What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Preseason game against Warriors

Dogshit defence. Absolutely nothing has changed.
It’s the third string side.

Just replaying that Marcelo and Staines thing, poor Scholars caught flat footed.

Charlie got plastered, omg.

But good backing up from scholars to stop Montoya progressing under the post.

Marcelo is a first grader and it showed.

Last edited:

stryker

First Grade
It’s the third string side.

Just replaying that Marcelo and Staines thing, poor Scholars caught flat footed.

Charlie got plastered, omg.

But good backing up from scholars to stop Montoya progressing under the post.

Marcelo is a first grader and it showed.
Scolari was f**king useless
Talau was f**king useless.
ShitStaines was f**king useless

We are in deep trouble with our backs depth.

Stefano's runs were awesome. He also didn't get hurt. That was the highlight and I can see him having a big year.

The attack and defence were appalling.

We better hope we don't suffer too many injuries.

Scolari was f**king useless
Talau was f**king useless.
ShitStaines was f**king useless

We are in deep trouble with our backs depth.
Well it wasn’t the “night out” we had hoped for.

But we can learn a lot from these things and that’s the idea.

I know what your comeback is, in that, it was an complete abomination!

Wizardman

First Grade
One thing I have learnt a long time ago from trials. They are absolutely no predictor on how a first grade team will go. Never have been, never will be. Traditionally, a first trial has always fielded (a) young prospects (b) NSW cup players or (c) long term injured first graders needing a run. The team that played tonight was absolutely no exception to that rule. Trials (particularly the first run a player has in a season) are about basically having a run and trying to impress. Playing on a NZ ground would not have been easy either for a first run.

Tonight was not a fun watch. But, we do not know what stages these guys are in preparation for a long season. It was a bit sad that no young players really impressed. Stefano was an absolute beast and would have played as he basically played f**k all last year. He has stamped a top 17 spot already.

Not great....but have perspective guys.

stryker

First Grade
One thing I have learnt a long time ago from trials. They are absolutely no predictor on how a first grade team will go. Never have been, never will be. Traditionally, a first trial has always fielded (a) young prospects (b) NSW cup players or (c) long term injured first graders needing a run. The team that played tonight was absolutely no exception to that rule. Trials (particularly the first run a player has in a season) are about basically having a run and trying to impress. Playing on a NZ ground would not have been easy either for a first run.

Tonight was not a fun watch. But, we do not know what stages these guys are in preparation for a long season. It was a bit sad that no young players really impressed. Stefano was an absolute beast and would have played as he basically played f**k all last year. He has stamped a top 17 spot already.

Not great....but have perspective guys.
I disagree it’s no indicator.
Last years trials indicated we had no depth and soon as the injuries mounted, we sunk like a stone.
The only guys who stood up tonight, are already in our top 17.
I’ll tell you now, if any of our halves or a couple of our centres go down long term, we are gone.
If Api doesn’t play for extended periods, we are gone.

Wizardman

First Grade
I disagree it’s no indicator.
Last years trials indicated we had no depth and soon as the injuries mounted, we sunk like a stone.
The only guys who stood up tonight, are already in our top 17.
I’ll tell you now, if any of our halves or a couple of our centres go down long term, we are gone.
If Api doesn’t play for extended periods, we are gone.
Both you and I knew that before kickoff tonight though.

Ron's_Mate

Bench
One thing I have learnt a long time ago from trials. They are absolutely no predictor on how a first grade team will go.
I remember a couple of years back, Leichhardt Oval, first trial, we beat Manly by a lot (when they had none of their first grade spine playing), a lot of people were chirping about that and then we had a terrible year and Manly did well. First grade performances during the season is all that counts.

I remember a couple of years back, Leichhardt Oval, first trial, we beat Manly by a lot (when they had none of their first grade spine playing), a lot of people were chirping about that and then we had a terrible year and Manly did well. First grade performances during the season is all that counts.
Yep, I remember that too.

Packer was out in the line attracting defenders throwing inside passes to Laurie who was going over untouched.

I think Shuster was playing for Manly and had a good game. We’d only just missed signing him and I was pleased because Harto had spotted his potential.

If I recall correctly, we just about had a new side for the second half.

As for tonight, Lots of work to do on individuals and decision making.

Im neutral at best on Tim, but I’ve been reading some really stupid things about the game tonight and how our season is over. Ffs, the media love beating us up. A trial with our worst side.

The kids will all be better for the run and no injuries.

Marcelo had the best game of his life, long overdue for him.

Matamua will be a fun in a few years. Good ball playing.

Stefano was a beast and ran over our hooker all night.

Pole solid. Tristan Reilly looked the goods in the first 20, but faded afterwards.
As a union convert Tristan will have to get used to the speed, collision and sheer brutality of the game.

A minor lobotomy operation might also help him in all essential aspects, especially courage.

Good to see Stef hungry.

stryker

First Grade
Both you and I knew that before kickoff tonight though.
Suspected it.
Tonight confirmed it.
Therefore I believe a trial like this does have some bearing on how the team will go as these guys are the depth that will be called upon at some stage.