What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R3 | Knights 34-6 Cowboys @ Hunter | Mon 7.00pm

Round 3 result :: Knights vs Cowboys

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jobdog

Live Update Team
nrl-r3newnql.jpg

2013teams-new-main.jpg

1. Darius Boyd
2. James McManus 3. Anthony Quinn 4. Timana Tahu 5. Akuila Uate
6. Jarrod Mullen 7. Kurt Gidley (c)
8. Kade Snowden 9. Matt Hilder 10. David Fa’alogo
11. Beau Scott 12. Chris Houston
13. Jeremy Smith

Interchange: 14. Tyrone Roberts 15. Neville Costigan 16. Robbie Rochow 17. Alex McKinnon

2013teams-nql-alt.jpg

1. Matthew Bowen
2. Ashley Graham 3. Brent Tate 4. Kane Linnett 5. Antonio Winterstein
6. Johnathan Thurston (c) 7. Michael Morgan
8. Matt Scott (c) 9. Scott Moore 10. James Tamou
11. Gavin Cooper 12. Glenn Hall
13. Dallas Johnson

Interchange: 14. Anthony Mitchell 15. Ashton Sims 16. Scott Bolton 17. Jason Taumalolo
Reserve: 18. Blake Leary

2013teams-ref-pink.jpg

Referees
Jason Robinson and Gavin Morris
Touch Judges: Paul Holland and Dave Ryan
Video Referees: Ashley Klein and Phil Haines

Holden Cup Under 20's Round 3
Knights v Cowboys @ Hunter, Mon 4:45pm

VB NSW Cup Round 3
Newcastle Knights (NEW) v Auckland Vulcans (WAR) @ Cessnock Sports Ground, Sat 5:00pm​

Last edited:

First Grade
Reserving Judgement till the team is announced, hopefully Dane Big Willy Danny and Timana are all starters.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
One thing I can be certain of? We won't be as horrendous as we were last night.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
It really is as simple as whichever team turns up.

If it's the one from last night - Cowboys by 30. If it's the one from last Monday - us by 6.

Serc

First Grade
Willie Mason is cleared of a calf strain following his scan. He will be monitored this week and should be available for Round 3 against the Cowboys.
Dane Gagai has an ankle syndesmosis injury and requires further scans on Tuesday to determine the extent of his injury. The centre won’t be available for Round 3.
Travis Waddell was a late withdrawal from Sunday’s game and is a chance to return on Monday following a precautionary hamstring scan on Monday.
Meanwhile, Matt Hilder returned earlier than expected on Sunday following a thumb injury sustained in the final trial match in Tamworth. Hilder was cleared by the doctor late last week and took his place in the team to cover the loss of Waddell.
Danny Buderus is also recovering well from pre-season back surgery and will return to skill and contact sessions this week. He is expected to be available in Round 4, as is Timana Tahu, who is returning from a foot injury.
http://www.newcastleknights.com.au/news-display/Injury-update-after-Round-2/70259

I think Mullo had the same ankle injury a few years ago...was he out for around a month?

1qaz

Juniors
Gagai has had issues with his ankles before.
Watmough is a piece of shieet.
Knights need Gagai back ASAP... Uate had one of his worst games I have ever seen him played. Mullen went missing as well.

Jono078

Referee
Not looking forward to this game at all as I don't think we'll win.

IF we win this, a lot of optimism will be restored in me about our season.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Not looking forward to this game at all as I don't think we'll win.

IF we win this, a lot of optimism will be restored in me about our season.
Based on the Manly game? Three weeks ago didn't you say we'd beat them?

Last edited:

Jono078

Referee
I highly doubt we'll be that bad again, but I think the Cowboys will be just as tough as the Sea Eagles.

Right now I see Cowboys winning 20-10.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
We won't be that bad again.

We didn't play well, but plenty of credit has to go to Manly. Most teams would really have struggled to match them on Sunday. Like Billy Slater for Melbourne, Anthony Watmough is really making a habit of saving his best games for when he plays us..

Joker's Wild

Coach
Ray Thompson will be out for a few weeks and its likely Lui will be replacing him at halfback for the Cowboys

Latest posts