What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs rumours, signings, injuries etc

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Doesn't surprise me in the slightest with those filthy bastards...

Oi STID LMAO

Good on Wyong for telling them to get f**ked. Looks like they’ll be staying until the end of the 2018 season though which makes sense. It would probably be impossible to walk out on them for this current season.

Last edited:

callmack1

Staff member
With Farah being shopped around, surely he won't be in our 17.

Anyone know if Hymel's still being shopped around?

What happened to him going to Wigan?

3 out of 4 parties were on board. Robbie knocked it on the head.

I know he’s said he doesn’t want to play in England but he also doesn’t want to spend the year playing for the Bears so Souths and his manager are exploring all options.

Fwiw I was speaking to one of the guys from the Bears and he said that he’ll be surprised if Farah ever pulls on the Red and Black. They’d love him there but they can’t see it happening and aren’t planning for him to be there despite the fact that it’s pretty obvious he won’t be in the Souths team for round 1.

Reckons some sort of deal will be struck in the next week or so to move him on. Definitely won’t be still at Souths by the mid year cut off, that’s for sure.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
3 out of 4 parties were on board. Robbie knocked it on the head.

I know he’s said he doesn’t want to play in England but he also doesn’t want to spend the year playing for the Bears so Souths and his manager are exploring all options.

Fwiw I was speaking to one of the guys from the Bears and he said that he’ll be surprised if Farah ever pulls on the Red and Black. They’d love him there but they can’t see it happening and aren’t planning for him to be there despite the fact that it’s pretty obvious he won’t be in the Souths team for round 1.

Reckons some sort of deal will be struck in the next week or so to move him on. Definitely won’t be still at Souths by the mid year cut off, that’s for sure.

Obviously Souths are going to have to pay a large part of the sum? I’d assume at least half? I wouldn’t even mind that tbh. Deserves a better finish to his career than playing at the bears.

Obviously Souths are going to have to pay a large part of the sum? I’d assume at least half? I wouldn’t even mind that tbh. Deserves a better finish to his career than playing at the bears.

Would definitely be paying some part of it. All the rumors doing the rounds, its clear that no one apart from Robbie, the club and his manager knows what he is earning but if you pick a reasonable sounding figure of say $450k, even if we pay $300k of that for him to play elsewhere that's $150k we can use to pick up some more depth out wide or front end towards someone like Cam Murray or Fuimaono's next contract.

As June gets closer and clubs finalise rosters, a spare $150k in the cap can go a long way. As always, some big name player will have a falling out with their current club and be shuffled on with their current club paying part of the freight.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Would definitely be paying some part of it. All the rumors doing the rounds, its clear that no one apart from Robbie, the club and his manager knows what he is earning but if you pick a reasonable sounding figure of say $450k, even if we pay $300k of that for him to play elsewhere that's $150k we can use to pick up some more depth out wide or front end towards someone like Cam Murray or Fuimaono's next contract.

As June gets closer and clubs finalise rosters, a spare $150k in the cap can go a long way. As always, some big name player will have a falling out with their current club and be shuffled on with their current club paying part of the freight.

Completely agree. I think it could be more harmful to everyone, to keep him and not play him. Maybe Joe Burgess falls out with Wigan and comes back early ;) I can dream.

Rabbits20

Immortal
More great news!

On another note what happens if Farah goes and Cook gets injured??

You'd reckon it'd be Fui or Murray covering hooker. Just like Elijah Taylor and Thaiday cover hooker for their clubs!

I do believe if needed at times Fui or Murray could do as solid a job at hooker as what Mcturtle does! I believe both of them are strong defensively and can make crisp passes but obviously would only make a couple of darts out of dummy half so that's where we'd miss Cook...

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
More great news!

On another note what happens if Farah goes and Cook gets injured??

You'd reckon it'd be Fui or Murray covering hooker. Just like Elijah Taylor and Thaiday cover hooker for their clubs!

I do believe if needed at times Fui or Murray could do as solid a job at hooker as what Mcturtle does! I believe both of them are strong defensively and can make crisp passes but obviously would only make a couple of darts out of dummy half so that's where we'd miss Cook...

Clark, Martin and Brittain are all options as well but is Cook injury prone? Don’t think he’s been injured once in his time with us?

Itsamansgame

Juniors
Cook will be a Fantasy & Super coach legend,wouldn't surprise me at all if he averages more than Smith this season and his rise in price will add a lot of dollars to your team!

Latest posts