What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs rumours, signings, injuries etc

Itsamansgame

Juniors
Totally off topic,Manly have just signed Joel Thompson,they are still yet to sort out their cap problems.
Has anyone involved with the NRL have any idea what's going on with the salary cap or how to run a business?

burgibigbash

Juniors
Interesting to note we have a squad of 40 players. On the main site they haven't yet put Brittan, Leuluai and Tatola on the squad list, but if you add them that's 40 players.

That's 2 sides of 17 plus 6 over.

GI
Graham
Gagai
Jennings
AJ
Walker
Reynolds
George
Cook
Tom
Sam
Fuimaono
Murray

Crichton
Talakai
Turner
Musgrove

Arthars
Gagan
Burns
Hunt
Kennar
Doueihi
Tracey
Leuluai
Farah
Nichols
Sutton
Britt
Clark

Brittan
Martin
Tatola
Johnston

Cook
Hawkins
Tava'ale
Rodwell
Taukamo
Hiroti

If the halve fire up that reserve grade side looks very strong. I think the club has done a very good job in building some depth over the off season. Every player except the 2 halves and fullback have had first grade experience and they are the young guns just coming through with some big wraps on all three.

The good thing is that with both 17s every player is in position and if there is an injury to one of the first team blokes there are some solid options to bring in. I think that's half the fight having good depth to cover injuries and we have this IMO.

When quality forwards like Clark, Sutton, Nichols and Farah are fighting for spots you know the young blokes will have to keep the momentum going and be at their best to hold off the challenge and the older blokes will have to be at their best to grab a spot in the 17.

The 6 young blokes from within wont be there just making up the numbers either.

I'm very excited.

Travitoh

First Grade
Interesting to note we have a squad of 40 players. On the main site they haven't yet put Brittan, Leuluai and Tatola on the squad list, but if you add them that's 40 players.

GI
Graham
Gagai
Jennings
AJ
Walker
Reynolds
George
Cook
Tom
Sam
Fuimaono
Murray

Crichton
Talakai
Turner
Musgrove

Arthars
Gagan
Burns
Hunt
Kennar
Doueihi
Tracey
Leuluai
Farah
Nichols
Sutton
Britt
Clark

Brittan
Martin
Tatola
Johnston

Cook
Hawkins
Tava'ale
Rodwell
Taukamo
Hiroti

If the halve fire up that reserve grade side looks very strong. I think the club has done a very good job in building some depth over the off season. Every player except the 2 halves and fullback have had first grade experience and they are the young guns just coming through with some big wraps on all three.

The good thing is that with both 17s every player is in position and if there is an injury to one of the first team blokes there are some solid options to bring in. I think that's half the fight having good depth to cover injuries and we have this IMO.

When quality forwards like Clark, Sutton, Nichols and Farah are fighting for spots you know the young blokes will have to keep the momentum going and be at their best to hold off the challenge and the older blokes will have to be at their best to grab a spot in the 17.

I'm very excited.

We've seen worse squads make the eight before and will do again.
Hell, people rated a Canberra side last season that had guys like Wighton, Austin and Sezer at 1, 6 and 7!

GGTSS

Juniors
I think we should go after Josh Papali for 2019. A different body type with great experience at rep level. He’d compliment players like Murray and add a new dimension to our game.

De tmTrajic

Juniors

GI
Graham
Gagai
Jennings
AJ
Walker
Reynolds
George
Cook
Tom
Sam
Fuimaono
Murray

Crichton
Talakai
Turner
Musgrove

Arthars
Gagan
Burns
Hunt
Kennar
Doueihi
Tracey
Leuluai
Farah
Nichols
Sutton
Britt
Clark

Brittan
Martin
Tatola
Johnston

Cook
Hawkins
Tava'ale
Rodwell
Taukamo
Hiroti

I'm very excited.
I think we should go after Josh Papali for 2019. A different body type with great experience at rep level. He’d compliment players like Murray and add a new dimension to our game.

GI
Graham
Gagai
Jennings
AJ
Walker
Reynolds
George
Cook
Tom
Sam
Fuimaono
Murray

Crichton
Talakai
Turner
Musgrove

Arthars
Gagan
Burns
Hunt
Kennar
Doueihi
Tracey
Leuluai
Farah
Nichols
Sutton
Britt
Clark

Brittan
Martin
Tatola
Johnston

Cook
Hawkins
Tava'ale
Rodwell
Taukamo
Hiroti

I'm very excited.

Thank you for clearly listing and nominating positions for the 2 squads. Often fondly look back to 2014 & think that team had some great players. All 3 Burgie, GI, Reynolds, DWalks. Some toilers & then there was one player who can not be recreated. Or can he???

Rabbitoad

Juniors
He'd be good at the right price, but I think he's on like 700k at Canberra.

I'd like to see us sign Esan Marsters from the Tigers. He's playing right centre at the moment, but he came up playing second row.

Big, strong, agile, skillful and runs really good lines in attack.

Exsilium

First Grade
He'd be good at the right price, but I think he's on like 700k at Canberra.

I'd like to see us sign Esan Marsters from the Tigers. He's playing right centre at the moment, but he came up playing second row.

Big, strong, agile, skillful and runs really good lines in attack.

Marsters is earmarked at the tigers, not likely to leave.

There's a list of players you need but it's who you can attract and unless you play gun football early in the year I think you'll be left wanting.

I see Souths needing 2-3 years under Siebold (? - spelling) and developing a strong system before you'lll be gaining other clubs junior talent or marquee signings.

You're exactly where the Tigers were at the beginning of the year. Rookie coach, lean years and a mixed playing roster. Stability, pathways and some key signings will see the Bunnies firing.

Rabbitoad

Juniors
Marsters is earmarked at the tigers, not likely to leave.

There's a list of players you need but it's who you can attract and unless you play gun football early in the year I think you'll be left wanting.

I see Souths needing 2-3 years under Siebold (? - spelling) and developing a strong system before you'lll be gaining other clubs junior talent or marquee signings.

You're exactly where the Tigers were at the beginning of the year. Rookie coach, lean years and a mixed playing roster. Stability, pathways and some key signings will see the Bunnies firing.
If we're exactly where the Tigers were at and the Tigers have just made a bunch of marquee signings, why would you think we couldn't sign players for next year?

You're contradicting yourself mate

Exsilium

First Grade
If we're exactly where the Tigers were at and the Tigers have just made a bunch of marquee signings, why would you think we couldn't sign players for next year?

You're contradicting yourself mate

Maybe a little context is needed. Beginning of the year, including pre-season , the Tigers chased a lot of players and missed out. They were at risk of losing key juniors also.

The tigers spent the early part of the year developing key systems under Cleary, same as he did with the Panthers. Mid-year they secured and signed even more players. Won a few games and fortunes changed.

If you think Souths will attract quality players considering the past two years and a rookie coach then you may be disappointed come mid-season. I like Souths as a club but there's a lot of work to do before the market will open up for you.

Why don't you tell me why, in your opinion, why Souths will have no problem attracting quality players?

Rabbitoad

Juniors
Maybe a little context is needed. Beginning of the year, including pre-season , the Tigers chased a lot of players and missed out. They were at risk of losing key juniors also.

The tigers spent the early part of the year developing key systems under Cleary, same as he did with the Panthers. Mid-year they secured and signed even more players. Won a few games and fortunes changed.

Riiiight again mate, you're saying that at the start of the season you couldn't sign anyone then by the end of the year you could.

We'll have more time under Seibold than the Tigers had under Cleary before they started signing big names. Much bigger than Marsters.

You're contradicting yourself.

Are you just upset that I suggested we sign one of your players?

GGTSS

Juniors
I think we need a damaging and established backrower. We have a lot of talent coming through but Sutto is getting on we need a strong leader who can help bring through our young talent. I like papali for his body type but even a Joel Thompson would have been good.

Exsilium

First Grade
Riiiight again mate, you're saying that at the start of the season you couldn't sign anyone then by the end of the year you could.

We'll have more time under Seibold than the Tigers had under Cleary before they started signing big names. Much bigger than Marsters.

You're contradicting yourself.

Are you just upset that I suggested we sign one of your players?

I'm not a tigers fan?

You're not considering the time frames I am suggesting. The TIGERS had difficulty attracting players prior to the Cleary appointment, Especially after and by some accounts "during" the Farah/Taylor fued and ultimately the cap situation resulting from this.

Cleary took the reins in April 2017 and when he came on board he had immense difficulty attracting key players, he even mentioned this at the AGM. They missed out on many players.

In the media player agents cited club instability and weren't sold on Cleary, losing Teddy and the leadership of woods gained mention. I believe Cleary is a coach who come's in to stabalise a club. He's a great systems coach but he was there to rebuild and knew what he was in for.

Come mid-late 2017 and the Tigers had made very key decisions and recruited well.

Siebold is a rookie coach, inheriting a similarly performing roster, lost a key player in Crighton and has a handful of months to recruit heavily and favourably. Will he have the same impact in your opinion?

Do you think Souths will be in a position to sign marquee's and/or quality players by mid-season? Who do you think Souths will sign? What does Souths offer a player exactly?

It's hardly a contridiction when you're in the same situation as a club.

New coach, reduced roster, poor perfomances, injuries and you just lost a key player.

The Tigers took months to sort their administration and playing roster out. That's exactly how it panned out. I am suggesting it will take a mammoth effort from the club to turn it around.

Veracity

Juniors
I'm not a tigers fan?

You're not considering the time frames I am suggesting. The TIGERS had difficulty attracting players prior to the Cleary appointment, Especially after and by some accounts "during" the Farah/Taylor fued and ultimately the cap situation resulting from this.

Cleary took the reins in April 2017 and when he came on board he had immense difficulty attracting key players, he even mentioned this at the AGM. They missed out on many players.

In the media player agents cited club instability and weren't sold on Cleary, losing Teddy and the leadership of woods gained mention. I believe Cleary is a coach who come's in to stabalise a club. He's a great systems coach but he was there to rebuild and knew what he was in for.

Come mid-late 2017 and the Tigers had made very key decisions and recruited well.

Siebold is a rookie coach, inheriting a similarly performing roster, lost a key player in Crighton and has a handful of months to recruit heavily and favourably. Will he have the same impact in your opinion?

Do you think Souths will be in a position to sign marquee's and/or quality players by mid-season? Who do you think Souths will sign? What does Souths offer a player exactly?

New coach, reduced roster, poor perfomances, injuries and you just lost a key player.

The Tigers took months to sort their administration and playing roster out. That's exactly how it panned out. I am suggesting it will take a mammoth effort from the club to turn it around.

f**k the tigpies, who cares what they do, nothing we do bares any relation to their predicament

Rabbitoad

Juniors
I'm not a tigers fan?

Again, the Tigers turned it around in less than a season with a new coach.

We have more time than that between now and when we finish recruiting for 2019.

You're contradiciting yourself mate. Big time.

Besides, with limited space in the cap we managed to sign Dane Gagai, Origin player of the season/Kangaroos winger for 2018, so this idea that we can't land big name players is blatantly false.

De tmTrajic

Juniors
I think we need a damaging and established backrower. We have a lot of talent coming through but Sutto is getting on we need a strong leader who can help bring through our young talent. I like papali for his body type but even a Joel Thompson would have been good.

Only one player missing. A player who keeps opposing packs up nights. Ben Teo.