What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rank the Coaches

Knight Vision

First Grade
Green is impressive and I'm a fan of Cleary.

I think Bennett showed the coach he really is at Newcastle. Void of 3rd party deals the man is a hoax, a myth. If a coach can be judged on the state they leave a club in he gets an F- , the guys full of himself.

Bellamy I rate the same as Bennett, besides cheating every football player, coach, administrator and fan during the years of salary cap rorting he is lucky enough to be a coach of a blue chip club who's success is imperative to the NRL much the same as Brisbane. The most off field resources available (along with Brisbane) give a tremendous leg up along with their salary sombrero due to endless 3rd party deals. In addition the man introduced the dreaded wrestle to the game. Its of no surprise someone was permanently maimed playing the storm.

Life's Good

Coach
More a general comment on coaches but if Green was available I would want him at the Dragons.

Putting aside winning the comp he guided an injury ravaged team to the GF. Sure Morgan had 09 Hayne like form & Taumololo is a beast but he still needed to build confidence & belief that they were a chance.
Bellamy would be my next choice.

T-Boon

Coach
When you look at ladder position as against the "spine" the coach has to play with you could mount an argument that Arthur has achieved the most over the last 2 years.

kbw

Bench
1 Paul Green
2 Craig Bellamy
3. Trent Robinson
4 Ivan Cleary
5. Shane Flanagan
6. Brad Arthur
7 Nathan Brown
8. Wayne Bennett
9. Trent Barrett
10 Ricky Stuart
11. Anthony Griffin
12 Paul McGregor
13. Stephen Kearney

1 Garth Brennan
2 Dean Pay
3 Anthony Seibold

I rated the existing coaches separately and based my opinion on current form.
I just can't rate Bellamy as #1, he is effective but his style is crap and creates robots
Bennett is done and dusted

On the new coaches Garth Brennan and Dean Pay have runs on the board and I rate them quite highly.
Seibold may be a backstabbing snake so I don't rate him at all

OldPanther

Coach
1 Paul Green
2 Craig Bellamy
3. Trent Robinson
4 Ivan Cleary
5. Shane Flanagan
6. Brad Arthur
7 Nathan Brown
8. Wayne Bennett
9. Trent Barrett
10 Ricky Stuart
11. Anthony Griffin
12 Paul McGregor
13. Stephen Kearney

1 Garth Brennan
2 Dean Pay
3 Anthony Seibold

I rated the existing coaches separately and based my opinion on current form.
I just can't rate Bellamy as #1, he is effective but his style is crap and creates robots
Bennett is done and dusted

On the new coaches Garth Brennan and Dean Pay have runs on the board and I rate them quite highly.
Seibold may be a backstabbing snake so I don't rate him at all

It's not who is entertaining it's rate the coaches. Bellamy would have to be number 1 based on results.

The_Shield

Juniors
People must not have watched Melbourne play this year. They were easily the most entertaining side in the comp. They aren’t the “wrestle kings” anymore, several clubs are ahead of them in that department (Broncos, Eels, Sharks just to name a few)

kbw

Bench
It's not who is entertaining it's rate the coaches. Bellamy would have to be number 1 based on results.

Its not about whether he is entertaining or not, its about whether I like his methods and I don't.
They, like Bennett's, don't transition outside their own little bubble

OldPanther

Coach
People must not have watched Melbourne play this year. They were easily the most entertaining side in the comp. They aren’t the “wrestle kings” anymore, several clubs are ahead of them in that department (Broncos, Eels, Sharks just to name a few)

They definitely had their moments. Some of the set plays they put on were golden. They really went to another level in attack this year. My guess is losing to the Sharks really made them analyse their own game.

ed-grimley

Bench
More a general comment on coaches but if Green was available I would want him at the Dragons.

Putting aside winning the comp he guided an injury ravaged team to the GF. Sure Morgan had 09 Hayne like form & Taumololo is a beast but he still needed to build confidence & belief that they were a chance.
Bellamy would be my next choice.
Green is a bit of a 'good times' coach - he appears to lose it when things don't go to plan.

BennyV

Referee
Green is a bit of a 'good times' coach - he appears to lose it when things don't go to plan.
Yeah, like when they went into the 2017 season without their starting front row, then lost their chief playmaker/best player and completely fell in a heap.
He couldn't even win a grand final when things weren't going his way. Such a downhill skier...

T-Boon

Coach
They definitely had their moments. Some of the set plays they put on were golden.

They have always put on a few nice set plays each game.

In my opinion the most disappointing thing about the repulsive style of play of Melbourne over the last decade is that they have done it with arguable the greatest spine in the history of the game. The Melbourne team over the last decade should have been the pride of the code. They should have been like Barcelona FC, Brazil (from a couple decades ago) or the Harlem Globetrotters. Instead they have been like Chelsea or, I don't know, the English cricket team. That is, sports dirty little secret.

t-ba

Post Whore
I'm not sure how taking a JTless Cowboys to the Grand Final would make one a good times only coach...

Latest posts