What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Qld Cup Brisbane Broncos

Big Pete

Referee
Round 1 Brisbane Broncos Affiliates Line-Ups

Dolphins: 1. Joe Bond 2. Delroy Berryman 3. Aaron Whitchurch 4. Marty Hatfield 5. Liam Georgetown 6. Maurice Kennedy 7. John Kennedy 8. Chris Farrell (c) 9. Tom Butterfield 10. Isaak Ah Mau 11. Derrick Watkins 12. Paul Ivan 13. Tom Murphy
Interchange: 14. Allan Heldsinger 15. James Ackerman 16. Chris Faust 17. Matt Handcock

W.M. Seagulls: 1. Sean Loxley 2. Peter Gubb 3. Matt Grieve 4. Dan Wallace 5. Nathanael Barnes 6. John Te Reo 7. Jacob Fauid 8. Charlie Gubb 9. Jake Granville 10. Dane Carlaw 11. Tim Natusch 12. Jon Grieve 13. Luke Dalziel-Don (c)
Interchange: 14. Chris Ross 15. Matt Smith 16. Ben Shea 17. Troyden Watene

Devils: 1. Lachlan Maranta 2. Joel Bailey 3. Dale Copley 4. Namila Davui 5. Daniel Ogden 6. Dan Murphy 7. Matt Smith 8. Jarrod Wallace 9. Jay Aston 10. Scott Anderson 11. Sam Martin 12. Brendan Gibb 13. Mitchell Frei
Interchange: 14. Trevor Exton 15. Jamie Muller 16. Ryan Hansen 17. Kurt Baptiste

www.leagueunlimited.com/article.php?newsid=22370

Any idea where Gagai is?

Big Pete

Referee
Nevermind, our friendly neighbourhood BroncosMatt is reporting Capewell, Slyney and Gagai will come into the Dolphins line-up.

Wynnum will be the Channel 9 game on Sunday, so make sure to check it out!

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
Devils look to have a strong side.

Hate to harp on it but it would be heaps better if they were all in the same side, for the fans anyhow.

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
Looks weak to me. NYC doesn't normally stand up in QCup. Tweed easily strongest side on paper.

Copley, Anderson, Frei, Baptiste are all fringe NRL and should dominate QLD cup. Gibb should be one step above the rest as well. Never seen Wallace play but Maranta goes ok.

Seagullsrock

Juniors
Copley, Anderson, Frei, Baptiste are all fringe NRL and should dominate QLD cup. Gibb should be one step above the rest as well. Never seen Wallace play but Maranta goes ok.

Must be a weak NRL team if all of them are fringe. Not enough experience for my liking and ordinary halves combination. The only advantage they have is alot of them have played together. Burleigh should account for them easily if they have bonded okay. Norths struggled in the past when they had all the young Melbourne players.

Big Pete

Referee
He was obviously referring to the players he listed and they'd be fringe players for any club.

But I agree. If Norths had an experienced side to help guide the younger Broncos players they'd be one of the better squads in the NRL but really all cross the park there's a lot of youth.

With that said, I know I'd rather watch them than any other side in the comp...except for Easts of course. :)

Smiley

Bench
Anyone know where Dodds is?

Didn't play for the Gulls today and he isn't on our club's injury list.

Big Pete

Referee
Good game this afternoon Seagulls. Fauid & Loxley in particular looked mighty promising for your lot.

Redcliffe Dolphins 28
(Slyney 2, Gagai, Whitchurch, Hatfield, Georgetown tries; Georgetown 2/6 goals) def. Mackay Cutters 18

Burleigh Bears 36 def. Norths Devils 24 (Gibb 2, Bailey 2, Baptiste tries; Bailey 2/5 goals)

Wynnum Manly Seagulls 26 (Loxley 2, Grieve, Wallace, Moore tries; Te Reo 3/5 goals) def. Tweed Heads Seagulls 24

Last edited:

blaza88z

Coach
it was a cracking game, I only live up the road and I dropped by for the last half of it

great atmosphere although on TV it didn't resemble how loud the place really was, especially in the chook pen

Wyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyynum

Big Pete

Referee
Round 2 Q-Cup

Wynnum: Mitchell Dodds, Dan Wallace

Norths: Lachlan Maranta, Dale Copley, Jarrod Wallace, Mitchell Frei, Kurt Baptiste, Dunamis Lui

Redcliffe: Aaron Whitchurch, Dane Gagai, Luke Capewell, Nick Slyney

Source: http://www.leagueunlimited.com/article.php?newsid=22408

Big news: Dodds and Lui return from injury. No Gibb or Anderson for Norths. Anderson is obviously with the Broncos, is Gibb in the picture for Friday?

Seagullsrock

Juniors
Round 2 Q-Cup

Wynnum: Mitchell Dodds, Dan Wallace

Norths: Lachlan Maranta, Dale Copley, Jarrod Wallace, Mitchell Frei, Kurt Baptiste, Dunamis Lui

Redcliffe: Aaron Whitchurch, Dane Gagai, Luke Capewell, Nick Slyney

Source: http://www.leagueunlimited.com/article.php?newsid=22408

Big news: Dodds and Lui return from injury. No Gibb or Anderson for Norths. Anderson is obviously with the Broncos, is Gibb in the picture for Friday?

Gibb is named in the team I'm looking at. Exton was named twice in that original Norths side.

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
Looks like we will get to see Reddy on TV 25 March.

Hopefully it will include the Broncos BP listed above.

hellteam

First Grade
Broncos could do worse then keeping a very close eye on Fauid. I'm happy he's playing for Wynnum, therefroe somewhat still "in the stable".

I know he was signed with the Broncos over the last few years but if he stays injury free (which he hasn't the last 4 or so years), he could become a very good player.

Looked great on the weekend for Wynnum

beads6

First Grade
Good to see Dodds back. Still think he could develop into a very good first grade prop.