What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd 3 2024: Parra v Manly GAME DAY thread @ Commbank Stadium March 24th

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I think Blaize should go back to cup but play in the centres.

Get practice in a position we may need him further this year.

He is too raw and happy to slowly bring him here and there gradually this year.

If he gets 5 or 6 FG grades this year it would be great for his development.
I expect Sivo to come straight back into the team but I hesitate to even guess who will play left centre next week. It’s very exciting.

Last edited:

King-Gutho94

Coach
What's the go with the goal kicking.

Moses has taken 1 shot both weeks but the rest is with Gutho.

Is it just picking and choosing atm.

Seems bizarre moses would take 1 shot at goal but leave the rest with Gutho.

Either he can't goal kick or he can. Unless its just managing the niggle he has in the groin.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Yeaterdays win has been grossly underrated, I think. I reckon for Parramatta to be playing with basically no left centre, no left winger, and no established defensive combination on that left edge, speaks volumes for our spirit and tenacity. It also speaks volumes for our current coaching staff. Our forwards and halves were outstanding, and the controlled offloading among the forwards was the perfect tactic in a game where we had only half a backline. When we get Sivo and Simmo back (and drop Harper) we will be such a good side. Based on yesterday's performance, we could go all the way this year. It was a stunning performance.
Sportsbet have brought us in from $23 at the start of the year to $18 currently to win the comp.

I threw $50 on before round 1 at $23 out of my love and heart.

Long way to go but the signs are promising.

Ill see where were at after Round 8 when our 1st bye comes around.

If we keep up our current form we should be 5 or 6 wins up by the time the Bye comes around. Which is a great launching pad where we should be aiming for Top 2 not just top 4.

You basically got one foot in the door for the prelim final being Top 2.

Its why every week is vital winning the games we should like this week against the Tigers and the 50/50s like yesterday especially at home.

DaveMc

Juniors
Yeaterdays win has been grossly underrated, I think. I reckon for Parramatta to be playing with basically no left centre, no left winger, and no established defensive combination on that left edge, speaks volumes for our spirit and tenacity. It also speaks volumes for our current coaching staff. Our forwards and halves were outstanding, and the controlled offloading among the forwards was the perfect tactic in a game where we had only half a backline. When we get Sivo and Simmo back (and drop Harper) we will be such a good side. Based on yesterday's performance, we could go all the way this year. It was a stunning performance.
I agree with this. At 14-0, we usually would’ve folded and ended up conceding 40-50. Pretty sure that was our biggest comeback since that Broncos game at ANZ in 2017 where we conceded a couple of early tries but ended up winning it.

I think the temperament of the team looks to be improving. They didn’t play panicked football, didn’t go looking for the trick play to score off every set, but instead got into the grind and took the opportunities when they arose.

There’s obviously still a lot of improvement to be had, and the makeshift edge was lucky to hold, but I think it was a positive performance.

Avenger

Immortal
Shaun Lane was garbage yesterday and made 9 extra metres in 80 min of football than Joe O and missed 5 tackles with one ineffective.

Ofahengaue meanwhile played only 40 min and had a 100% tackle efficiency yet people want to put shit on him despite playing for unders with a subsidised contract from the Tigers.

Get real people.

Cloeel

Juniors
Shaun Lane was garbage yesterday and made 9 extra metres in 80 min of football than Joe O and missed 5 tackles with one ineffective.

Ofahengaue meanwhile played only 40 min and had a 100% tackle efficiency yet people want to put shit on him despite playing for unders with a subsidised contract from the Tigers.

Get real people.

Joe has a good energy as well. Always revving the team up. Tackles hard.

Gronk

Staff member

Get real people.
I did see people in this thread say that Emu should take his place in the 17. With all due respect to Emu, he's a pillow compared to Joe.

yy_cheng

Coach
Now lets hope we can be consistent and no w l w l wl....

Noise

Coach

Get real people.
Yep Lane was garbage. Lazy merkin.

hindy111

Post Whore

My concern would be defense. Even when we had large amounts of the ball they found holes and ripped us up. And not just outside but also in the middle.
We played great don't get me wrong but I wouldn't backcus to beat them at Brookvale.
They still managed 6 linebreaks to our 4.And ours where close to the line jobs. The way sides shred our edges is a huge concern.
The Dogs did it twice for two tries and bar a poor option the the halfback it would of been 3 times . And it isn't like they had much ball or chances.
Defense wins matches. Need to sort it cause at the moment once a side gets inside our 20 we look f**ked

hindy111

Post Whore

Get real people.

Joe O was a waste of money. We needed backs. Lanes started the year very bad

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I did see people in this thread say that Emu should take his place in the 17. With all due respect to Emu, he's a pillow compared to Joe.
Greig carries the ball better but we already have so many forwards who run the ball well. Greig would be best used in Paulo’s role (15 runs, 11 tackles in 31 minutes) if the latter is unavailable.

hindy111

Post Whore
Greig carries the ball better but we already have so many forwards who run the ball well. Greig would be best used in Paulo’s role (15 runs, 11 tackles in 31 minutes) if the latter is unavailable.

It's about $$$ Joe O would have to be costing 400k. Tigers are not letting him go if they are chipping in a heap. It isn't like he was a trouble maker and we've needed a back for years. That was priority not a prop.

hindy111

Post Whore
I just spoke to Dad. His words run down was
Blaze is going to be better then Penisini. He'll be there best back. The way he flattened Turbo was a sign.
I don't get why sides find overlaps so easily. Has to be a coaching issue.
Morgan Harper is useless. Slow and weak. Surely they could of signed someone better.

Good game. But unless fix defense won't trouble the top sides