What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Post Match Thoughts/Whinges/Issues

84 Baby

Referee
Because everyone wants to hear everyone elses.

1. Matt Ryan, Cheyse Blair & Ken Sio were among our best (at least didn't embarass themselves) and given paychecks and experience, that is a massive issue given our results.

2. Refs are shite, including video refs. Had they bothered to call forward passes and not decided we were playing AFL then Tigers wouldn't have scored 2 of their tries. The two "head highs" I think everyone will have their say on. Benji at least got touched on the face, f**king Farah is a blouse and highlights the reason Buderus should be picked ahead of him for Origin.

3. If we played a 60 minute game, I reckon a Sandow-led Wenty would have put the same score on us that Tigers did.

4. I have been all for giving Kearney a full go to bring his own culture to the club, but honestly after 60 minutes in my books his job security went to a week-by-week status starting this Friday. The final 20 minutes may have saved him until our first bye. I do not think he is a bad coach or manager, I just think that either he isn't the coach to properly plan for the players we have, or the job of changing club & player culture has been too much for him. If I were the board, he would now have a month to prove he is capable of one or the other, and as I said had the Tigers not shut up shop then he would have had till about 9pm Friday to prove it.

Someone

Bench
ffs can someone organise this forum so all these threads are in one. so many different threads whinging about the same shit

i nearly choked when they read out the name lasalo yet again wtf does this guy do to get picked every week? whatever it is im not seeing it

attamarrap

Juniors
The first three tries were scored off unwarranted penalties and knock ons that were given six more. Saying parra touched it joke reffereeing cost us big time

Juniors
Blair and Sio are the only shining lights this year, so far Matt Ryan has impressed me with his agility and work ethic..

Honestly i am glad that mcguire is on report, but we need to fill his gap with someone else and no Lasalo..

I get the impression that Kearney sees what we see however he is a bit slow on the changes fir whatever reason..

As for Roberts so far this season he has been pretty good, unfortunately he had a shocker today..

Oh yeah and the refereeing was disgraceful, if i was Kearney i wouldve told Spags to get the cheque book out ready to fork out $10k for abusing the refs in the post match interview..

Blair and Sio are the only shining lights this year, so far Matt Ryan has impressed me with his agility and work ethic..

Honestly i am glad that mcguire is on report, but we need to fill his gap with someone else and no Lasalo..

if lasalo is named in the first grade team next week kearney should be sacked on the spot

Oh yeah and the refereeing was disgraceful, if i was Kearney i wouldve told Spags to get the cheque book out ready to fork out $10k for abusing the refs in the post match interview..

He won't abuse his players (sorry, lads) so what makes you think he will say anything about the refs?

Noise

Coach
How far back do we have to go in rugby league archives to find a coach with a worse club record than Kearney?
Anybody know?

Last edited:

Daren

Juniors
Benjis dive, poor refereeing decisions, if we got 50-50 calls we could of beatwn the tiggs

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I get the impression that Kearney sees what we see however he is a bit slow on the changes fir whatever reason..

No coach makes kneejerk changes in response to poor form. Especially for a player that trained and performed in the lower grades well enough to get selected in the first place.

Fans want a quick fix. Coaches know quick fixes don't exist.

Gronk

Staff member
No coach makes kneejerk changes in response to poor form. Especially for a player that trained and performed in the lower grades well enough to get selected in the first place.

3 rounds is a quick fix. 30 rounds is ample time to show us your stuff.

Your spin is unconvincing as usual Pou.

hineyrulz

Post Whore

And it's not like he has a heap of options at his disposal. I mean he dropped Lasalo but with Horo injured it was him or POH who also is not up to first grade ATM.

oldmancraigy

Coach
3 rounds is a quick fix. 30 rounds is ample time to show us your stuff.

Your spin is unconvincing as usual Pou.

One might fairly argue that in this case Pou is right?

The team as it stands right now is vastly different to the team of 30 rounds ago.
So there are certainly changes - but which of those changes has made the significant difference?

IF you think there's someone in the lower grades who makes us an amazing team, then please pipe up Gronk!

Sadly there isn't, and we're currently left with a collection of overpaid underperforming first grade squad players (Burt, Poore, Shackleton, Hindmarsh - all on far more coin than their performance justifies).

Gus "the guru" Gould will tell you that it takes 18 months to change a culture. It looks to be "on the way" - but we're all fricken frustrated because we lose so damn many close games!

Do I believe Kearney is a good coach?
Honestly, I'm not sold. I'm not convinced he's the answer. But the question being asked of him is a pretty tough one in that we've assembled a fairly odd collection of personnel to shape.
IMO SK has used his off-seasons very poorly, and has brought 'pre season' into the first few rounds of the season proper - we're playing catchup from the start. But one wonders what winning one or two of those close games mid last season might have done for us?

Latest posts