What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd 13 vs Knights the unofficial official game day thread

Bazal

Post Whore
Now I know you’re taking the piss, but can you explain why the entire team has regressed?

Only Gower seems to of have improved

Really? The entire team?

I know we've been poor but how can you say injured players have regressed because of the coach, or at all? How can you say Alvaro, Terepo, Gennings (for eg) have regressed?

At least be honest with your assessments

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Now I know you’re taking the piss, but can you explain why the entire team has regressed?

Only Gower seems to of have improved
You mean why is our team not doing as well as last year?

The coach has a significant role to play but there are a range of other factors including - front of house, injuries, refereeing, player commitment/attitudes which aren't all entirely BA's fault.

I am on record as saying that the buck should and will stop with BA eventually (possibly at the end of the season). That said, some of the bullshit that has been posted about BA in the last couple of months is laughable. I get that some fans are hurting but it seems like people are looking to blame BA for every single f**ken thing that has gone wrong.

That's plop. Ill informed, sloppy, unimaginative, chromosome missing plop.

IFR33K

Coach
Really? The entire team?

I know we've been poor but how can you say injured players have regressed because of the coach, or at all? How can you say Alvaro, Terepo, Gennings (for eg) have regressed?

At least be honest with your assessments

I never mentioned the injuried. It goes without saying they obviously can’t be judged.

IMO, alvaro, young and raw, was going to improve with time and experience.

Terepo, I’ve always rated, but like everyone, I’ve thought his hands and injuries have hampered him. His form was down, and his hands had failed him, but he’s been good the past few weeks.

Gennings I’ve never watched before so I can’t comment on previous seasons. This year he’s gotten better and proved he’s worthy of a jumper even if the entire team is fit.

Bazal

Post Whore
I never mentioned the injuried. It goes without saying they obviously can’t be judged.

Terepo, I’ve always rated, but like everyone, I’ve thought his hands and injuries have hampered him. His form was down, and his hands had failed him, but he’s been good the past few weeks.

Gennings I’ve never watched before so I can’t comment on previous seasons. This year he’s gotten better and proved he’s worthy of a jumper even if the entire team is fit.

You said "the entire team". Either it means the whole team or it doesn't and is thus hyperbole.

I'm glad you agree, then, that the entire team has not in fact regressed.

hybrideel

Bench

So you are saying whoever has improved is in spite of BA but everyone who has regressed is because of BA.

IFR33K

Coach
You said "the entire team". Either it means the whole team or it doesn't and is thus hyperbole.

I'm glad you agree, then, that the entire team has not in fact regressed.

What, one or two may have improved? You guys are deadset in denial. Either that or it tickles you pink arguing.

Bazal

Post Whore
What, one or two may have improved? You guys are deadset in denial. Either that or it tickles you pink arguing.

You're missing the point. You attempted to suggest that the "entire team" had regressed, with the inference being that coaching was the issue.

The "entire team" has not regressed. You said yourself, injured players can't really be judged. That takes care of guys like Gutherson, French to a large extent, Taka, Brown, Pritchard (who had actually improved pre-injury).

Evans is new and has been injured/recovering since the world cup. T-Rex and Hayne are new, but injured, so cannot really be judged either.

I would argue Mannah (pre-injury), Alvaro, Gennings, Gower, Pritchard (pre-injury), Ma'u, Terepo have improved on last year and I think it would be tough to claim otherwise.

Thus, the "entire team" has not regressed. There is no doubt some players have, but attempting to suggest that the coach is responsible for such a situation is simply false because that situation doesn't exist.

IFR33K

Coach
You're missing the point. You attempted to suggest that the "entire team" had regressed, with the inference being that coaching was the issue.

The "entire team" has not regressed. You said yourself, injured players can't really be judged. That takes care of guys like Gutherson, French to a large extent, Taka, Brown, Pritchard (who had actually improved pre-injury).

Evans is new and has been injured/recovering since the world cup. T-Rex and Hayne are new, but injured, so cannot really be judged either.

I would argue Mannah (pre-injury), Alvaro, Gennings, Gower, Pritchard (pre-injury), Ma'u, Terepo have improved on last year and I think it would be tough to claim otherwise.

Thus, the "entire team" has not regressed. There is no doubt some players have, but attempting to suggest that the coach is responsible for such a situation is simply false because that situation doesn't exist.

Go to sleep