What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd14: Eels v Bulldogs GAME DAY THREAD @ Accor Stadium 13/6/22

Gazzamatta

Coach
I dont trust our team. I havent since 2014 when we only had to beat one of two poorly performed teams in the last two rounds to make the finals. Talk is cheap and Ive heard way too many promises broken. Actions speak louder than words. Funnily enough the words never change and neither do the actions. Change is needed to break this cycle. It may be the only way to renew faith in our team. Hope is better than despair. I love my team and always want them to win but my care factor now days is pretty low when the inevitable thrashing occurs.
For mine it shows how important Commbank is because I know that rubbish performances are just a week away. Honestly Commbank is what gets me to go to games. No Commbank Id probably just watch from home and become an armchair and stats expert.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Also corporately irresponsible to keep the coach after such mediocre performances, regardless of the payout. The shareholders (in this case the majority of fans) expect more than he is able to deliver. Therefore using your analogy of corporate governance/responsibility and with their backgrounds as you suggest from finance etc, they would be very used to making significant payouts to get rid of an under-performing leader.
No idea. Businesses are in business to make money, not sell the best product at any cost.

Angry_eel

First Grade
I dont trust our team. I havent since 2014 when we only had to beat one of two poorly performed teams in the last two rounds to make the finals. Talk is cheap and Ive heard way too many promises broken. Actions speak louder than words. Funnily enough the words never change and neither do the actions. Change is needed to break this cycle. It may be the only way to renew faith in our team. Hope is better than despair. I love my team and always want them to win but my care factor now days is pretty low when the inevitable thrashing occurs.
For mine it shows how important Commbank is because I know that rubbish performances are just a week away. Honestly Commbank is what gets me to go to games. No Commbank Id probably just watch from home and become an armchair and stats expert.
I guess all sane Parra fans have some type of attitude like this. I enjoy the games for what they provide me nowadays: Entertainment in the winter.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
So should clubs sack the coach after every loss or just every season they don’t win the comp? Because if they don’t they are doing the same thing and expecting a different result.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Depends what you class as failure. Is it a failure not to win the comp every year? Every five years? Once a decade?

Eel2reel

Juniors
No but How about after 9 years of failure ?
Its really not very hard is it?
9 years to get the defence watertight, change the predictable attack structures and most importantly motivate the team to perform week in week out.
Definitely not as difficult as some posters on this forum attempt to make the simplest things.
Our coach has no more tricks nada, he's at his ceiling.

Depends what you class as failure. Is it a failure not to win the comp every year? Every five years? Once a decade?
Question was after 9 years of failure. But you can’t answer it, you pose more questions to deflect. Typical coward poupou. King of the deflection. Don’t bother replying, we know where you are heading into meaningless confusing comments where you don’t make sense.

emjaycee

Coach
Also corporately irresponsible to keep the coach after such mediocre performances, regardless of the payout. The shareholders (in this case the majority of fans) expect more than he is able to deliver. Therefore using your analogy of corporate governance/responsibility and with their backgrounds as you suggest from finance etc, they would be very used to making significant payouts to get rid of an under-performing leader.
Don't confuse shareholders with stakeholders. The only shareholder of the Parramatta Eels is the Parramatta Leagues Club and under the current Parra Eels Board and management, the Leagues Club has stopped having to hand over few million $ every year.