What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Raiders: have they come good at the right time?

Have the raiders come good at the right time?

• Yes. Go the green machine!

Votes: 20 44.4%
  • No. Too early, ask again in two weeks.

Votes: 15 33.3%
  • No, they just got lucky.

Votes: 4 8.9%
  • Who cares. Canberra is sh!t.

Votes: 6 13.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lime_Green

Juniors
I think we could have made the penultimate week of the finals had we not completely run out of halfbacks.

As it is I wouldn't be surprised if we just scratch our way into the finals (finish 7th or 8th) and get booted in the first week.

Best case is if we make 5th or 6th by grinding out the next two matches against below par opposition, Herbert comes back for the first or second week of the finals...then we have some chance.

bulos01

Juniors
We're rubbish, have been all year, have been for 7 years, we just dont have the cattle, its a mircle we're not coming last let alone an outside chance for a top 4 spot. The only time we win is when the opposition dont show up, our wins... nigh our MASSIVE wins have NOTHING to do with our ability and skill, its all down to the fact our opposition just hasnt shown up or is SOMEHOW (god knows how!) worse then we are!

And Terry Campese is playing sh*t footy, needs to be dropped ASAP

;-)
u should be locked up. ppl like u make me sick. y bother supporting a team if ur gonna bitch about them when they are winning games. u say here u dont have the cattle, then ur next one u are saying the only reason u made the semis the past 8 times is because of the players not the coach.
former greats are saying terry campese should be playing 5-8 in the world cup, but he should be dropped because u say so. ull also be the first to sook if he leaves the club. give the kid some crdit

We've been main stays of the finals virtually since inception, and it will continue to be that way for a long time
we havnt won a finals game in several years, mostly due to inept coaching from Matt Elliott, not lack of talent. Matt Elliott will have you believe we made finals inspite of lacking talent, the actual truth is our talent got us in the 8 more times then not inspite of having Elliott coach us with dull, boring, one dimensional football

Mal Meninga

Bench
If we didn't come good now we'd be fighting for the spoon.

It hasn't been easy for most Raider fans during the past 10 years so i'm just pleased were winning :)

Billythekid

First Grade
I think we could have made the penultimate week of the finals had we not completely run out of halfbacks.

As it is I wouldn't be surprised if we just scratch our way into the finals (finish 7th or 8th) and get booted in the first week.

Best case is if we make 5th or 6th by grinding out the next two matches against below par opposition, Herbert comes back for the first or second week of the finals...then we have some chance.

I would of loved to see the raiders full strength this time of year. It's a shame really.

Leethal

Juniors
u should be locked up. ppl like u make me sick. y bother supporting a team if ur gonna bitch about them when they are winning games. u say here u dont have the cattle, then ur next one u are saying the only reason u made the semis the past 8 times is because of the players not the coach.
former greats are saying terry campese should be playing 5-8 in the world cup, but he should be dropped because u say so. ull also be the first to sook if he leaves the club. give the kid some crdit

Jesus mate, time to change the batteries in your sarcasm detector.

TITAN1

Juniors
Every year in the finals theres one team that everyone cheers for,the underdog that the crowds have a soft spot for and is their "second" team.
This year its the raiders.:cool:

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
hahah, that was awesome lol...

I think the best thing the Raiders did was to throw it around, how boring was our hit up game.. The thing that made the raiders so fun to watch in the 90s besides the roster was how the team would throw it around non stop.

azza

Juniors
They are playing great footy but are still a little suspect away from home and have been hammered by injuries this year. They won't go past the second week I'd say but if the coaching and management team up there have any idea what they are doing, they'll be one of the top teams in the comp within the next two to three seasons.

TITAN1

Juniors
Canberra seem to be playing without fear,being behind on the scoreboard doesnt worry them,they just throw the ball around even more.

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
if anything we are showing that you dont need a superstar team to win, you get a bunch of guys from the system over a certain amount of years...they know how and what each person will act or react to the play.

Our recruiting was never any good but most of the team would come through the ranks..

adamkungl

Immortal

You are absolutely right!

Latest posts