What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PVP Round 1 (2005) Covells Vs Bluebags

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Big_Bad_Shark_Fan said:
ouch doesnt get much closer than that.
they say the close losses are the hardest to take
but we will learn
judging by the comments spelling is definetly somthing we will have to work on.
congrats to the newtown bluebags
you guys are alot like the 1999 cronulla sharks, a great side who could go all the way, but you have to ask yourself the question, how badly do you want it? do you want to be there in september?

good luck for the rest of this and we look forward to seeing u in the finals

I hate to be a stick in the mud, but in comparison to most F7s games, this wasn't all that close. You've done well in this first game though, especially getting a full 5 posts in, and I hope you guys go through and take out your division in PvP.

Just a note too BBSF, this loss means the Covellians will be in the plate side of the PvP draw - and our mob onto the Shield side. Best of luck though ;-)

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Great effort to the Covell Brigade in getting all five posts in. As BBSF said, it doesn't get much closer than that. ;-)

Cheers to Dread for the refereeing - and thanks for all the comments.

Congrats fellow Bluebags. Special mention to debutante BBJF who looks the goods. We're in the Shield side of the PVP draw, so the stakes are higher now.

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan

First Grade
dodge said:
I hate to be a stick in the mud, but in comparison to most F7s games, this wasn't all that close. You've done well in this first game though, especially getting a full 5 posts in, and I hope you guys go through and take out your division in PvP.

Just a note too BBSF, this loss means the Covellians will be in the plate side of the PvP draw - and our mob onto the Shield side. Best of luck though ;-)

regardless of what side we go in we can still win the tournament which im pretty confident we will do

i think it was a pretty close match
take 20 away from say u and 20 extra to an out of form hunter and the games a tie

Raider_69

Post Whore
rarely has a closer F7's game been seen ;-)
Fantastic effort all round, commiserations covellians, but you blokes arnt toast yet, chin up and back up again next week... Congrats bags, always a tough team to beat

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Worth mentioning that the post views indicate this match has attracted a fair amount of interest this round.

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan

First Grade
Willow said:
Worth mentioning that the post views indicate this match has attracted a fair amount of interest this round.

well once it got out covellz_gurl could be debuting, and as established ONE of the first (not the very first) girls ever in f7s history, there was alot of excitement to this game

Raider_69

Post Whore
agreed, alot of interest about this match, was the only match i was keen to see results off this round... lovee em or hate em i think everyone was genuinely interested to see what the covellians could do in this arena

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan

First Grade
Raider_69 said:
agreed, alot of interest about this match, was the only match i was keen to see results off this round... lovee em or hate em i think everyone was genuinely interested to see what the covellians could do in this arena

i dont think we lost many friends in defeat

Sir Biffo

Bench
Willow said:

Im interested to see how long the CB can keep writing about Luke Covell or whether they will run out of things to say.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Raider_69 said:
may have even gained a fan or two
never know ;-)
Perhaps. At least they don't have back room 7s forums for fear of debating their opinions.
One thing I like about the Covelliers is that you pretty much know the stuff they're getting hooked on from week to week.
Transparency is a great thing and imo, should be rewarded.

dodge said:
Thank you ref, thank you ballboys. Congrats to Moff and Cheesey for equal MOTM honours and well done to BBJF on debut.

Commiserations Covelliers, but well done on getting the whole five in ;-)

Cheers
dodge

Thanks Dodge, Willow & fellow Bluebags. Thoroughly enjoyed my first experience in the F7's. I've been off the air for a while and was pleasantly surprised upon reading the results. Top stuff Gents, look forward to building a good combination with you all throughout the coming season.

And to the Covellians, well done too. I look forward to seeing more musings from your team in the future!

Cheers boyz (and girl!).