What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Qld hooker (if Cam Smith is out)?

Who will play hooker for Qld if Cam Smith is out?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GB!

Juniors
if smith is out, who would you pick?

i think its matty ballin's time.
i'm pretty sure he's in big mals future plans

although if prince gets a run, his combo with friend would be good.
either would get the job done IMO

who do you think?

Panther_Daz

Staff member
I think Nathan Friend would probably be the slight favourite. They could also use Cooper Cronk as well.

Bazal

Post Whore
Ballin deserves it, he's the form hooker of the competition at the moment for mine.

Desert Qlder

First Grade
Very tough call, all three have good claims.

Have to stew on this one for a while before making my decision.

wavell_cowboy

Juniors
A few big weeks from Aaron Payne and he will be right up there in selection talks as well. But Freind, Ballin or Payne i would be happy with either. I love having such depth at the moment.

Vic Mackey

Referee
will probably depend on the halfback

if thurstons fit then they'll probably pick payne, if not then friend

screeder

Juniors
Tough one, Ballin's the future. Payne's been out so scratch him. Friend's been in good form. If Prince plays i'd be happy with either if not Ballin.

Big Pete

Referee
Depends.

If they want a replacement for Smith and his role in the side, Ballin is the way to go.

Dazzat

First Grade
Tough one, Ballin's the future. Payne's been out so scratch him. Friend's been in good form. If Prince plays i'd be happy with either if not Ballin.

That about sums it up.

Ballin's been called into previous pre-season Origin camps, so it would seem he has the inside running. But much will depend on the halfback situation - Thurston/Payne, Prince/Friend. A very interesting selection dilemma, bought on by an abundance of riches.

gronkathon

First Grade
Friend is built for Origin. Ballin is a fine club hooker but Friend is a better Origin style player

Didgi

Obviously I want to see Payne get the job, but I don't think he will. Friend is a very consistent player, massive workload and still provides the easy 10m every run. Would be happy with either, perhaps prefer Friend if not Payne.

MSIH

Bench
Hope they go Friend. I hate that mofo, and would love to see him get pumped. He's handy though, even if he is a deadsh*t.

Ballin would be my choice though, no bias at all.

Latest posts