What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R3 v Cowboys

TheRev

First Grade
I have to admit, I'm obsessed with Flanno's line "That won't happen again (this year)".

I mean it probably just spilled out, I don't know if he intended it literally.. cause I think its going to happen a few times this season, the Broncos the stand out to do it.. they throw enough muscle and speed at you for 80mins.. I don't see us able to stay in that arm wrestle... and there is a limit to the players endurance.. and the Dolphins took us there on the weekend.. no doubt we went into the game complacent.. and we wont do that this weekend.... but we were in that Dolphins game for as long as we could be.. but it was too much speed and power for our line-up...if we were actually scoring points too.. maybe the momentum never gets that lop-sided... that was at near full-strength too.

Dragon Blood

Juniors
Under Abdo and Vlandys, NRL has become a copy of Premier league. If you look at Premier league, it is very hard for a team outside of Man United, City, Arsenal and Chelsea to win. It is a 2 tier competition. Liverpool won it once in the last decade and that is that. Contrast that to the old first division (ended in 1990s) when every team had a chance. Anyway, Premier League is huge business and NRL is following in its footsteps. NRL, already awash with money is talking of buying Super League, extending to US, etc. My prediction, 20 years from now and premierships will belong to Penrith, Brisbane Melbourne, Roosters and maybe south. The rest of us will be there to make the numbers. For us Dragons. Raiders, knights, dogs, Eels, etc making to top 4 would feel like winning the comp.

Paul Kent nailed it yesterday, when he said we have become like WWE. That 2 tier competition has also extended to NRL handling players too. Suspensions, everything. 2 players used wrong words. The jobber got 8 weeks. On the other hand, Abdo will sit down with the pin-up and they will chat about it. This is way past WWE and the world of Sports Entertainment. At least, they let Hulk cool down for few months before bringing him back. Yes, in the era of Abdo and Vlandys, money talks. Advertisement dollars decide verdicts.
I've been saying this for years now and I have posted many times on various threads that the NRL is like watching WWE.
Feels like a very scripted "competition" and a game can easily be swayed one way or the other by the Bunker, dodgy refs calls, constant six against etc.
I won't get started on Abdo and Vlandys because I have nothing good to say about them.

I've been saying this for years now and I have posted many times on various threads that the NRL is like watching WWE.
Feels like a very scripted "competition" and a game can easily be swayed one way or the other by the Bunker, dodgy refs calls, constant six against etc.
I won't get started on Abdo and Vlandys because I have nothing good to say about them.
Yep - Like the F*x commentary pre-match highlighting Hammer's try drought and how Averillo loves to score against the Dragons, bounce-back factor, Bennett blah blah. Did Saints get a mention?
The NRL belongs in Vegas - a shallow sh*thole full of grasping d*ckheads or are either on the make or on the take.

TheRev

First Grade
I feel like we're on a bit of a forum death-spiral this week, but I have to say a win this week would really turn things around.. the players are going to bounce back hard after last weekend... the question is can we score points to capitalise on that early energy? I think it will be challenging without Liddle, Frank (and Sele) but if we score early I reckon we will be some sort of chance.

They can score points though, so we wont be defending our way to victory..

I feel like we're on a bit of a forum death-spiral this week, but I have to say a win this week would really turn things around.. the players are going to bounce back hard after last weekend... the question is can we score points to capitalise on that early energy? I think it will be challenging without Liddle, Frank (and Sele) but if we score early I reckon we will be some sort of chance.

They can score points though, so we wont be defending our way to victory..
You'd better ask F*xSports if we're going to have a bounce-back or not.

Draginzaaar

Bench
It's like playing All Age football on a Saturday and turning up for an away game to be ref'd by the club president/coach/whatever of the opposing team. Which happened so many times over the decades I played that I couldn't count.
Could the NRL make their bias more obvious?
Yeah as if the NRL care if we lose or not. You blokes are full of it. For a start PVL is a Dragon's supporter.

Dragon David

First Grade
Yeah as if the NRL care if we lose or not. You blokes are full of it. For a start PVL is a Dragon's supporter.
Yes I have read that PVL is a Dragons supporter having played league himself as a youngster in the Illawarra region.

This does not mean that he would do everything he can to help the club in fact I think he is doing the opposite as he cannot be seen to offer any favours to the club he supports. Same goes for Andrew Abdo who follows Manly - no favours for them.

PVL is helping the NRL make lots of money through all the betting agencies same as with the Horse racing industry - its all about the money.

kit66

Bench
There's no reason we can't put in a good showing at home against the Cows this weekend.
The Cows were kept busy and scoreless in the first half against Newi last week and it took some stout defence on their line to hold their opposition to two tries. Newcastle came out very lethargic and not switched on in the 2nd half with no line speed or urgency at all in defence allowing quick play the balls for the Cows to roll over 60 metres per set and score twice in the opening 4 minutes. A penalty and a six again didn't help either.

We have to do better in stemming the tide against an opposition roll on and slow their momentum, that killed us last week. The Cows line defence is excellent, we'll need more than barge over tactics with some clever kicks behind their line - grubbers or pin point cross-field kicks for Suli and Lomax, put the opposition in two minds. Lot's of ball movement, off-loads and second phase play to keep the Cows guessing and keep em busy. Their game last week looked a real energy sapping affair in the Townsville humidity plus it's them having to jump on a plane this week not us, that helps us more than you might think.
Hold the ball, errors and penalties will destroy us against this mob and hope the ref gives us a little home town rub of the green for a change.
Not confident but some more round 1 enthusiasm from the boys and anything's possible.

Saints by 7.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
It's like playing All Age football on a Saturday and turning up for an away game to be ref'd by the club president/coach/whatever of the opposing team. Which happened so many times over the decades I played that I couldn't count.
Could the NRL make their bias more obvious?
Yeah and if memory serves me correctly Im sure she refereed a few woman's NSW v QLD SOO games .....and at time imo she seemed to heavily favour QLD...lets hope Im wrong and we get a fair rub of the green

Last edited:

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Was watching the replay of Panthers v Donkeys game last night and thought yep heard all the talk and unrest with Lomax and started thinking what sought of coin hes on with us and compered him with the likes of TO'O and MAY and what they bring to their backline its like chalk and cheese......then you throw Cleary and Hunt into the mix and how Cleary controls the game and leads his team around the park compered to Hunt and it's not hard to see why Penrith are where they are and we are struggling in that department........in short both Lomax and Hunt need to shut up get their heads down their arses into gear and instead of whining and whinging think themselves lucky that they are being paid handsomely by a club that has showed very little since 2010

Draginzaaar

Bench
Yeah maybe they fake Monkey calls, ACLs and HIAs.

Illusion

Bench
Was watching the replay of Panthers v Donkeys game last night and thought yep heard all the talk and unrest with Lomax and started thinking what sought of coin hes on with us and compered him with the likes of TO'O and MAY and what they bring to their backline its like chalk and cheese......then you throw Cleary and Hunt into the mix and how Cleary controls the game and leads his team around the park compered to Hunt and it's not hard to see why Penrith are where they are and we are struggling in that department........in short both Lomax and Hunt need to shut up get their heads down their arses into gear and instead of whining and whinging think themselves lucky that they are being paid handsomely by a club that has showed very little since 2010
Hunts a trouble maker , never mind being captain ........ Should have let him walk when he wanted out ........

rasaint

Juniors
I know a fair bit of comment on Frank Molo already.
I watched the tackle in slow motion a number of times
and for the life of me I can not see any head contact. Molo moved up fast as Wallace received the ball and Molo took him ball and all with arms wrapping around Wallace. Again no head contact.Even the Dolphins players reacted slowly and just jogged over to Wallace when he stayed down.

What was it that Molo did and to gain grade 2? Even just grade 1 for what? Any other posters hear an explanation?

I know a fair bit of comment on Frank Molo already.
I watched the tackle in slow motion a number of times
and for the life of me I can not see any head contact. Molo moved up fast as Wallace received the ball and Molo took him ball and all with arms wrapping around Wallace. Again no head contact.Even the Dolphins players reacted slowly and just jogged over to Wallace when he stayed down.

What was it that Molo did and to gain grade 2? Even just grade 1 for what? Any other posters hear an explanation?
He had a Red V on. Isn't that enough?

Latest posts