What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs rumours, signings, injuries etc

DynamicRabbit1

Juniors
Mate I'm not denying his skill.

He's in his tenth season as a pro footballer and he's been either stood down or sacked 4 times and released from the Broncos under rumours of similar issues.

On top of that, I don't think he fits what we need as a fullback.

In his last 3 seasons of NRL, he was only averaging 70-odd metres run per game.

With our big, not always super mobile forward pack we need our back three to make big metres off kick returns/early tackles coming out of our own end.

One of our back three is AJ, who already struggles a bit in that regard. If we add another lightweight who struggles to make metres, it'll serious hurt us
Check out how explosive he is currently for St Helens he is on his game and focused

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
I've been watching him mate. Again, in his role he's world class on the field.

I just don't think he'd be a good fit for us on or off the field.

Each to their own though mate. I won't try to force you to agree with me. Just thought I'd add my two cents

I agree. Whilst barba is a world class player, I like what we are building at Souths. I don’t think he’ll fit in. I hope he returns to the NRL in some way though. Is an absolute treat to watch play.

callmack1

Staff member
Dylan Walker may be interested in coming back to Souths for 2019 and Manly would let him go with their salary cap drama'

For the right price I'd love him back.

Also @callmack1 it seems the Warriors are keeping an eye on Hiroti and may make a play for him.
Thanks for info.

Where'd you hear that man? It doesn't really surprise me but I really hope we can hold onto Hiroti.

DynamicRabbit1

Juniors
Dylan Walker may be interested in coming back to Souths for 2019 and Manly would let him go with their salary cap drama'

Also @callmack1 it seems the Warriors are keeping an eye on Hiroti and may make a play for him.
Walker is a Souths junior and talented but with our current backline/squad where would he fit in?
Not sure Hiroti would have any better chance over there if playing regular NRL

Souths Till I Die

First Grade

I love walker I really do but I don’t see GI returning to fullback anytime soon. Unless Gagai is okay with shifting to the wing I can’t see why we need him.

We need some second rowers more than anything. Sutton and Crichton are both leaving a fat hole in our edges.

Rabbits20

Immortal
I love walker I really do but I don’t see GI returning to fullback anytime soon. Unless Gagai is okay with shifting to the wing I can’t see why we need him.

We need some second rowers more than anything. Sutton and Crichton are both leaving a fat hole in our edges.
Well there doesn't seem to be much doing with second rowers.

I don't really want Sam moving there and I think STID you are seeing why it's best Sam is in the middle. He occasionally runs a bit wider which is great too.

Apart from Fui and Turner there isn't much to speak of.

We really need to get a key back rower to play alongside Turner or Fui in our back row.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Well there doesn't seem to be much doing with second rowers.

I don't really want Sam moving there and I think STID you are seeing why it's best Sam is in the middle. He occasionally runs a bit wider which is great too.

Apart from Fui and Turner there isn't much to speak of.

We really need to get a key back rower to play alongside Turner or Fui in our back row.

In that same article that you pulled up with Doueihi, Fox sports was mentioning that Ethan Lowe has an option to extend for 2019 at the cowboys. I wonder if we could persuade him to drop that and come to Souths. I always thought he was a very underrated player.

Rabbitoad

Juniors
Thanks for info.

Where'd you hear that man? It doesn't really surprise me but I really hope we can hold onto Hiroti.
Facebook rumours.

Once it came out that Walker got some illegal payments from Manly, the bullshit artists "just happened" to get "inside word" that he was heading back to Souths :joy:

People making shit up to get attention

callmack1

Staff member
Only from NRL whispers.

Just rumours at this point but thought I'd mention them.
Yea cheers mate, I love to hear any rumour, no matter where it comes from.

Souths are looking to lock down Doueihi for the next couple of seasons.
Great news indeed and let's hope we can get it done.

Gee that's interesting and what a merry-go-round that'd be. Has a player swap like that ever happened?

Look, I'd like to get rid of Farah as I've said for a long time now that he is surplus to requirements but if he does go and Cook gets injured, what happens then? That's my only issue with it.

Latest posts