What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Queensland - Game 1 - How good were we

cornerposter

Juniors
With all the NSW backstabbing threads in full swing, thought it appropriate to stop and celebrate our champion effort tonight.

Price, Smith, Hannant, Hodges & Crocker out; pissing down rain in sh*tty Sydney town yet this team of champions stepped up yet again.

Despite the initial knock-on Slater was awesome.
Boyd / Inglis / Izzy & Willie all very good.
7 & 6 a step above everyone.
Civ - an absolute machine, what a leader.
Myles - inspirational tonight.
Shillo - played great. Loved the ball that put Lockyer over.
Ballin - Faultless
Scott - best game I've seen him play
Sammy - Keeps getting better. Easily the best forward in the world at the moment.
Harrsion - solid
Cronk - had an impact
Taylor - had an impact. Loved the fact he got involved in the first 3 tackles when he came on.
Costigan - solid

lockyno1

Post Whore
I actually thought we just did enough to win. We played well for 30 minutes and average for 50 minutes, it was just that our best 30 is better than NSW's best 50.

Charlie124

First Grade
Im very happy with the win but QLD have heaps of improvement left in that team.

Smith, Hannant, Price, Hodges (maybe) can only get better at home on a dry track,

3 - 0 to see off Locky in style.

AuDragon

Juniors
While JT deserved his MOM, I thought Locky came real close.
Loved his kicking game and his speed of the line in defense.
Although solid, most back bar Billy were relatively quiet, imagine them at Suncorp with a dry surface and ball...:crazy:
The forwards laid the platform with Petero leading and Thaiday at his best ever.
With Cam Smith, Hannant, Price, Crocker and possibly Hodgo back, the next games are gonna be like...:BDH:

Last edited:

Jason Maher

Immortal
Isn't it a bit sad that a team where every player had a blinder could only beat a team where every player had a shocker by 4 points?

Mong

Post Whore
I wasn't sad at the end of the game..

Not by a long shot.

Did NSW get any points that were not lucky?

The video ref was obviously felling sorry for them with Creagh's try..

Dazzat

First Grade
Lockyer was my man-of-the-match ... his kicking on a wet track ... long sweeping left-footers covering 60m-65m ... won the game for Queensland IMO.

Can you imagine the NSW forwards watching them fly over their heads think, "I've got to run back that far!"

Lockyer makes it look so easy ... the way he directs play around the park. That's why he doesn't get the wraps he should.

His leadership now is like his running style of old ... makes it look effortless.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Isn't it a bit sad that a team where every player had a blinder could only beat a team where every player had a shocker by 4 points?

If you think the scoreline was anything other than flattering to the Blues last night, then you are in dreamland.

Two tries off knock-ons, one an absolute howler by the video ref.

Slackboy72

Coach
To be honest QLD have played 3 great games in the last 4 years. The rest of the time they've been pretty ordinary helped by an intercept from Kimmorley and a bad pass from Hayne.
Fortunately NSW have sent out dross except on 4 occasions where they won 2 dead rubbers and lost two games from an intercept from Kimmorley and a bad pass from Hayne.
This current squad is nothing special when you compare it to teams from the 80s and 90s. It's just that NSW have been so regularly below par since game 2 2006 on.

cornerposter

Juniors
To be honest QLD have played 3 great games in the last 4 years. The rest of the time they've been pretty ordinary helped by an intercept from Kimmorley and a bad pass from Hayne.
Fortunately NSW have sent out dross except on 4 occasions where they won 2 dead rubbers and lost two games from an intercept from Kimmorley and a bad pass from Hayne.
This current squad is nothing special when you compare it to teams from the 80s and 90s. It's just that NSW have been so regularly below par since game 2 2006 on.

Get off the drugs, this side deserves / demands to be regarded as one of the best ever.

BDH

Juniors
We were great!

Apart from 1 or 2 dropped balls in appalling weather, I can't fault a single Queensland players game. To the man they executed with skill and heart.

The answer is obvious; QLD cares more. Pure and simple.

Dazzat

First Grade
Looking at the stats for the game ... Lockyer made 583 metres from 12 kicks! Priceless in wet weather football ... well any game in fact.

The next best was Kimmorley with 334 metres from 10 kicks ...

No need to commentate here ... the stats tell the story.

Latest posts