What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ray Hadley slams NRL for promoting blood donation with origin ad campaign “out for blood”

insert.pause

First Grade
How embarrassing!

Ray Hadley refuses to read ‘nonsense’ NRL ad, tears up script live on air

Ray Hadley has taken aim at the NRL, ripping up their ad which says both State of Origin teams are “out for blood” this year.

The commercial reads:

“This Origin, both states aren’t just out to win…

They’re out for blood.”

Ray has slammed the commercial, saying if the NRL thinks he’d read that line on his program they’d better think again.

“I won’t be reading it and the copy should be changed immediately.

“Origin is about the bravest of the brave, not trying to take blood from each other.

“It’s a nonsense commercial… I don’t have the shredder with me but I do have the ability to rip it up and throw it away.

“Todd Greenberg, pull your head in. You should be across things like that.

“That’s just ridiculous.”

https://www.2gb.com/ray-hadley-refuses-to-read-nonsense-nrl-ad-tears-up-script-live-on-air/

NRL partnership with Australian Red Cross blood service

The NRL has launched a partnership with the Australian Red Cross Blood Service which aims to capitalise on the interstate rivalry State of Origin creates to increase blood donations.

The NRL's new State of Origin marketing campaign, 'Out For Blood', will encourage fans from NSW and Queensland to go head-to head to save lives.

Pledges to donate blood at Australian Red Cross Blood Service donation units will be measured from both states ahead of and during this year's Holden State of Origin Series.

Specially branded mobile units have also been created for the campaign and will travel to multiple locations across Sydney and Brisbane between now and State of Origin III, on Wednesday, July 11.

"We know how powerful State of Origin is so it is great to be able to use the contest for such an important cause," NRL Chief Commercial Officer Andrew Abdo said.

"One in three people will need blood over the course of their life, but currently only one in thirty people gives blood.

"Hopefully we can use Origin to change those statistics and save lives."

The marketing campaign, in conjunction with R/GA, uses former Origin representatives Nathan Hindmarsh and Gorden Tallis to encourage NSW and Queensland supporters to donate for their state.

The campaign was launched today by Wade Graham at the NSW mobile blood unit, at Jones Street Ultimo, and Darius Boyd and Petero Civoniceva at the Queensland mobile blood unit, at Princess Alexandra Hospital, Woolloongabba.

Supporters who donate will also receive special Blues and Maroons branded bandaging and merchandise when they donate.

Blood service spokesperson Belinda Smetioukh said the 'Out For Blood' campaign was an important and life-saving initiative.

"By donating blood, fans can show loyalty for their team and also save lives," Ms Smetioukh said.

Donations will be displayed via an online tracker at nrl.com/donateblood where supporters can also pledge to give blood.
https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/05/01/nrl-partnership-with-australian-red-cross-blood-service/

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
How could encouraging people to donate blood possibly be a bad thing?

Only a complete moron would be incapable of comprehending the fact that the campaign isn't literally calling for bloodshed on the field.

What's that? Oh? Ray Hadley? No surprises there...

The Great Dane

First Grade
Hadley's always been a hanger-on of the highest order, and a parasite out to draw as much out of the game without actually contributing in any tangible way as much as possible.

Generally I'm against 'journalists' (though Hadley isn't really a journalist) being barred or banned from anything, but I'm at the point where I'd have absolutely no problem with muckrakers of his and Rothfields ilk being simply uninvited from NRL media conferences and events cause they are just out their to pull shit like the above to draw clicks...

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
The date stamp on this article is April 4 but this campaign was only just launched. Does anyone at 2GB know how to do anything?

retch

Juniors
I've had 6 blood transfusions in my time and that most likely saved my life so instead of the fake outrage ask your listeners if they could donate blood.

And thank you so much to blood donors.

You might just need a transfusion one day champ.

ps ... Todd have some balls and pull his media accreditation.

no name

Coach
Good to see Raaaaaay has his finger on the pulse of what’s happening in the game.
f**kin dopey merkin.

gUt

Coach
Hadley is such an insufferable merkin that I just slashed both my wrists to show him who's boss. Who's laughing nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Lewis

Juniors
Someone should cut Ray....and make him bleed

for being a merkin

and for other things......

Generalzod

Immortal
What a greater reward to humanity than giving blood it's better than giving money to charity, I can't see what the problem is......