What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs rumours, signings, injuries etc

Rabbits20

Immortal
RTS has had knee concerns as well. Don’t think we should go after either of these players especially if we have to pay overs.
RTS has been a dud the last 2 years - did you not see him in the Souths v Warriors game?
Most players who go there though get in a rut......

I really rate RTS...

Itsamansgame

Juniors
The rumour is that Richo didn’t believe the roosters were actually throwing the amount of cash at Crichton that was being reported. Thus we didn’t up our offer. We had the money available and I think everyone at Souths thought the money we offered him was good enough. Unfortunately the money we offered wasn’t good enough as he had to “do what was best for himself”.
If that rumour is correct that our head honchos had no idea what the Rorters were offering Anus well that'll do me,"man overboard"! FFS!!!!
IMO Anus and Richo deserve each other,but then again their egos wouldn't fit in the same room!!!

Itsamansgame

Juniors
And another thing,if the Cordner rumour is true,which I really can't see happening,do a swap with Anus now.
That would make my season a lot more enjoyable not having Anus in our guernsey!

Rabbits20

Immortal
If that rumour is correct that our head honchos had no idea what the Rorters were offering Anus well that'll do me,"man overboard"! FFS!!!!
IMO Anus and Richo deserve each other,but then again their egos wouldn't fit in the same room!!!
It wouldn't surprise me....... just look at what has happened after 2014.....

Amateurish.....

We only got Gagai through GI too.......

Now we've got jack shit apart from that pretty much......

We sacked a premiership winning coach for a rookie who couldn't teach our boys how to tackle last season........ if I was Angus I can see why going to Trent Robinson would be a good career move............

We've picked up other clubs rejects pretty much and we are pinning our hopes on them to be up to first grade standard and sorry brother but that doesn't fill me with much confidence.....

I'd snap up anyone like RTS in a heartbeat as we just aren't able to attract much at all these past few seasons........ if we are bottom 4 too this season we shall have to pay overs to bring a quality player over.......

I swear the twins will get abused something big if they can't learn to catch the f**king ball...... wouldn't it be great to go to work and not do your job and get paid 500-600k for doing f**k all???.......

Rabbits20

Immortal
And another thing,if the Cordner rumour is true,which I really can't see happening,do a swap with Anus now.
That would make my season a lot more enjoyable not having Anus in our guernsey!
We shan't be getting a Cordner......

It's as likely as there being no Queen at all anymore......

Itsamansgame

Juniors
Y
It wouldn't surprise me....... just look at what has happened after 2014.....

Amateurish.....

We only got Gagai through GI too.......

Now we've got jack shit apart from that pretty much......

We sacked a premiership winning coach for a rookie who couldn't teach our boys how to tackle last season........ if I was Angus I can see why going to Trent Robinson would be a good career move............

We've picked up other clubs rejects pretty much and we are pinning our hopes on them to be up to first grade standard and sorry brother but that doesn't fill me with much confidence.....

I'd snap up anyone like RTS in a heartbeat as we just aren't able to attract much at all these past few seasons........ if we are bottom 4 too this season we shall have to pay overs to bring a quality player over.......

I swear the twins will get abused something big if they can't learn to catch the f**king ball...... wouldn't it be great to go to work and not do your job and get paid 500-600k for doing f**k all???.......
You just got me reaching for my Richo dart board Rabbs!!!

Rabbits20

Immortal
Y

You just got me reaching for my Richo dart board Rabbs!!!
Hahahahaha plus a few drinks at times to get through the season.....

I swear if he hasn't even somewhat fixed the boys defence I'll be livid...

All this talk about set plays from Seibs well you can't play them if you can't fugging tackle....

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Hahahahaha plus a few drinks at times to get through the season.....

I swear if he hasn't even somewhat fixed the boys defence I'll be livid...

All this talk about set plays from Seibs well you can't play them if you can't fugging tackle....

The boys know how to tackle, defence is just an attitude. You can’t blame Seibold for the players not putting in the effort last year. The blame has to be put onto the head coach for effort. There were times last year when Madge was so desperate to motivate the boys that he was bringing in motivational speakers into training. I respect Madge a lot but that’s a massive sign of desperation to get his players motivated enough to turn the season around.

At the end of the day I think the right call was made. The way it was done sounds shocking and the whole board should be held accountable for that, but it had to be done. Seibold will probably reap the rewards of having a better roster in 2018 than the previous 2 years but I think he has the ability to make us a competitive side again. We should give him a real chance before we start evaluating him as a coach.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade

Im actually supportive of Richo’s decision to not pay overs for Angus. It’s concerning that they were so overconfident, but I stand by my statement about Angus not being worth 800k.

All the good would be undone though if they end up renewing the twins on a big money contract. Our salary cap management doesn’t seem as bad as it was a few years ago but it’s still seems pretty shit compared to some of the top teams.

Rabbits20

Immortal
The boys know how to tackle, defence is just an attitude. You can’t blame Seibold for the players not putting in the effort last year. The blame has to be put onto the head coach for effort. There were times last year when Madge was so desperate to motivate the boys that he was bringing in motivational speakers into training. I respect Madge a lot but that’s a massive sign of desperation to get his players motivated enough to turn the season around.

At the end of the day I think the right call was made. The way it was done sounds shocking and the whole board should be held accountable for that, but it had to be done. Seibold will probably reap the rewards of having a better roster in 2018 than the previous 2 years but I think he has the ability to make us a competitive side again. We should give him a real chance before we start evaluating him as a coach.
Seibs still had that job to do.....

If the boys show they can't tackle you just make them practice and focus on that more next week.......

The buck will stop with Seibs now anyway..... I'm far from convinced tbh... I hope he surprises me...

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Seibs still had that job to do.....

If the boys show they can't tackle you just make them practice and focus on that more next week.......

The buck will stop with Seibs now anyway..... I'm far from convinced tbh... I hope he surprises me...

As a defensive coach though there’s only so much you can do. Just consistently tackling at training isn’t going to prepare you for game like situations when you’re fatigued and under a bunch of pressure. You need to have complete trust in the players around you and you need to play for the players around you. It’s really a mindset thing more than something you can just drill at training. Drills can only help you to a certain extent.

Rabbits20

Immortal
As a defensive coach though there’s only so much you can do. Just consistently tackling at training isn’t going to prepare you for game like situations when you’re fatigued and under a bunch of pressure. You need to have complete trust in the players around you and you need to play for the players around you. It’s really a mindset thing more than something you can just drill at training. Drills can only help you to a certain extent.
Well there can be no excuses if we have below par defence this season....

De tmTrajic

Juniors
You're crazy mate. Anyone who half supports South's knows, nay expects them in the bottom 4.
Your belief and optimism doesn't fly here.
Get sour.
I totally disagree. More importantly the bookies have Souths at $1.72 to make the eight (better than most teams) & at much higher odds to be in the botto. 4.

CAFPOW

Juniors
toronto wolfpack released david taylor, fuifui moimoi and ryan bailey. maybe we should
help toronto by providing them 3 new forwards? do we have any spare forwards laying around?

Rabbitoad

Juniors
We sacked a premiership winning coach for a rookie who couldn't teach our boys how to tackle last season
:joy::joy::joy: So it's Seibold's fault our defence wasn't up to par, but not Madge's fault that our overall performance wasn't? :joy::joy::joy:

Quality logic there Fletch. No wonder you have to claim inside sources. If you had to rely on your knowledge for credibility you'd get laughed out of every conversation

Last edited: