What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Raiders Final

bluefox68

Staff member
Anyone reckon Letuele will come in?
Probably on the bench.

Although, after Beale's non-performance for a long time, I would rather see Leutele at left centre and Capewell taking Paulo's spot on the bench.

Having Paulo injured is a blessing-in-disguise...

Inferno

Coach
He'd probably be a bit underdone, he hasn't played much footy over the past month or so.

Snoop Shark

First Grade
I haven't seen much mentioned in here about Barba's recent performances. In my opinion he has been way too quiet at the back. He has been doing his job but doesn't seem to be getting involved in our attack like he was during our winning streak. He creates points and Flanno needs to get a rocket up him regarding his involvement. I'm not saying he has been playing bad footy, just not enough touches with the ball in hand.

Generalzod

Immortal
92e7aa38-c89c-4fdd-a158-5a017c8d2f33.png

Week 1 Finals

Finals Ticketing Information

Week one of finals is here! The finals will truly represent the national nature of the game of Rugby League, with a game in Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne and Sydney! Don't miss your chance to be a part of history.

Below you will find 8 passwords. You will only need to enter 1 per transaction. You will be required to put in the password of the team you are supporting.

Finals Passwords:

• Storm: NRLSTORM
  • Raiders: NRLRAIDERS
  • Sharks: NRLSHARKS
  • Cowboys: NRLCOWBOYS
  • Broncos: NRLBRONCOS
  • Panthers: NRLPANTHERS
  • Bulldogs: NRLBULLDOGS
  • Titans: NRLTITANS

Snoop Shark

First Grade
The nrl must hate us!
Their plan must be to rev Canberra up so they beat us for sure!
The worst thing about this is that Rapana will go there now which means he gets more touches. We just have to bomb the crap out of him and hope he has a droppsy kind of day

millersnose

Post Whore
I haven't seen much mentioned in here about Barba's recent performances. In my opinion he has been way too quiet at the back. He has been doing his job but doesn't seem to be getting involved in our attack like he was during our winning streak. He creates points and Flanno needs to get a rocket up him regarding his involvement. I'm not saying he has been playing bad footy, just not enough touches with the ball in hand.
He has averaged about 10 runs a game and did 12 against the storm
The fact is the backline cannot perform unless the forwards can hold their own
Sack Beale, bird, loots, Chad, the coach
Sack em all
Won't make any difference if the forwards don't do their job

feeding frenzy

Juniors
He has averaged about 10 runs a game and did 12 against the storm
The fact is the backline cannot perform unless the forwards can hold their own
Sack Beale, bird, loots, Chad, the coach
Sack em all
Won't make any difference if the forwards don't do their job

Spot on , All well and good saying he should get more involved but the pigs havent been doing there job. Blessing in disguise with week with paulo out injured and capewell coming in.

Frenzy.

Immortal

Game didn't suit him at all to be fair.

1st the Storm herded the forwards like cattle into the middle corridor and there were very few gaps created where Barbs would sniff around. Like when he scored against them in Round 1. They were drilled well to prevent that. The rest of the game was us bring to throw it wide and executing poorly. We also went right 80% of the time where Barba gets involved in the sweep plays and extra man plays way more on the left side.

Another thing I have noticed about the Storm is the amount of 1 on 1 tackles side make against them. Good tactic as it tires the defence and saps the attacking energy more.

Their last 4 games they have created cause for 1on1 tackles in significant fashion

Sharks 22
Broncos 26
Raiders 22
Sea Eagles 20

That seems to be above average looking at all the other games in those rounds.

Inferno

Coach
What is the basis for Ennis getting off and Wighton not? Both shoulder charges were they not?

Very good question and one for some reason the MRC anticipated:

Match Review Committee Coordinator Michael Buettner said there was a clear difference in the tackle performed by Sharks hooker Michael Ennis who was not charged and the Wighton tackle.

"We look for three key indicators when determining whether a shoulder charge has been made," Mr Buettner said.

"They are:

1. The upper arm of the defender must be tucked in to his side at contact.

2. The defender is making no attempt to wrap in the tackle with both arms

3. There is forceful contact by the defender to any part of the body of the attacking player.

"If all three of these indicators are clearly identified in an incident then a player will be charged with a shoulder charge.

"In the case of Michael Ennis, it’s very clear that the left arm of Ennis is away from his body and not tucked into his side.

"So no charge was laid.

Inferno

Coach
No doubt Sticky will use this as motivation for the troops:

"everyone hates us, they don't want a non-sydney team to win, this makes us underdogs" Blah Blah Blah