What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

QLD Team 2017

I'm really glad Qld picked the following bog standard players. Justin O'Neill, Dane Gagai, Nate Myles, ......

(deleted by author due to stupidity in the author (not the person who wrote the quoted post above) first posting something factually incorrect)

Last edited:
DCE..shoot me, especially as a starting player. He just doesn't work at Origin level. It is a shame as he's a wonderful bloke but sometimes you have to make a call, we have done that there.

If you want Gagai to play centre, that's fine. Holmes plays wing. He is the Australian winger. Boyd is better than Slater for Milford.

2 years is a LONG time to play the loyalty card. 1 year sure, not 2.
Milford barely works at NRL level let alone Origin.

Slater is better then Boyd regardless of who's playing 5/8.

You're acting as if Slater has came back and stunk up the joint when he's been undoubtedly the best fullback in the Comp this year.

What was factually incorrect?

For some dumb reason, when I wrote that post, I said Myles was not in the Qld team and was wondering why you had mentioned him.

I dare say stress of having a family member in hospital at the moment is affecting my memory. Mrryken was right to point out my error, and that is why I felt I owed you an apology, even if you hadn't seen my post. I deleted the post as it was just a stupid factual gaffe on my part.

Irish-bulldog

Juniors
Well in my opinion, this is one of the worst QLD teams I've seen in a long time, I'm pretty sure we will be bashed in game 1 if JT is out. Kevin Walters is a problem, he only won last year because he had mals team.

Someone please explain to me how Milford gets a gig ?. An actual fact is milford has the highest amount of mistakes in the nrl this year, I think it's 26. He loves to go missing when things get tough, he can't tackle ? Look how well he did against a shit English team. Myles ? f**k me, does this even need an explanation ? 3 years past his best, I'm all for loyalty but he can't even start for manly. Justin O'Neill ? f**k me again lol no comment. No homles ? No slater who's been on fire for the storm ?.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Milford barely works at NRL level let alone Origin.

Slater is better then Boyd regardless of who's playing 5/8.

You're acting as if Slater has came back and stunk up the joint when he's been undoubtedly the best fullback in the Comp this year.

Milford is a better chance of working than going down the DCE path when in reality we know what will happen in all likelihood there.

A ballpaying fullback is more important if Thurston is ruled out, Boyd is a lot better than Slater in that regard. Boyd was extremely good over the last year for QLD and for Australia in the 4 Nations, and the test match all playing fullback.

I haven't for one second said Slater is playing poorly. I have said that he is unfortunately behind the bloke who is the current test fullback. We have a lot of wingers, we don't need to shaft Boyd onto the wing!

Irish-bulldog

Juniors
Milford is a better chance of working than going down the DCE path when in reality we know what will happen in all likelihood there.

A ballpaying fullback is more important if Thurston is ruled out, Boyd is a lot better than Slater in that regard. Boyd was extremely good over the last year for QLD and for Australia in the 4 Nations, and the test match all playing fullback.

I haven't for one second said Slater is playing poorly. I have said that he is unfortunately behind the bloke who is the current test fullback. We have a lot of wingers, we don't need to shaft Boyd onto the wing!
Stats don't lie, Milford is garbage. I'm no DCE fan, but f**k I actually think he might be a better option then Milford, man the blues will score some tries on him.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Stats don't lie, Milford is garbage. I'm no DCE fan, but f**k I actually think he might be a better option then Milford, man the blues will score some tries on him.

Milford will be fine, his defence has been a lot better since Hunt has been injured for Brisbane. Haven't noticed Milford making too many errors in defence lately at the least. It is why having a Chambers type of centre is important it allows Milford some lattitude. Not as if DCE, etc are defensive superstars anyway.

Jason Maher

Immortal
Slater always was and always will be a far superior fullback to Boyd. And is in scintillating form. But meh, at least I can finally laugh at a Queensland selection decision.

Irish-bulldog

Juniors
Slater always was and always will be a far superior fullback to Boyd. And is in scintillating form. But meh, at least I can finally laugh at a Queensland selection decision.
Well nothing beats the classic MP selection for the blues, man as a Queenslander that shit is celebrated up here.

user_nat

Coach
Strange team.
Slater is the best fullback in the comp right now, the team is better for having both him and Boyd.
How Myles and Guerra make the team in 2017 is just confusing.
Naming Milford is just a giant screw over of Brisbane, Thurston will play. Origin can go die.

Last edited: