What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs rumours, signings, injuries etc

callmack1

Staff member
Jeez I hope not. No need for him he's injury prone, old and would be holding back Tracey and Doueihi.

In other news we've announced Tevita 'Junior' Tatola and Billy Brittain on one year deals.
Agreed.

Good to hear about the new signings.

themacemaceman

Juniors
With the signing of Brittain is probably timely to open up the Cook V Farah debate for the 51st time!

Brittain is a hooker so what does this mean.
Are we going with 2 Hookers again with one on the bench?

Or is Farah or Cook being moved on?

Rabbitoad

Juniors
With the signing of Brittain is probably timely to open up the Cook V Farah debate for the 51st time!

Brittain is a hooker so what does this mean.
Are we going with 2 Hookers again with one on the bench?

Or is Farah or Cook being moved on?
First of all, definitely Cook.

His speed out of dummy half gets our big forwards moving, hitting the ball at pace and rolling forward.

But I think you'll find Brittain will wind up taking Brad Deitz's Bears spot as Deitz has gone to Wentworthville.

themacemaceman

Juniors
First of all, definitely Cook.

His speed out of dummy half gets our big forwards moving, hitting the ball at pace and rolling forward.

But I think you'll find Brittain will wind up taking Brad Deitz's Bears spot as Deitz has gone to Wentworthville.
Ok I didn't know Deitz was gone.
That makes sense.
Yeah I'm thinking Cook too which is a backflip on what I was thinking last year

doyen

Bench
Farah at 9 is the best option!

His vast experience,organizing skills & leadership

will give us much better cohesion.

His kicking skills & strong defence an added bonus!

ie.unless Cook can improve dramatically in the abovementioned areas in which Farah is strong!!

Last edited:

Rabbitoad

Juniors
Farah at 9 is the best option!

His vast experience,organizing skills & leadership

will give us much better cohesion.

His kicking skills & strong defence an added bonus!
He clashed with our halves in attack and put pressure on our fringe runners by trying to force passes that he might have been able to pull off in his younger years, but definitely can't anymore.

How anyone could see the way Cook/Walker/Reynolds clicked at the back end of this year and not want to build on that is beyond me.

Rabbits20

Immortal
My spy has told me we have made inquiries to get carney. He would come cheap and handy backup
If he came that'd disgust me........

I call bullshit.......... our grand old club wouldn't be that stupid surely.......

Memberships would be handed in and the phones will be off this planet ringing at Redfern.....

I don't want that disgrace anywhere near our club............

Rabbits20

Immortal
Jeez I hope not. No need for him he's injury prone, old and would be holding back Tracey and Doueihi.

In other news we've announced Tevita 'Junior' Tatola and Billy Brittain on one year deals.
So we have about 40 players well that's a lot.........

That has to be condensed to 25 plus 5 development players I believe......

I don't understand how they are all signed with us........... some have to be train and trial contracts and some must have Norths only clauses in them....

doyen

Bench
He clashed with our halves in attack and put pressure on our fringe runners by trying to force passes that he might have been able to pull off in his younger years, but definitely can't anymore.

How anyone could see the way Cook/Walker/Reynolds clicked at the back end of this year and not want to build on that is beyond me.

The end of season games were played with the pressure off---it's in the real world from Game 1 that we must plan for!! Sths,& Cook did the same in 2016 from memory after the horse had bolted!
It depends on the approach taken by Seibold--he may be prepared to play a less structured game which suits COOK!

Rabbits20

Immortal

Bravo bravo......... he's too slow to catch out markers properly as well......

Cook is similar to Api in many many ways.....

You are aware Doyen Api missed by far the most tackles out of any hooker.... it was like his tackling percentage efficiency was 87percent and Cook' was 92percent.......

Farah gets in the way and doesn't give our halves good service at all.......

Get over your Cookie vendetta Doyen for once........

You are aware Doyen the guy is currently training the house down they say.....

Cookie could have the best game of his career by far and go above and beyond and still Doyen would not give him credit........

Then Farah would come in if he does at some point and do a half arsed job and get all the praise...... go figure..........

I read in the paper the other day it was rumoured Britain was being signed to Norths and not Souths...... he will not make our 30 man squad and I'd put money on it....

Farah is a f**king waste of like 600k......

I'd say Cook is on about the 350 mark.....

What do we all think Cook is on guys???

doyen

Bench
Bravo bravo......... he's too slow to catch out markers properly as well......

Cook is similar to Api in many many ways.....

You are aware Doyen Api missed by far the most tackles out of any hooker.... it was like his tackling percentage efficiency was 87percent and Cook' was 92percent.......

Farah gets in the way and doesn't give our halves good service at all.......

Get over your Cookie vendetta Doyen for once........

You are aware Doyen the guy is currently training the house down they say.....

Cookie could have the best game of his career by far and go above and beyond and still Doyen would not give him credit........

Then Farah would come in if he does at some point and do a half arsed job and get all the praise...... go figure..........

I read in the paper the other day it was rumoured Britain was being signed to Norths and not Souths...... he will not make our 30 man squad and I'd put money on it....

Farah is a f**king waste of like 600k......

I'd say Cook is on about the 350 mark.....

What do we all think Cook is on guys???

Come on R20--poor ole Robbie could score 10 tries & make 100 tackles in a game & you'd still rubbish him---I reckon you need to stop your vendetta & give Robbie a fair go!!!

Rabbitoad

Juniors
So we have about 40 players well that's a lot.........

That has to be condensed to 25 plus 5 development players I believe......

I don't understand how they are all signed with us........... some have to be train and trial contracts and some must have Norths only clauses in them....
NRL squad of 30 plus (up to) 6 development players.

I would imagine Josh Cook and Hawkins will be outside that 36, so that'd leave another 2 to miss out.

Whether that's train and trial guys or another couple of young guys set to continue in the Under 20s is anyone's guess

Rabbits20

Immortal
Come on R20--poor ole Robbie could score 10 tries & make 100 tackles in a game & you'd still rubbish him---I reckon you need to stop your vendetta & give Robbie a fair go!!!
Hahahaha no I believe I'm quite honest in my analysis......

Robbie is not a running hooker and can't get the forwards rolling like Cook can....

We need a running hooker with crisp fast passes........

It seems to me you like hookers that do not run much Doyen.....

Travitoh

First Grade
If he came that'd disgust me........

I call bullshit.......... our grand old club wouldn't be that stupid surely.......

Memberships would be handed in and the phones will be off this planet ringing at Redfern.....

I don't want that disgrace anywhere near our club............

We welcomed Auva'a back into the fold without even a second thought, why should Carney be treated differently if he was to sign? His DUI would be off his criminal record now I'm sure and his worst offence since is a 'party trick' that only surfaced thanks to a dog of a mate.

For what it's worth, I'm not keen on him as i feel that while he can play, his body has had it and we're not in a position to be taking a punt on a 30+ yo halfback with little leadership skills. We should continue to encourage the youth at the club, not put up road blocks on their path to first grade.

Travitoh

First Grade
Both Cook and Farah had their good and bad performances last season. My opinion mainly goes as far as we play one for 80 minutes instead of both in the 17. Which one it is can be decided in the friendlies though i lean towards Cook as he's more likely to feature in future seasons.
If it were my decision, I'd be aggressively looking to recruit a new 9 for 2019 with the Farah money freed up unless Cook steps up to a level we haven't seen yet.

Itsamansgame

Juniors
Both Cook and Farah had their good and bad performances last season. My opinion mainly goes as far as we play one for 80 minutes instead of both in the 17. Which one it is can be decided in the friendlies though i lean towards Cook as he's more likely to feature in future seasons.
If it were my decision, I'd be aggressively looking to recruit a new 9 for 2019 with the Farah money freed up unless Cook steps up to a level we haven't seen yet.
Cook for 80!

Latest posts