What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd 3 2024: Parra v Manly GAME DAY thread @ Commbank Stadium March 24th

Tooooks

Bench
14-0 after 11 minutes and I was getting flashbacks to some bad times. But they hung in there, tipped the possession balance back and came back strong.

Really good effort. Simonsson back next week? I’d give Talagi another crack at centre. Mixed bag with a few bad reads and missed tackles, plus the dropped ball off his own line but overall I thought his runs were pretty strong, has nice footwork and showed strength in getting over turbo to score his try (also, nice forced dropout).

TheCrowe

Juniors
Cartwright was holding his shoulder or maybe a rib injury. Was looking pretty uncomfortable out there.
Carty the enforcer!

Lemon Squash

First Grade
We played tough but a few things I didn't like.

Hopgoods silly penalty first defensive set.
Going for 2 when up by 8 and had heaps of ball.
Brown giving Lane a tough pass in red zone on 3rd which he dropped.
Gutherson doing a short drop out when up by 10.

Fix some of these little things and we win by 13+
I don’t think it was a bad pass tbh, the play was on he was half through a gap and if we score that would have almost buried the game.

Lane took his eyes off the ball and just dropped it cold. 2022 he catches that goes through and either scores or sets someone up.

His form is concerning

Eelogical

Referee
We played tough but a few things I didn't like.

Hopgoods silly penalty first defensive set.
Brown giving Lane a tough pass in red zone on 3rd which he dropped.
Gutherson doing a short drop out when up by 10.

Fix some of these little things and we win by 13+
You're asking footy players to use their brain. That would exceed the salary cap.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Great win, great effort!!

Amazing how some spam the threads when we are losing but go missing when we win….

Enjoy the win! Bring on the tigers!!

Off to have a red and dinner with the family !!
Like who??? You are the one who went MIA last year most of us post every single week. I post in the NRL forum because it's so much more fun and you don't have to fellate the coach and club every second post.

Avenger

Immortal
I don’t know what game you guys were watching but Lussick was excellent and is a better hooker than Hands. I also thought that Harper improved greatly in the second half and did his job.

Blaize will be a good player for us but is still a little raw. I can’t see him
making the side next week.

Our offloads killed them and they ran a bit out of gas. Great game.

Paulo, Matterson and Moretti changed the game for us. They were huge when they came on.

Bandwagon

Staff member

I like that call, it was a gimme 2 points

Tries aren't worth 6, they're worth 4 plus a kick for 2. An eight point lead means the opposition have to score twice, but don't need to kick both, if they get a converted try, a penalty goal comes into the equation, so you've gotta be more careful defending your line.

10 point lead takes the penalty goal out of it ( until they score twice ) It means as a team you can make merkins of yourselves defending your line because the opposition is gonna take the tap, and if you defend your middle ( as we were ) they score on the edge, meaning a harder kick from the sideline.

Worst case they score two and it's a pressure kick to win the game.

I don’t know what game you guys were watching but Lussick was excellent and is a better hooker than Hands. I also thought that Harper improved greatly in the second half and did his job.

Paulo, Matterson and Moretti changed the game for us. They were huge when they came on.
Yup. Our bench won the game.

Eelogical

Referee
14-0 after 11 minutes and I was getting flashbacks to some bad times. But they hung in there, tipped the possession balance back and came back strong.

Really good effort. Simonsson back next week? I’d give Talagi another crack at centre. Mixed bag with a few bad reads and missed tackles, plus the dropped ball off his own line but overall I thought his runs were pretty strong, has nice footwork and showed strength in getting over turbo to score his try (also, nice forced dropout).
Talagi had a decent first game but if Simmo is available next week then he needs to go back to Reggies and muse.

Yeh, Lussick is a very solid NRL hooker. And Blaize will be best if he's brought up slowly. He's as likely to learn bad habits as good if he is unnecessarily rushed.