What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R16 Sun - Dragons v Manly *SPOILERS*

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
That's Penrith's season for certain now, absolutely no chance of semi's for the mountain men.

Saints live to fight another day but for how long... and - I know today you were missing your players, but Saints without everyone except Creagh and Hornby? Come on! Two straight Manly, 1 from your last four? What's doing?

dragonfire

Bench
great intense game, deadset that was the 2nd game saving tackle i have seen from Josh Morris, cannont believe that Burns didnt score. The halves finally seem to be gettng some things going and with Hornby back to help with the direction our attack looked quite good. BTW one of the first times we have a good spread of the ball and Stanley shows how good he is and sets up a great try by Soward, now to just fix up that right side defence and we can give some teams a goood run for the remainder of the season

Hurriflatch

Referee
The last month in which Manly have only beaten Souths and losing to both Penrith and the Dragons has just about proven that they will not win the comp with M.Orford in the #7 he is simply not a big game player and has a history of choking in big games he is the players version of Brian Smith

Hutty1986

Immortal
gong_eagle said:
CLASS ??? :(

Been great all year and are a very good footy side, despite the players they had out.

Came back well though and nearly stole the match

Hurriflatch

Referee
Dragons were missing: Gasnier, Cooper, Ryles, Woolford, B.Morris etc
Manly were missing: Lyon. B.Stewart, Bell and Kite

I know which team was more understrength and they weren't wearing a bird as a logo

DragonPunk

Live Update Team
Staff member
Im delighted with the result even though i tipped against the dragons but they showed a lot of urgency in defense and point on some good tries.

But DAMN! they nearly killed me with those few minutes.

_Johnsy

Referee
salivor said:
What happened to the confidence Johnsy? I remember after the Broncos v Dragons match you said the Dragons were on the rise and we were a candidate for the spoon. Seems like the opposite has happened since.

Sal

Confidence is always there, some weeks it is little more than hope. I think you will find I said the way Brisbane were playing they were a definate candidate for the spoon. I am sure even you would have admitted as much then.

_Johnsy

Referee
Beavers Headgear said:
Um, no

Out of starting 13, 6 are where they would be at full strength, and 2 club debutants on the bench. This game means nothing towards a premiership, losing to this mob with Kite, Stewart, Bell, Matai, Lyon back and players playing where they are comfortable, then it would have more bearing

FMD

You played a virtual PL side and were beaten, if you really think your side can win the comp you are dillusional.:crazy: :crazy:

Dutchy

Immortal
Manly doesnt deserve to be where they are on the table atm. Our form is down, our defence has been horrible the past two matches. Just a question. Did anyone else apart from Archer think Hicks tackled that winger in the air? I was there, he want for the damn ball and missed it.

My analysis of the Manly boys for our fans.

Robbo at fullback was good, worthy replacement for Stewy at the back.
NBQ and Hicks, both solid without being excellent.
Beaver - his worst game of his career, very dissapointing today.
Nuemann - not quite up to first grade standard yet, found out in defense alot.
Burnsy - done more in the first 5 than Lyon has done at 6 all year, was good seeing him back.
Orford - f**ked
King/Hall - both good up front
Bryant - still dont rate him
Monas - best for us on field, looked dangerous...let the wrong #7 go
Stewy - quite tonight...solid in what he did do.
Watmough - dangerous on that left edge yet again...shouldnt have played anyway..should be playing wednesday night
Williamson - good in D when he was on..as always.
Sione Alphabet - he impressed me when he was on...solid hitups and good defensive player.
Afamasaga - Parra were correct to let him go.
Cuthbertosn - growing on me, he is going to be a good player...good on the park 2day.

So yea, well done Dragons...played well.

Manly's last 10-15 mins in attack is how we should be playing, we looked the best we have all season in that little passage.

Latest posts