What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs rumours, signings, injuries etc

Rabbitoad

Juniors
Often hear the opinions of where he's best suited to. I honestly have no idea as to whats the answer but i lean more towards lock or prop rather than 2nd row.

As prop he can just provide the simple function of hitup and tackle in an intense period of play.

At lock he can cover a bit more in defence and tidy things up nicely but i dont see a benefit in attack.

Not a record-breaker in either role but he can plug the gaps if needed.

For me i picture a 2nd rower needing a bit more pizazz in attack like footwork or line angle running plus ballplaying skills (admittedly he has an ok offload in him). Plus in defence he may be more vulnerable against more mobile opposition players.

Another weakness of his is that he does have the ability to come up with some simple errors often at crucial times.
The advantage line is the acid test for front rowers.

It's good to have other skills, but if you can't make post contact metres and provide momentum/stop post contact metres up the middle to keep teams from rolling down the field, you aren't up to first grade football.

He could probably handle lock as at least he's not defending in the front line, but I think his best football is played as a second rower (although even then, he's a fringe/depth player)

Rabbits20

Immortal
Still sulking because I don't buy your bullshit huh Gossip Girl? :joy: Even resorting to conspiracy theories now
You think I give a toss as to what you think???? Seriously I don't........ I don't speak bullshit.......

I don't get much inside word but when I do I share it with the guys I want too who appreciate it and we have strong respect for one another.......

Toad wanting Clark in the back row is a recipe for disaster..........

It's like saying let's put a twin on an edge.......

You don't put players on an edge who don't have any pace.......

De tmTrajic

Juniors
The fans need to realise that the twins are still only mid twenties & have an amazing amount of experience & their best should still be to come, they’ve been bashed pillar to post for a few years now, people need to look around & realise how lucky we are & realise they are worth whatever they’re being payed & understand that there is an amazing about of upside now & that it’s pretty much 7 years of upside, be patient

If only they could hold the pill.

ThingFish

Juniors
I dont think a player can be purely based on stats or "perceived" stats.

I agree with a lot of what you said but i think an emphasis gets put on the following as they are more "obvious" particularly more simplified for forwards but more so props.

Attack: people seem to focus on do they "bend the line" or are agro or interpertated as an enforcer type stuff.

Defence: people seem to focus on bell-ringers or whether they smash the attacker into gut-rending pain.

I think these are important and are often some hallmarks of the top forwards (but then they may lack certain basics). However i think that there's a lot more simpler stuff involved. Im still trying to figure out what they all are but some examples are that they just seem to tidy things up with no fuss or a kinda "settler" and that doesnt stand out. It doesnt mean they can save the entire game or team but they can hopefully level out things so the more "talented" players can take things to the next level.

The train of thought of appreciating the "effort" but then focusing on the other talents that they are lesser at as a player comes up often. I have to wonder what it'd be like having a "Tyrrell" player in your team. They just seem to keep consistently doing their job.

That said a Tyrrell type player can only exist when they are at their peak. Once they start declining its different to the big stars.
Your opinion of DT is spot on. An underrated workhorse.
He is also a true gentleman. My niece’s love him because he always had a hello for them. They use to freak out because Him and Ben Lowe used to know their names. I now know there will now be 3 young kids who will now stick by the Bunnies while their friends are supporting whoever is the title holder, and they’ll build 3 strong families of Bunnies. I’ll always thank DT and Benny Lowe for that.

doyen

Bench
The twins are very good players but,IMO,they don't snuff the battle with delight like a Josh Maguire & the like!!
They're a bit "cream-puffy" & they take their eyes off the ball when being lined up by a genuine tough-nut!! Hence they drop the pill. In saying that I believe their best is yet to come, as props tend to get better with age & experience.
Seibold,as an ex-prop, may help!??

Rabbits20

Immortal
If you didn't "give a toss" you wouldn't still be sulking about me not believing you.

This desperation and pettiness on your part just makes you look even more insecure than you already did.
You're the one carrying on.....

Anyhow cheerio.....

Veracity

Juniors
Clark in the second row wow you are kidding yourself..... I've nearly fallen off the lounge:):) what a good laugh I'm getting........

Fair dinkum there is some tripe being spoken in this thread lately.......

All the Christmas beers have gotten to people' heads @southsport don't you reckon mate.....

The bloke is nowhere near fast enough to be able to play on the edge....... maybe say 6-7 years ago but times have changed now and the game is much quicker.......

Toad has a go at our opinions but his ideas well geez..................

You’re an idiot & have no idea about Rugby League

Rabbit toes

First Grade
Amazing how even when one weed is removed the one that remains continues to strangle the life out of this place with the usual ignorance.

Maybe now it shows that those who have been purged from the forum weren't the problem all along.

Rabbitoad

Juniors
Away from that, if we're looking at outside backs (because we have a lot off contract) there are two guys (outside Corey Oates) who I'd be looking at.

-Justin Olam
Bit of a sawn off shortass, bu is ridiculously quick and powerful. Stuck behind Slater, Vunivula, Chambers, Blair, Addo-Carr, Hughes etc and off contract next year.

Strong World Cup performances and very well rounded player.

-Javed Bowen
Big, tall, strong and fast. Stuck behind Coote, Feltd, O'Neill, Winterstein, Linnett and Gela-Mosby, the chance to compete for a first grade spot could be very appealing.

We'd ideally have a tall/good in the air winger to complement AJ and Bowen would definitely fit the mould

Matrix

Juniors
Away from that, if we're looking at outside backs (because we have a lot off contract) there are two guys (outside Corey Oates) who I'd be looking at.

-Justin Olam
Bit of a sawn off shortass, bu is ridiculously quick and powerful. Stuck behind Slater, Vunivula, Chambers, Blair, Addo-Carr, Hughes etc and off contract next year.

Strong World Cup performances and very well rounded player.

-Javed Bowen
Big, tall, strong and fast. Stuck behind Coote, Feltd, O'Neill, Winterstein, Linnett and Gela-Mosby, the chance to compete for a first grade spot could be very appealing.

We'd ideally have a tall/good in the air winger to complement AJ and Bowen would definitely fit the mould
I think Olam has gone to a super league club.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Behave, we’re trying to have an adult discussion, perhaps you should stay out of it
You're the one getting salty......

It's quite funny.....

When I said previously you were under a different name on here that set you off......

If it wasn't true it shouldn't have bothered you one iota.......

Anyhow I'm not continuing with guys who don't wanna talk footy......

I said Clark in the second row is madness and I stick by that....

Latest posts