What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Queensland Side for 2010?

League Legend

Juniors
1. Billy Slater
2. Darius Boyd
3. Greg Inglis
4. Willie Tonga
5. Israel Folau
6. Darren Lockyer
7. Johnathan Thurston
8. Matthew Scott
9. Cameron Smith
10. Petero Civoniceva
11. Nate Myles
12. Sam Thaiday
13. Ashley Harrison

14. Cooper Cronk
15. David Shillington
16. Neville Costigan
17. David Taylor

WTF are the selectors thinking, why pick:
1. A 80% Thurston and have 100% Cronk (Test Half) on the bench?
2. A Half Back on the bench?
3. Costigan and not Bolton or Parker?
4. Why even name a 50/50 Smith who will be @ 75% at best?

I think we will still win, but why take injuries into a SOO, injuries can snowball very quickly in the intensity of SOO.

Just my opinion. :crazy:

Last edited:

Iafeta

Referee
f**k it, I give up on Queensland. Hear ye, hear ye, I officially revoke my support for Queensland and hope NSW pummel them. You sort of lift the carpet and sweet as hard as you can on Greg Inglis and co, but you have Ben Te'o as their 18th man... Ben Te'o, a bloke who was born and bred and grew up in New Zealand (none of this I moved over early like cutie says he did), the bloke was a member of the Warriors Development Squad, that's how late in life he left it to go to Oz. Here's some info on him, he is a Hibiscus Coast junior, he played for NZ U16s and then went onto Jnr Kiwis. He was with the Warriors until the end of 2005/beginning of 2006 when the club cut him after he got a bad injury. He then went to the Tigers. He then was a member of a Kiwis train on squad for the 2007 Tri Nations but was not selected. He played for Samoa in 2008 after missing Kiwis selection for the World Cup.

And now he's an Aussie?

Sacre bleu, next thing he'll take up an offer with Catalans and become a Frog.

Screw you Te'o, screw you Queensland, go the Blues.

Charlie124

First Grade
Cronk can cover 5/8, halfback, hooker and centre if he needs to. I think he's a great selection as the utility bench player. Smith and Thurston will be 100% and even if they werent they're still 20 times the players that NSW can offer up.

elyod138

Bench
WTF are the selectors thinking, why pick:
1. A 80% Thurston and have 100% Cronk (Test Half) on the bench?
2. A Half Back on the bench?

Cronk could play any position apart from prop.

He might play a running role like Berrigan did, I think some people will be surprised with how tough and versatile he is. I'm confident that he will be useful.

Iafeta

Referee
well it isnt like he's declared his allegiance to nz and then changed his mind cos of origin

until they tighten up the eligibility rules you'll see occurences like this occur

p.s. he's in great form so good on him

No you're right. He's never verbally done that. He's only PHYSICALLY been a member of the Kiwis train on squad.

Screw him, screw Queensland.

analyst

Juniors
I dont like costigan ,im not sure why but I think he draws too many penalties and drop balls, he really pisses me off during the game when he fu*ks up like that.

On one hand he can throw in these big tackles and really lift a sides enthusiasm then he also has the grit which is good but can also draw penalties when he is too excited.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Fu** yeah ,two of the best no# 7's in one side looks great, but also looks like QLD have too many good players to even know what to do with them:lol:

Who do you think would come off for cronk? ,I wouldnt want thurston comming off unless he was injured but also I cant see a side with thurston and cronk on at the same time, it will be interesting to see the changes,

im thinking thurston will come off around the 30min mark and play cronk as a utility rather than another no#7 who can dart from dummy half when the bigger blues boys get tired.

go OLD ,cant wait

Cronk can easily play Lock, that is the obvious change for me. Will be a similar role to Sean Berrigan played- cover the centres for injuries and cover the halves, but will play in the backrow more than likely. However this is depending on Smith being fit. If he is not I can see Cronk playing hooker for 40 minutes at least.

benj4

Juniors
Strong starting side. Crappy bench though.

I don't think we'll be as dominate as most people think.

Cronk can easily play Lock, that is the obvious change for me. Will be a similar role to Sean Berrigan played- cover the centres for injuries and cover the halves, but will play in the backrow more than likely. However this is depending on Smith being fit. If he is not I can see Cronk playing hooker for 40 minutes at least.

When is the last time he played Lock? What he did a few years ago isn't very convincing. If he does play Lock I expect the likes of Watmough and Ennis to target him a lot and rack up his tackle count. Defending in the halves is a lot different to defending in the middle.

I wouldn't want him in the centres either because it would mean that either Lockyer and Cronk or Thurston and Cronk would be defending together. Would you want Lockyer, Cronk and Folau marking Creagh, Cooper and Morris?

They should have picked another forward and used Harrison as the utility.

hellteam

First Grade
We need Cronk on the bench, especially for this game, because two of our main playmakers (Thurston, Smith) are carrying injuries. If we had another forward on the bench we wouldn't be able to cover those two important players very well.

f**k it, I give up on Queensland. Hear ye, hear ye, I officially revoke my support for Queensland and hope NSW pummel them. You sort of lift the carpet and sweet as hard as you can on Greg Inglis and co, but you have Ben Te'o as their 18th man... Ben Te'o, a bloke who was born and bred and grew up in New Zealand (none of this I moved over early like cutie says he did), the bloke was a member of the Warriors Development Squad, that's how late in life he left it to go to Oz. Here's some info on him, he is a Hibiscus Coast junior, he played for NZ U16s and then went onto Jnr Kiwis. He was with the Warriors until the end of 2005/beginning of 2006 when the club cut him after he got a bad injury. He then went to the Tigers. He then was a member of a Kiwis train on squad for the 2007 Tri Nations but was not selected. He played for Samoa in 2008 after missing Kiwis selection for the World Cup.

And now he's an Aussie?

With you all the way...just a sly way of getting Kiwis to commit to Oz in the future.

Go NSW...;-)

Joker's Wild

Coach

And now he's an Aussie?

This baffled me as well

The bloke speaks with a thicker NZ accent than that whale in the "Beached as" video and somehow he is eligable to play for Qld

The rules need to be overhauled big time otherwise all rep games are going to just turn into ALL STAR matches

Dazzat

First Grade
This baffled me as well

The bloke speaks with a thicker NZ accent than that whale in the "Beached as" video and somehow he is eligable to play for Qld

The rules need to be overhauled big time otherwise all rep games are going to just turn into ALL STAR matches

You guys south of the border don't understand the Queensland psyche. We are a very accepting people. We've had to be really ... because so many southerners have elbowed their way into our state, screaming about 'sea change' and 'retirement'.

If we weren't so accepting, we'd go mad. So to Ben, welcome to our ranks bro!

Ghoulies

Bench
How does Te'o even qualify for us? Spare me the sarcastic answers too, please. I'd genuinely like to know when he played his first senior game in QLD.

Big Pete

Referee
I thought he was a Keebra Park graduate?

Which is on the Gold Coast.

Last edited:

Dazzat

First Grade
How does Te'o even qualify for us? Spare me the sarcastic answers too, please. I'd genuinely like to know when he played his first senior game in QLD.

As far as I'm aware the same rules apply to NSW and Queensland (cue Inglis whingers) so I'll leave the decisions about who qualifies or not to those in authority.

wavell_cowboy

Juniors
T'eo is rubbish anyway. Don't let the bronco fans fool you, 3 half decent games doesnt make an origin player. Stagg and Bolton should feel disappointed and wondering what they have to do for a chance in the origin squad. Strong 17, bad choice as 18th man.

Dazzat

First Grade
T'eo is rubbish anyway. Don't let the bronco fans fool you, 3 half decent games doesnt make an origin player. Stagg and Bolton should feel disappointed and wondering what they have to do for a chance in the origin squad. Strong 17, bad choice as 18th man.

I tend to agree with you ... and you could add Corey Parker to that list as well.

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Its nearing the end of May. You know what that means.

This is the time of the year someone starts a thread that states GI first played footy in NSW.

Remind me - is this done before the origin kicks off or after he scores a match winning try?

Go the Maroons!

timka4

Bench
Its nearing the end of May. You know what that means.

This is the time of the year someone starts a thread that states GI first played footy in NSW.

Remind me - is this done before the origin kicks off or after he scores a match winning try?

Go the Maroons!

well i actually don't know the true full story of inglis cause ive heard so many different versions of it, can someone kindly fill me in