What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs rumours, signings, injuries etc

callmack1

Staff member
Rabbitohs re-sign Murray and Graham until the end of the 2021: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2...-murray-and-graham-until-the-end-of-the-2021/

F**k yes!!!!!! This is friggin amazing news! I am so stoked that these young guys, some of the brightest young guns I think the club has ever seen, have shown loyalty to our great club. They didn't look elsewhere for more money, they stayed loyal! Great sign!

So stoked with this news!

Pauly1

Juniors
What about Cookie?
He is looking at greener pastures is he?
Wouldn't pay 800k a season for him as he failed to deliver towards the end of the season for Souths.
Is he a "Flash in the pan" ? most probably.
Slow the play the ball down and he is just an average hooker.

uksouthsfan

Juniors
Talk is talk unless its confirmed i dont believe it

It was mentioned on a radio show last night by an agent who has a lot of players over here. Plus his wife and child are in the UK at the moment apparently looking at houses. I hope it’s just coincidence because we can’t afford to be loosing one of the twins. We look light up prop wise next year as it is.

handyman2190

Bench
It was mentioned on a radio show last night by an agent who has a lot of players over here. Plus his wife and child are in the UK at the moment apparently looking at houses. I hope it’s just coincidence because we can’t afford to be loosing one of the twins. We look light up prop wise next year as it is.
Something fishy going on, we are light on prop wise, maybe bennet is signing the uk forward who was in the news earlier in the week, it just so happens tavita pengai jun has not signed at chonkos ,this may be the biggest indication that the coach swop is on for next year.

Travitoh

First Grade
If George has already agreed terms with Leeds it is pointless debating who we would rather have as the discussion is beyond that.
Trent Merrin is a good footballer who has had a couple of tough years off the field if the rumours are true. In 2016 He'll arrive at a similar price if not less than what George would've gotten i believe and the change of scenery could do him a world of good. I wouldn't be upset if Merrin was Georges replacement.

Travitoh

First Grade
Something fishy going on, we are light on prop wise, maybe bennet is signing the uk forward who was in the news earlier in the week, it just so happens tavita pengai jun has not signed at chonkos ,this may be the biggest indication that the coach swop is on for next year.

8. Tom
10. Merrin* (should the rumour be true)
16. Nicholls
17. Tatola
Musgrove
Dillon
Johnstone
Rodwell

uksouthsfan

Juniors
8. Tom
10. Merrin* (should the rumour be true)
16. Nicholls
17. Tatola
Musgrove
Dillon
Johnstone
Rodwell

There’s not much depth there in my opinion. Tatola is still young and can improve but Nicholls doesn’t offer much, musgrove hasn’t played first grade for a while. I don’t know much about the others. We definitely need to strengthen in the front row.

ram raid

Bench
Thats the reason Souths should piss Seibold off now.
He will spend his time in 2019 recruiting for the Shoncos
Your a traitor Seibs "piss off"

And vice versa. The Bronks by keeping Wayne around will only be keeping the likelihood of an exodus of players going with him. Surely there's no way that this situation holds. Souths can't exactly piss Seibold off now though because they'll have to give him $700k and hire pay another coach for this year. So that's a million at least just to make an enemy out of Seibold.

And vice versa. The Bronks by keeping Wayne around will only be keeping the likelihood of an exodus of players going with him. Surely there's no way that this situation holds. Souths can't exactly piss Seibold off now though because they'll have to give him $700k and hire pay another coach for this year. So that's a million at least just to make an enemy out of Seibold.
Screw Seibold he is already a enemy

handyman2190

Bench
Disagree,sometimes you have to bite the bullet,and this is that time,unless he goes 2019 is lost.
But i believe something is afoot, id say we have a big signing coming,stay tuned it aint over til the fat lady sings

Dirty deeds

Juniors
Disagree,sometimes you have to bite the bullet,and this is that time,unless he goes 2019 is lost.
But i believe something is afoot, id say we have a big signing coming,stay tuned it aint over til the fat lady sings

IF the swap can’t occur for 2019 how about:

1. We pay Seibold to do the gardening as someone previously mentioned ( pay him to stay away from the team ala Trent Barrett at Manly).no breach of contract on our behalf

2. We bring in Bennett’s assistant as a caretaker coach for a year ?Demitriou

3. Bennett comes in 2020 with his systems already in place and continues to groom Demitriou for the top job when he retires

handyman2190

Bench
IF the swap can’t occur for 2019 how about:

1. We pay Seibold to do the gardening as someone previously mentioned ( pay him to stay away from the team ala Trent Barrett at Manly).no breach of contract on our behalf

2. We bring in Bennett’s assistant as a caretaker coach for a year ?Demitriou

3. Bennett comes in 2020 with his systems already in place and continues to groom Demitriou for the top job when he retires
I like it, and i have a feeling Demitriou would come with bennet and eventually take over,agreed

Travitoh

First Grade
There’s not much depth there in my opinion. Tatola is still young and can improve but Nicholls doesn’t offer much, musgrove hasn’t played first grade for a while. I don’t know much about the others. We definitely need to strengthen in the front row.

On name value i agree but in Johnstone and Rodwell we have a couple of highly rated kids and Dillon was good enough to feature in a strong Cronulla rotation at times this season.
We don't consider them 'stars' today but 12 months ago there were plenty who didn't consider Jennings first grade standard and the jury was still out on Cook. Even George was on his last legs in the eyes of the supporter base.

ram raid

Bench

I feel like unless Wayne comes this year the season is lost in the sense that you're talking about anyway. If it's Seibold or someone else it's gonna be a stopgap year regardless.

Latest posts