What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 9 vs. Souths @Accor

MugaB

Coach
So are you saying Garner is a Centre or a Back rower? I test my case.
Utility, he is both... its why they get picked nearly every game, incase shit happens... otherwise they'd BE just a back rower or BE just a centre..
Things can be two things at once you know..

The Realist

Juniors
Up front is the main concern. They look flat and there isn't any impact of the bench. I'm not sure if Lisati is ready, I haven't seen any NSW cup this season. But Geyer can only do so much and I pray he gets better.

Our attack is wasted, nothing doing in the beginning of games. It feels like they just hit brick walls and waste all that energy.

Geyer is basically a passenger. Offers close to nothing. He isn't (consistent) NRL level yet, if ever.

MugaB

Coach
I've not seen much reserve grade so can someone tell me what he offers?

Average size, speed and acceleration. I'm yet to see any footwork or ball playing.

Very much reminds me of Ben Turbo.
Legacy?

soc123_au

Staff member
A bit harsh in bold. The good/great centres can do that, plenty of them just go through a game with little to no impact. Tago is a great player, albeit with things to work on.

But yeah, his defense hasn't been good enough. I suspect his injury has left him ginger/tentative with part of his body and changed his style as I don't remember the grabbing technique prior to late last year. Hopefully he uses the next couple of weeks to work on that.
I didn't mean it to sound harsh, just that he is doing center things which you expect. He has shown he can tear teams apart, but that isn't going to happen every week. My point was I'm only really concerned with his Defense, it would be nice to see "beast Tago" more often with the ball, but for the most part what he is doing there is ok.

Iamback

Coach
I've not seen much reserve grade so can someone tell me what he offers?

Average size, speed and acceleration. I'm yet to see any footwork or ball playing.

Very much reminds me of Ben Turbo.

I had this argument with the super coach in the pre season. This is exactly what he has shown in NSW Cup

Girds89

Bench
I didn't mean it to sound harsh, just that he is doing center things which you expect. He has shown he can tear teams apart, but that isn't going to happen every week. My point was I'm only really concerned with his Defense, it would be nice to see "beast Tago" more often with the ball, but for the most part what he is doing there is ok.

Im sure once nath is back on deck full time and firing and marto finds a bit of form then tagos form will come too.

Some are hammering tago flat out but the right all year has been well done on form in attack and defence.

Compared to how we were going at the same point last year i actually think we are travelling really nicely albeit with plenty to work on.

Iamback

Coach
Im sure once nath is back on deck full time and firing and marto finds a bit of form then tagos form will come too.

Some are hammering tago flat out but the right all year has been well done on form in attack and defence.

Compared to how we were going at the same point last year i actually think we are travelling really nicely albeit with plenty to work on.

It is hard to compare the 2 years.

We have had 4 games handed to use by injuries to opposition backlines

Bred not Bought

Juniors
Schneider is solid but his ball playing and short aerial kicking is not good. Nice grubber on him though.

Luai had a good game but Its the type of game he should be stepping up a lot more, struggling opposition, injury affected throughout the game, no cleary.

Cook should have been bombed more. Schneider failed to take advantage. He wasted kicks on Thompson. He did get one kick right later in no man's land that lead to a try.

Schneider is still very much learning. His game awareness and having the confidence to back himself is two areas that should improve over time.

Luai on the other hand. Should have known better, and stepped up to exploit Souffs weaknesses.

Iamback

Coach
And yet people still complain when we have Laurie on the bench to cover injuries…

Because he should be getting game time somewhere if injury doesn't come.

I have no issue with cover but you need to have a role for them outside of injury

Whilst I understand Laurie is on the bench to cover injuries in the halves and FB. Some of our forwards are looking tired. There needs to be some consideration in the balance of the bench, so not to burn them out.
Definitely need to consider that. But Cleary’s general mantra has been to manage training loads to combat fatigue rather than rest players/manage game load.

The secret to our success over 20/22 was getting out of the blacks fast and then having flexibility over how you manage the squad as you approach the finals. Last year we started off slowly but got a lot of momentum through the SOO period; not one you want to have to count on every year. I like the idea of racking up the completion points at this time of the year.

Latest posts