What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs rumours, signings, injuries etc

Rabbitoad

Juniors
As to who I'd look at signing/retaining I'd do the following.

-Re-sign Fuimaono, Walker and Doueihi.

-Sign Corey Oates to a strong deal to play on the wing (I know he's said in the media that he wants to play in the forwards, but I think that's mostly $$$ related).

He'd add to our power kick returns (he averaged 170m per game this year) led by G.I (hopefully backed up by Gagai/Fuimaono in the centres).

When our backs get us on the front foot it let's our big forwards hit the ball at pace with the defensive line on the back foot, preventing them from targeting the twins/Sam with gang tackles.

He'd also add power runs for the corner and one of the best vertical leaps in the sport to compliment AJ's speed, skill and agility.

-As previously stated, I'd sign Esan Masters to play right edge second row.

DynamicRabbit1

Juniors

-Sign Corey Oates to a strong deal to play on the wing (I know he's said in the media that he wants to play in the forwards, but I think that's mostly $$$ related).

He'd add to our power kick returns (he averaged 170m per game this year) led by G.I (hopefully backed up by Gagai/Fuimaono in the centres).

When our backs get us on the front foot it let's our big forwards hit the ball at pace with the defensive line on the back foot, preventing them from targeting the twins/Sam with gang tackles.

He'd also add power runs for the corner and one of the best vertical leaps in the sport to compliment AJ's speed, skill and agility.

Agree with Fui, Walker , Douehi.
Look to keep Jennings too

Agree think we needed another outside back and probably a Prop this year.

To replace Angus I’d look at Kikau , Aloiai or Tapine (we could prob get x2 for the anount Roosters paid for Angus)

Be great if we good get RTS or Latrell

Rabbits20

Immortal
Agree with Fui, Walker , Douehi.
Look to keep Jennings too

Agree think we needed another outside back and probably a Prop this year.

To replace Angus I’d look at Kikau , Aloiai or Tapine (we could prob get x2 for the anount Roosters paid for Angus)

Be great if we good get RTS or Latrell
Sorry I don't rate Aloiai........

De tmTrajic

Juniors

A lot of what you say makes sense but with a back 3 of Sam, Angus & the young bloke ( sorry i have age moment ). I don't see buying a winger come centre is what we need. Teo or Teo like back rower would be nice.

DynamicRabbit1

Juniors
Rumour Dragons in process of signing Walmsley for 2019. We should have been in the front of the line to sign this guy. (Especially with Burgess UK connection too). We could use a powerful prop in the forwards to free Sam up a bit more :rage:....our recruitment really seems to be lacking direction

southsport

First Grade
Rumour Dragons in process of signing Walmsley for 2019. We should have been in the front of the line to sign this guy. (Especially with Burgess UK connection too). We could use a powerful prop in the forwards to free Sam up a bit more :rage:....our recruitment really seems to be lacking direction

I think Souths are relying on Sam Johnstone coming through to the top grade.

DynamicRabbit1

Juniors
I think Souths are relying on Sam Johnstone coming through to the top grade.
If we are happy to wait another x2 years for the youngster to peak that’s fine.. but we are coming off the back x3 dissapointing years. We need to turn it around ASAP.
Dragons have a solid pack already but yet still looking to boost it

Rabbit toes

First Grade
People under the illusion that if South's fans want someone then the club missed out.
Wake up.

callmack1

Staff member
Does anyone think we'll see Johnson in first grade in 2018? I think it could be a real possibility if injuries hit or the twins don't aim up, him and Rodwell have big wraps on them.

Rabbitoad

Juniors
A lot of what you say makes sense but with a back 3 of Sam, Angus & the young bloke ( sorry i have age moment ). I don't see buying a winger come centre is what we need. Teo or Teo like back rower would be nice.
Ben Te'o is under a long term contract and shown zero interest in returning to the NRL since making the England team.

It'd be nice, but I'd rate it a 0% chance of happening?

southsport

First Grade
If we are happy to wait another x2 years for the youngster to peak that’s fine.. but we are coming off the back x3 dissapointing years. We need to turn it around ASAP.
Dragons have a solid pack already but yet still looking to boost it

I did read somewhere that Souths could be signing Kaufusi but whether it's true or not I don't know, but until Souths stop re-signing underperforming front-rowers and unless Reyno's form turns around we will have a problem.

Veracity

Juniors
The mole is reporting that a Sydney club is circling one of the Eels young props, a kid named Sean Keppie, I suppose it could be one of a number of clubs but I wonder........
Big wraps apparently

NaiveNumbskull

Juniors
Does anyone think we'll see Johnson in first grade in 2018? I think it could be a real possibility if injuries hit or the twins don't aim up, him and Rodwell have big wraps on them.
Its always possible but I think the following makes it more unlikely.

Agewise he only just played SG Ball 2016 (dunno why he didnt play any u20s that year) and played his 1st year in u20s this season whilst not being selected for any Bears games.

Age is on his side. He's still eligible for Jersey Flegg 2018.

I think its more likely that if they'll promote him outta u20s then its only gonna be a full season at the Bears ISP.

Still has to be tested at that level yet and what I saw of him at u20s was promising it wasnt at the kinda level you see somebody totally dominate like Crichton, probably DWalker etc.

He's probably got the other depth signings ahead of him like Leuluai and Tatola.

Rabbitoad

Juniors
The mole is reporting that a Sydney club is circling one of the Eels young props, a kid named Sean Keppie, I suppose it could be one of a number of clubs but I wonder........
Big wraps apparently
Keppie's a good young player, but I believe he's under contract for 2018

Rabbitoad

Juniors
Front rowers don't hit their peak until their late 20s (at the earliest).

I would suggest anyone, fans and recruitment/retention who thought a pair of 23/24 year olds would be able to consistently lead an NRL forward pack were very misguided.

Our recruiters messed up by thinking guys like Jason Clark (lacking the size/power), Tim Grant and David Tyrrell (who both shit the bed) would provide us with enough experience up front.

Itsamansgame

Juniors
Front rowers don't hit their peak until their late 20s (at the earliest).

I would suggest anyone, fans and recruitment/retention who thought a pair of 23/24 year olds would be able to consistently lead an NRL forward pack were very misguided.

Our recruiters messed up by thinking guys like Jason Clark (lacking the size/power), Tim Grant and David Tyrrell (who both shit the bed) would provide us with enough experience up front.
Mate holding a ball is what your taught in the under 6's!

Latest posts