What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs rumours, signings, injuries etc

Itsamansgame

Juniors
Gentlemen our signings for 2018 and first grade games played 2017,

Gagai = 22
Stockwell =10
Nicholls = 9
Britt = 1
Gagai = 1
Kennar = 0
Arthars = 0
Martin = 0

That's 43 games between 8 signings and Gagai played 22 of them.
I'll say it again depth in a team isn't judged on the QUANTITY of players you have in a club,it's judged upon the QUALITY of players you have in a club.
Excuse me for not getting excited!

Itsamansgame

Juniors

Gagai = 22
Stockwell =10
Nicholls = 9
Britt = 1
Gagai = 1
Kennar = 0
Arthars = 0
Martin = 0

I'll say it again depth in a team isn't judged on the QUANTITY of players you have in a club,it's judged upon the QUALITY of players you have in a club.
Gagan = 1 correction

Rabbitoad

Juniors
How many games had Walker or Issac Luke played when we signed them?

If we only signed guys who were playing the house down, we'd be over the cap after 2 or 3 signings.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Seibold hasn't stated a few things in an NRL.com article.

- Greg Inglis will play at fullback and he will also return to being captain. Return date is expected at charity shield. Aiming for half a game.

- Seibold will not be running 2 hookers each game. Thank god for that.

- Seibold is settled on his spine except for the hooker position. So that means GI, Arey and Walker will all start round 1. Cook and Farah to fight it out for a spot in the 17.

- Crichton has been made a very good offer but it's up to him whether he wants to sign it or not. Souths have done everything they can.

This guy gets it.

callmack1

Staff member
Seibold hasn't stated a few things in an NRL.com article.

- Greg Inglis will play at fullback and he will also return to being captain.

- Seibold will not be running 2 hookers each game. Thank god for that.

- Seibold is settled on his spine except for the hooker position. So that means GI, Arey and Walker will all start round 1. Cook and Farah to fight it out for a spot in the 17.

- Crichton has been made a very good offer but it's up to him whether he wants to sign it or not. Souths have done everything they can.

This guy gets it.
Wow, haven't read that yet but I will do soon.

Sounds very good! ONE hooker next year is absolutely wonderful news!! I hope it's Cook.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
How McGuire couldn't see all and settle on it is a mystery?

Yeah it was a question that a lot of fans were asking. My thought is that he was scared of the backlash of dropping Farah or maybe even dropping cook. Cook is a fan favourite so there would be a lot of angry fans however we all saw what happened at the tigers when Farah was dropped to NSW Cup. It's not an easy decision to make really. At least Seibold has decided to rip off the bandaid early rather than peel it.

Itsamansgame

Juniors
Looks like our squad is now finalised,all 35 players including signings have been updated in player profiles on club website.

Itsamansgame

Juniors
1:Inglis (c)
2:Johnston
3:Gagai
4:Taukamo
5:Graham
6:Walker
7:Doueihi
13:Murray
12:Fuimaono
11:Crichton
10:S.Burgess
9:D.Cook
8:T:Burgess

14:Sutton
15:Musgrove
16:G.Burgess..only just!
17:Johnstone

Based on watching a lot of our under 20's
this year,this is my starting 17,and for mine it's not negotiable!

AR is shot in my opinion!

Souths Till I Die

First Grade

Look I love your lineup but Douieihi is a running 5/8th not a halfback. So you would have 2 running 5/8ths on the field which in the modern game doesn't work. I would be all for giving a Tracey a go at halfback. Also Doueihi is starting at centre for Lebanon this week so there might be an opportunity there for him in the starting squad :blush:

Itsamansgame

Juniors
Look I love your lineup but Douieihi is a running 5/8th not a halfback. So you would have 2 running 5/8ths on the field which in the modern game doesn't work. I would be all for giving a Tracey a go at halfback. Also Doueihi is starting at centre for Lebanon this week so there might be an opportunity there for him in the starting squad :blush:
Ok you convinced me,it's negotiable!

Rabbits20

Immortal
Based on what?

He was signed on that money as a potential breakout star and didn't deliver. Why would his next deal be anywhere near the same price?

You're just suggesting the biggest possible number to make the signing sound worse.

Nicholls, an arguably better player to be used in a similar role is only being paid 100k. Why, in your brain would Stockwell be getting twice that?
I was going off what zero tackle said but it seems that is probably wrong.....

Nicholls isn't better than Stockwell......

Both are NSW Cup players though... unless they flick a magic switch asap....

Rabbits20

Immortal
Welcome to the forums Rabbitoad.

At the end of the day, these are just DEPTH signings and they probably won't be near first grade.

Chill out R20, I know you're being realistic and I agree with some of what you say but at least give these guys a chance. Can't just write off every signing mate. We have no idea what may happen.
I'm not writing off the Kennar signing...... I think he has potential as does Arthars....

Gagan is a bad signing and I hope he's at Norths.....

I do not rate either Stockwell or Nicholls.....

We must just be signing these kinds of players to play at Norths pretty much...

Rabbits20

Immortal

Gagai = 22
Stockwell =10
Nicholls = 9
Britt = 1
Gagai = 1
Kennar = 0
Arthars = 0
Martin = 0

Bravo bravo!!!!

I was a bit excited these past 2 years and then look at the disappointment....

I won't be fooled third time around....

I personally on second thoughts do not think Gagan will make our 30 man squad....

There are 9 better backs than him already...

Isaaxe

Juniors
Based on what?

He was signed on that money as a potential breakout star and didn't deliver. Why would his next deal be anywhere near the same price?

You're just suggesting the biggest possible number to make the signing sound worse.

Nicholls, an arguably better player to be used in a similar role is only being paid 100k. Why, in your brain would Stockwell be getting twice that?

I like the way that you talk sense. The signings are largely for depth and replace many players that did not aim up.

Martin seems to a really good signing as Souths will miss Phoenix Hunt big time. Josh Cook is a poor substitute for Phoenix and he may have had valid reasons why he had to leave SS - a great shame.

I feel that Seibold will start a fresh with a less structured approach that may rejuvenate GI and even Sutto,

Rsag85

Bench
Gagan and Stockwell haven’t signed with the signed.

2018 is going to be a long hard road but hopefully the club clears out of all the dead wood at the end of the year with all 3 Burgess brothers, Clark, Sutton and Farah all off contact at seasons end.

rabbitohs95

Bench

Interesting lineup. I like the unique choices.

Here's my personal one;

1. AJ
2. Jennings
3. GI
4. Hunt
5. Gagai
6. Walker
7. Reynolds
8. Tom
9. Cook
10. Musgrove
11. Sam
12. Crichton
13. Murray

14. Sutton
15. Fuimaono
16. George
17. Turner/Clark/Britt/Nicholls etc

Rabbit toes

First Grade
Yeah it was a question that a lot of fans were asking. My thought is that he was scared of the backlash of dropping Farah or maybe even dropping cook. Cook is a fan favourite so there would be a lot of angry fans however we all saw what happened at the tigers when Farah was dropped to NSW Cup. It's not an easy decision to make really. At least Seibold has decided to rip off the bandaid early rather than peel it.
I think Farah will get 1st run.

Latest posts