What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs rumours, signings, injuries etc

southsport

First Grade
Nah that's it. That's why I said it was a nothing rumour. Do you think we have a good chance of getting him? I've seen his highlights he is an absolute beast. We need a prop like him in our side. He's just reaching his peak at 27 as well.

I just stumbled across the rumour, it sounds like he'd be good pick-up, I wonder if Sam could influence him?

SattlersJaw14

Juniors
I would be shocked if that was true. Madge has been close with gus throughout his whole development. I wouldn't dismiss it though as I know there were players in the squad that didn't see eye to eye with him. Every other club can f**k right off.

You have no idea if Madge didn't see eye to eye with certain players, you sure make up a lot of stuff

SattlersJaw14

Juniors
You talk the most shit out of anyone on this forum shut the f**k up. It's common knowledge that Madge had trouble with players.

Now now, no need to be personal son

Its not common knowledge at all, its gossip column pap, nothing more, nothing less
I'd bet London to a brick that Madge had no more problems with players than pretty much any other coach

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Now now, no need to be personal son

Its not common knowledge at all, its gossip column pap, nothing more, nothing less
I'd bet London to a brick that Madge had no more problems with players than pretty much any other coach

I would LOVE to take that bet. Bellamy and Bennett's relationships with their players are far superior to madge's. I'm not even a Madge critic I wanted to keep him but there is no way that everybody in the squad loved him.

SattlersJaw14

Juniors
I would LOVE to take that bet. Bellamy and Bennett's relationships with their players are far superior to madge's. I'm not even a Madge critic I wanted to keep him but there is no way that everybody in the squad loved him.

Well apart from blokes like Carter or A'vau but apart from them, there is absolutely no indication that he had a problem with anyone, a few players might have yearned for a different approach, i don't know, i only deal in facts, & like I've said a few times to you & others, you're dealing in rumours & hearsay, unless you talk to the players, fellow coaches etc, its best not to come to these kind of conclusions

Travitoh

First Grade
Well apart from blokes like Carter or A'vau but apart from them, there is absolutely no indication that he had a problem with anyone, a few players might have yearned for a different approach, i don't know, i only deal in facts, & like I've said a few times to you & others, you're dealing in rumours & hearsay, unless you talk to the players, fellow coaches etc, its best not to come to these kind of conclusions

Where there's smoke, there is fire...

I don't really want to buy in to the rumours but i have reason to believe that he wasn't necessarily loved by the players...
Firstly, the past two seasons we have had a squad that i believe should've been aiming for finals but finished 12th twice, a flattering result after winning a few dead rubbers when the season was well and truly over. The players didn't look like a team who wanted to give everything for their coach, even when rumours started that he may get the flick.

Secondly, we have lost better players than we've signed, players who still had contracts with South Sydney. Why was this? Madge is spoken of highly as a coach but the appeal of playing under someone of that quality doesn't seem to attract players like some other coaches are able to. Coaches like Bennett, Green, Bellamy and Hasler very rarely have key players walk out while still being under contract and they always manage to sign quality who want to play for them to replace quality leaving. If Madge is in the same bracket as those coaches, why didn't he have the same ability to attract players?

SattlersJaw14

Juniors
Where there's smoke, there is fire...

I don't really want to buy in to the rumours but i have reason to believe that he wasn't necessarily loved by the players...
Firstly, the past two seasons we have had a squad that i believe should've been aiming for finals but finished 12th twice, a flattering result after winning a few dead rubbers when the season was well and truly over. The players didn't look like a team who wanted to give everything for their coach, even when rumours started that he may get the flick.

Secondly, we have lost better players than we've signed, players who still had contracts with South Sydney. Why was this? Madge is spoken of highly as a coach but the appeal of playing under someone of that quality doesn't seem to attract players like some other coaches are able to. Coaches like Bennett, Green, Bellamy and Hasler very rarely have key players walk out while still being under contract and they always manage to sign quality who want to play for them to replace quality leaving. If Madge is in the same bracket as those coaches, why didn't he have the same ability to attract players?

according to our esteemed leaders our salary cap was a mess, this is why we lost players & didn't sign players of a similar status, however by utilising what we did have to invest in youth, i think was a shrewd move & one i ultimately support

I still see no indication of any kind of mutiny amongst the players, i'd like to think that we dropped the ball when we signed certain people to run the club, we lost Sam & Teo, we had unfortunate situation with gray & walker, we signed some dickheads, everything went a bit pear shaped, again, i'd like to think Madge did his best under difficult circumstances

Itsamansgame

Juniors
Well Georgie Boy has plenty of time over the off season to take a long hard look at himself,being left out of the Pommy squad.
What a fall from grace he has suffered,he's of the age now where he should be at his peak,hopefully watching Sam and Thomas wearing the colours might bring back George 2014 model!

themacemaceman

Juniors
Well Georgie Boy has plenty of time over the off season to take a long hard look at himself,being left out of the Pommy squad.
What a fall from grace he has suffered,he's of the age now where he should be at his peak,hopefully watching Sam and Thomas wearing the colours might bring back George 2014 model!
That's great news.
George can now focus on getting his body and mind fit for a huge 2018.
Bennett could have done us a huge favour leaving him out.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade

This could make or break him. He will either be motivated to step up a level or be so gutted that he only puts half the effort in at pre season and has another below par season. I know all South Sydney fans want to see him succeed, especially after the 2014 grand final. This pre season is the biggest one he may have in his career.

Latest posts