What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R2 | Cowboys 14-16 Knights @ 1300SMILES | Sat 9.00pm (AEDT)

Jobdog

Live Update Team
2015nql-main.jpg

1. Michael Morgan
2. Justin O'Neill 3. Matthew Wright 4. Kane Linnett 5. Antonio Winterstein
6. Robert Lui 7. Johnathan Thurston
8. Matthew Scott 9. Rory Kostjasyn 10. Ben Hannant
11. Gavin Cooper 12. Ethan Lowe
13. Jason Taumalolo

Interchange: 14. Jake Granville 15. Kelepi Tanginoa 16. Scott Bolton 17. James Tamou 18. Lachlan Coote

2015new-second.jpg

1. Kurt Gidley
2. James McManus 3. Dane Gagai 4. Joseph Leilua 5. Akuila Uate
6. Jarrod Mullen 7. Tyrone Roberts
8. Kade Snowden 9. Adam Clydsdale 10. Korbin Sims
11. Beau Scott 12. Robbie Rochow
13. Jeremy Smith

Interchange: 14. Tyler Randell 15. Chris Houston 16. David Fa'alogo 17. Jack Stockwell 18. Sione Mata'utia

2015ref-lime.png

Referees: Gavin Badger, Matt Noyen
Sideline Officials: Ricky MacFarlane, Belinda Sleeman
Video Referees: Shayne Hayne, Ben Galea;

Holden Cup Under 20's R2
SAT 6:45PM | Cowboys v Knights @ 1300SMILES

VB NSW Cup R2 times AEDT
SAT 3:00PM | Newcastle (NEW) v Newtown (CRO) @ Kurri Kurri Sportsground​

Last edited:

Swarzey

Bench
They'll bounce back. Too much talent to drop a second straight home game. If we're a bit more structured in attack then it could be a great game otherwise I think they'll get us in the end. A few points, no more. Would be nice to see Mullen whip JT again though.

Yosh

Coach
Mullen to break one of JT's ribs.
Uate to score a hattrick.
BJ to have an amazing game as a impact backrower.

Done.

slotmachine

First Grade
They have a great looking squad but can deliver an absolute stinker. Like swarzey, wary of the bounce back factor.

Not too worried about the result, it won't dictate our finals chances. The 10 games we have in hand against the titans, raiders, tigers, dragons and sharks will.

They have a great looking squad but can deliver an absolute stinker. Like swarzey, wary of the bounce back factor.

Not too worried about the result, it won't dictate our finals chances. The 10 games we have in hand against the titans, raiders, tigers, dragons and sharks will.

hopefully no brain snaps from bj

Tactically we did not pressurise Johnson and I feel that is Rick at his best. He realises the threat comes form the players the ball is distributed to. It is about reading them. Not the playmaker all the time. I feel Shaun Johnson struggled cos his support crew were read like a book by us in defence. Thurston can't be allowed to run amok but we need to also understand his backline are very so so. One of the weakest in the comp.
The forwards well that is another proposition. We hold them we win.

Zoidberg

First Grade
Not expeting to win this but you never know. If we get a fair run with penalties and can defend our line as well as we did last week we've got a good chance.
If I recall correctly, we kept JT pretty quiet last time we played in NQ but Robert Lui (sp?) carved us up. Have to keep an eye on both sides of the ruck.

Swarzey

Bench
If I remember correctly, weren't we getting f**ked in the final 20? Had the win in the bag pretty early in the second half so we just dropped off.

Dave_

Juniors
Tactically we did not pressurise Johnson and I feel that is Rick at his best. He realises the threat comes form the players the ball is distributed to. It is about reading them. Not the playmaker all the time. I feel Shaun Johnson struggled cos his support crew were read like a book by us in defence. Thurston can't be allowed to run amok but we need to also understand his backline are very so so. One of the weakest in the comp.
The forwards well that is another proposition. We hold them we win.

Finally someone mentions the Cows weak backline! Certainly not much doing there.

Everyone raves about the cows forwards, but really, Scott and taumololo are the only decent ones, the rest we have covered fairly easily. I think both sides are quite even on paper with their halves obviously the players to watch.

Noname36

First Grade
I would have tipped us at home but we seem to lose our heads the moment we enter Qld. That and the bounce back factor will get the Cows home unfortunately I think.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Everyone raves about the cows forwards, but really, Scott and taumololo are the only decent ones, the rest we have covered fairly easily. I think both sides are quite even on paper with their halves obviously the players to watch.

Hannant, Cooper and Lowe are pretty good forwards in my book

Roberts is going to have another big defencive test ahead of him as I can imagine they'll be running their big boys at him all night

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
The forward battle worries me. Hopefully Mullo and Roberts kicking games are far better than last week as we will need to play field position against the cows. Hopefully Uate, Gaigai and Leilua are able to cause some damage against their bigger men late in the halves.

Yosh

Coach
How good was Roberts's defence last week? Do we have the best defensive halves in the comp or what? Sione at the back doesn't shy away from head on collisions either.

Knight4life

Juniors
How good was Roberts's defence last week? Do we have the best defensive halves in the comp or what? Sione at the back doesn't shy away from head on collisions either.

Didn't Roberts miss the 2nd most tackles in the comp last yr? Very impressive last week though.
will he be on taumololos side tonight? Tht a bit of a worry