What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Queensland having a cry

El Diablo

Post Whore
under the new rules Korben Sims would not be eigible for Queensland

it's only because he played under n20's SOO before they came in that makes him eligible

Joker's Wild

Coach
Korbin played u18s for Qld, thats what made him eligible for them

He was picked in an U20s SOO side after that

Still stupid, both Sims and Keary

Dazzat

First Grade
Don't you love those fans of NSW. They have seven times as many players to choose from than Queensland, but always scraping and scourging for one or two more.

Kinda like the millionaire sweeping his mansion to find his missing five cent piece.

Oh well ... whatever floats your boat.

Craig Johnston

First Grade
Don't you love those fans of NSW. They have seven times as many players to choose from than Queensland, but always scraping and scourging for one or two more.

Kinda like the millionaire sweeping his mansion to find his missing five cent piece.

Oh well ... whatever floats your boat.

better than being common theives

MightyMoo

Juniors
The Blue waffles can have Lukey Keary. I'm sure he'll play with passion and pride wearing the blue jersey.

GongPanther

Referee
The rules apply to both teams, and are in place because of ridiculous selections like Greg Inglis playing for QLD, and James Tamou playing for NSW. THe new rules are an improvement, but at the end of the day the only way you will remove the grey area is if you live up to the name and make the game strictly State of ORIGIN. You play for the state you were born in, or not at all.

Sure we would have missed out on some greats over the years. But the game wouldn't be the farce that it is today either. It makes absolutely zero sense to make a game called State of ORIGIN, and then have a million different rules and technicalities for eligibility when only one is needed.

Both teams are guilty of ridiculous selections. Hence the current rules that apply to both teams. The current rules aren't one state trying to cheat and prevent players like Keary from representing their state of birth, they are to prevent ridiculous selections like a NSW born and bred Greg Inglis playing for Queensland, and a Kiwi who has lived in the country for 5 minutes from representing NSW.

But everytime you get technical with the rules to prevent previous cases from happening again, you will create one that has odd effects like it did here. Only one way to prevent these things, and that's to have it 100% black and white. Play for where you were born, or not at all. I guarantee that 90% of players who happily play for the other state and love it just as much... afterall both states pay $30k for an appearance and that's what the players care about most.

This ^ needs bumping every now and again to add sanity to the issue.

El Diablo

Post Whore
The rules apply to both teams, and are in place because of ridiculous selections like Greg Inglis playing for QLD, and James Tamou playing for NSW. THe new rules are an improvement, but at the end of the day the only way you will remove the grey area is if you live up to the name and make the game strictly State of ORIGIN. You play for the state you were born in, or not at all.

Sure we would have missed out on some greats over the years. But the game wouldn't be the farce that it is today either. It makes absolutely zero sense to make a game called State of ORIGIN, and then have a million different rules and technicalities for eligibility when only one is needed.

Both teams are guilty of ridiculous selections. Hence the current rules that apply to both teams. The current rules aren't one state trying to cheat and prevent players like Keary from representing their state of birth, they are to prevent ridiculous selections like a NSW born and bred Greg Inglis playing for Queensland, and a Kiwi who has lived in the country for 5 minutes from representing NSW.

But everytime you get technical with the rules to prevent previous cases from happening again, you will create one that has odd effects like it did here. Only one way to prevent these things, and that's to have it 100% black and white. Play for where you were born, or not at all. I guarantee that 90% of players who happily play for the other state and love it just as much... afterall both states pay $30k for an appearance and that's what the players care about most.

Inglis qualified for NSW under the old rules and should never have played for Queensland

Inglis qualified for NSW under the old rules and should never have played for Queensland

Waaaaa.

aHJX-1eV-4.gif

Last edited:

kbw

Bench
If a player doesn't want to play for NSW but doesn't qualify to play for QLD under the rules (or the other way around) then stuff them and they don't play at all.
I am sure neither state wants someone who is not passionate about the state they are playing for. (although you do wonder about some of NSW's previous selections)

Why does Keary support QLD, because they have been winners.
The biggest joke of the whole thing is that he isn't good enough anyway.

But then nothing takes the cake like Ingli$ playing for QLD. But then as a NSW supporter I am glad he doesn't play for NSW as I detest the money hungry lazy dick

kokz2014

Juniors
Oh jolly, QLDrs crying at its best! They cry every year!
"That's in QLD" LOL
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbgShiaal6E

If a player doesn't want to play for NSW but doesn't qualify to play for QLD under the rules (or the other way around) then stuff them and they don't play at all.
I am sure neither state wants someone who is not passionate about the state they are playing for. (although you do wonder about some of NSW's previous selections)

Why does Keary support QLD, because they have been winners.
The biggest joke of the whole thing is that he isn't good enough anyway.

But then nothing takes the cake like Ingli$ playing for QLD. But then as a NSW supporter I am glad he doesn't play for NSW as I detest the money hungry lazy dick
Who cares about Keary? He is not going to make the NSW team under my watch :D

And lastly:
"Where is the origin sheild" That's in NSW!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1VpY91zroo

You lose again QLD, in your undies!

Last edited:

Latest posts