazrio missing a few lately. 0/2 tonight and the easy one for Country. Goal kicking was meant to be his ticket into the side, what are his chances now?

Jono078

Referee
Well I think El Masri played himself out of it, Hayne will probably be winger with Gidley and Lyon the goal kickers.

Maitua I didnt think done enough to get in.

Also I question whether Ryan deserves to be there. Gallen, Bird, Tupou ahead of him imo.

mxlegend99

Referee
My team after this weekend:
1. Anthony Minichello
2. Jarryd Hayne
3. Matt King
4. Matt Cooper
5. Luke Lewis
6. Braith Anasta
7. Michael Monaghan (Mullen would be second though)
8. Luke Bailey
9. Danny Buderus (i think it should be Farah really, but selectors don't care about form)
10. Brent Kite
11. Willie Mason
12. Nathan Hindmarsh
13. Greg Bird
14. Ryan Hoffman
15. Joel Clinton
16. Andrew Ryan
17. Kurt Gidley (i'd again go Farah, but it's unlikely still)

O'Meley would have been 15 except he hasn't had game time... and is possibly still going to be injured. Farah deserves a jersey, but i can't see him getting it ahead of the Knights boys. Even though IMO he has been better then both.

KniGhTs BaTTLeR

Juniors
Team I would like to see.

1. Kurt Gidley
2. Matthew King
3. Jamie Lyon
4. Timana Tahu
5. Eric Grothe
6. Braith Anasta
7. Jarrod Mullen
8. Luke Bailey
9. Danny Buderus (c)
10. Brent Kite
11. Nathan Hindmarsh
12. Willie Mason
13. Andrew Ryan
14. Robbie Farah
15. Jason Ryles(not really but I cant think of another prop, I have a mental block)
16. Brett White
17. Steve Simpson

KniGhTs BaTTLeR

Juniors
Mal Meninga said:
What's Simpsons form in comparison to Bird/Hoffman?

Since when has anyone noticed Simpsons form? Thats the beauty of his game his. Just because he doesnt get talked about more then Bird and co doesnt mean his not in form, he never has a bad game and has never had a bad game for NSW.

Jono078

Referee
He wasnt that great until 2 games ago, and even his last game he spilled the ball a bit early on.

mxlegend99

Referee
KniGhTs BaTTLeR said:
Team I would like to see.

1. Kurt Gidley - ahead of Mini? WTF? Gidley is just behind Stewie and Mini.
2. Matthew King - should shift to centre if Lyon is out
3. Jamie Lyon - probably won't be eligible
4. Timana Tahu - not going to happen. he hasn't played much this year, and he ditched NRL
5. Eric Grothe - i'd put almost ANY other winger ahead of him on form. He has hurt the Eels a fair bit this year
6. Braith Anasta
7. Jarrod Mullen
8. Luke Bailey
9. Danny Buderus (c)
10. Brent Kite
11. Nathan Hindmarsh
12. Willie Mason
13. Andrew Ryan
14. Robbie Farah
15. Jason Ryles(not really but I cant think of another prop, I have a mental block)
16. Brett White
17. Steve Simpson
Good looking forwards and halves. But that backline is just not going to cut it. Tahu and Grothe would get destroyed due to lack of form and match fitness, Lyon just won't be present.... you've left Cooper out, playing well in a crappy team, and you've left the best fullback in the world out, which i'd say is a bit of bias in being a Knights supporter.

perverse

Referee
mxlegend99 said:
Good looking forwards and halves. But that backline is just not going to cut it. Tahu and Grothe would get destroyed due to lack of form and match fitness, Lyon just won't be present.... you've left Cooper out, playing well in a crappy team, and you've left the best fullback in the world out, which i'd say is a bit of bias in being a Knights supporter.
no, i think you'll find gidley has been playing much better than mini. take a glance at the dally m table.

stewart and gids is a line ball at the moment. gids will be pushed to the bench because he's versatile.

lockyno1

Post Whore
So the great Judges of the Dally M are the gospel now? Ben Ikin anyone..yep great judge...LMAO. Gidley on the bench, Minichello to start.

mxlegend99

Referee
perverse said:
no, i think you'll find gidley has been playing much better than mini. take a glance at the dally m table.

stewart and gids is a line ball at the moment. gids will be pushed to the bench because he's versatile.
Then obviously Farah should start ahead of Buderus also. :oops:

Mini is the best fullback in the world. He is getting better each week and is a much safer player then Gidley. He has never let us down.

perverse

Referee
if there were as large a gap between farah's form and buderus' form as there is between gidley and mini.. then sure, why not. buderus has been fantastic for the knights this year (just as farah has been for the tigers).. but they both play very different roles in their respective teams. buderus is the incumbent and will retain his captaincy, but farah wont be contained forever.

i hardly said the dallym leaderboard is a definitive resource to judge a players form and agree with lockyno1 (-edit- removal of personal attack -/edit-) that the judges are a joke. unfortunately many people on this forum like to read things out of context. it is still worth a look. we have no other statistical way of judging form.. as different players bring different skillsets and benefits to a football team.

mini has been average at best this year. he certainly was the best fullback in the world.. but it's been a while since i saw that mini play. i would pick stewart over him in a heartbeat.

you all point out that the dally m is a joke because it dodges the issue, but you don't address my main point - the fact that gidley is in far superior form than mini. in what one single way is mini safer than gidley? it's not hard to get better from terrible.

oh but sorry, i must be biased because i support the knights.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Minichello is better defensively though and in the end defence wins origins. I know if I had to choose between Mini and Gidley catching a Lockyer torpedo bomb I would choose Mini every day of the week. That said when Gidley comes on I would put him at fullback to be honest as that is learly his best position and possibly substitute Minichello if NSW are behind.

aqua_duck

Coach
skeepe said:
skeepe's NSW team

1. Anthony Minichiello
2. Brett Stewart
3. Matt King
4. Dean Collis
5. Hazem El Masri
6. Todd Carney
7. Brett Kimmorley
8. Luke Bailey
9. Robbie Farah
10. Brent Kite
11. Steve Simpson
12. Willie Mason
13. Alan Tongue

14. Ryan Hoffman
15. Peter Cusack
16. Greg Bird
17. Kurt Gidley
glad your not a selector

skeepe

Immortal
perverse said:

By that logic, Carney has been playing much better than Mullen and therefore should be selected. Thanks for acknowledging that fact.

perverse

Referee
skeepe said:
By that logic, Carney has been playing much better than Mullen and therefore should be selected. Thanks for acknowledging that fact.
he's been playing 5/8th outside dobson for most of the year. and i totally disagree that his form is better than mullens. thanks for putting words in my mouth.

Latest posts