What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs rumours, signings, injuries etc

doyen

Bench
In recent years haven't we always had 26 Rounds in the home & away games??

I notice this year there are 25 rds!!????

Does anybody know why this is so??

Go Bunnies

Juniors
In recent years haven't we always had 26 Rounds in the home & away games??

I notice this year there are 25 rds!!????

Does anybody know why this is so??
I think it’s because each team only has 1 bye but there is also a stand alone SOO match on a Sunday this year so technically that is each teams 2nd bye

burgibigbash

Juniors
Kafusi would be a great buy. 25 years old in his prime hits like a sledgehammer and runs as hard as anyone. Hits a nice hole as well.

We should make him a long term deal too good to refuse.

callmack1

Staff member
Kaufusi would be great, some might say even better than keeping Crichton and I'd love to see it happen. However, if true, it won't be easy and we'll be really up against it to pull it off so I won't be suprised if it doesn't work out.

Is anyone able to copy and paste the article in here as I can't view it.

On another note, I do like how the club is starting to kick recruitment up a notch. We have no doubt fallen away at times in that area lately so it's great to see the club coming out and targeting great, established players. That's not to say we'll get them but it's a great sign.

Rabbitoad

Juniors
Kaufusi would be great, some might say even better than keeping Crichton and I'd love to see it happen. However, if true, it won't be easy and we'll be really up against it to pull it off so I won't be suprised if it doesn't work out.

Is anyone able to copy and paste the article in here as I can't view it.

On another note, I do like how the club is starting to kick recruitment up a notch. We have no doubt fallen away at times in that area lately so it's great to see the club coming out and targeting great, established players. That's not to say we'll get them but it's a great sign.
I don't know that we've fallen away as much as we just haven't had cap space.

We grossly overspent to retain certain players and made it impossible to rebuild effectively.

It is fantastic to see us able to chase some quality players though.

Kaufusi would be a perfect replacement for Anus.

If we get Tuivasa-Sheck we could shift Inglis to centre without losing the power on kick returns that G.I gives us, which is vital to giving us momentum early in the set, meaning our big forwards can hit the ball at pace instead of from a standing start (making it harder for teams to gang tackle the twins)

Souths Till I Die

First Grade

We grossly overspent to retain certain players and made it impossible to rebuild effectively.

If we get Tuivasa-Sheck we could shift Inglis to centre without losing the power on kick returns that G.I gives us, which is vital to giving us momentum early in the set, meaning our big forwards can hit the ball at pace instead of from a standing start (making it harder for teams to gang tackle the twins)

I definitely think they’ve improved recruitment in general though. Targeting the younger players is a much better strategy for long term success. We have definitely learned since 2014

Mixo Joe

Juniors

Toady I agree with you!!! From what I've seen if Connor Tracey stays fit I think he will be putting a lot of pressure on Adam - which is obviously a good thing. He is the fittest in the club. Speaking of fitness good old Madge is giving the refs 3 training sessions a day and they like him. He does the drills with them too - as would be expected knowing Madge!

Rabbits20

Immortal
I definitely think they’ve improved recruitment in general though. Targeting the younger players is a much better strategy for long term success. We have definitely learned since 2014
There has to be a mixture though and I think the club is realising that by trying to target some experienced first graders for 2019..

No doubt we have quite a bit of cash to spend but it needs to be used wisely...

ThingFish

Juniors
There has to be a mixture though and I think the club is realising that by trying to target some experienced first graders for 2019..

No doubt we have quite a bit of cash to spend but it needs to be used wisely...

Spot on. The flip side of recruitment is retention. If we where bad at recruitment over the last few seasons, we really sucked at retention. The wisdom needed is to get this balance right.