What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd16 2023: Non Parra games

Incorrect

Coach
Put JAC, Kikau, Thompson, Burton and Crighton (next year) in this Dogs team and they'll prolly be a vastly different proposition. But yes, if they are where they are now this time next year, the blowtorch will be at the ready to apply to Ciraldo....

Pazza

First Grade
Put JAC, Kikau, Thompson, Burton and Crighton (next year) in this Dogs team and they'll prolly be a vastly different proposition. But yes, if they are where they are now this time next year, the blowtorch will be at the ready to apply to Ciraldo....

they will be better but still no talent at HB, untested FB, pack still lacks grunt

Pazza

First Grade
Main concern is there Defence.

It's the worst in the comp and Ciradlo was the supposed genius behind the Penrith's defence.

true but theyre spine lacks talent. Maybe they can move that karl oloapu to 13, that would help.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Turning around a losing culture is hard also.

No matter how many players you buy you still have sections of the side that have been apart of the losing sides.

The dogs have been losers for a while they won 6 games across 2 seasons between 20/21.

Gazzamatta

Coach
No especially the way he went about signing with the dogs was disappointing to say the least.

Hands can do a job on half the price.

I still remember Joey Lussick in 2021 when we beat a full strength Storm side on a 19 game winning streak was just as good with his service and D then Mahoney was.

If Lussick wasn't injured we probably beat Penrith in that Final in Mackay.
Yeah we played him in that last round nothing game when everyone else was rested cause we knew we had Ray Stone to come in if Lussick got injured. Oh thats right. It was a training injury. Silly Gazza!

Pazza

First Grade
Centre. 2nd roe at most.
It’s been decades since lock was basically a slightly bigger 5/8th.

are you watching the contemporary game?

Yeo, Radley, Murray, Hopgood, Bateman.... its not a hard and fast rule but there are plenty off ball playing locks out there. I even think Schuster should play there.

JokerEel

Coach
2 5/8s, a centre wanting to be a FB and the ultimate rocks and diamonds player

Don't disagree with you at all.

Gould signed them as halves fullback and front row on big coin.
Apparently chasing Hunt somehow which I doubt as he wants to go to a good team

Gazzamatta

Coach
Today would not have helped. Tonights news said Hunts request has been rejected by St Merge and they will work through his issues with him.

Soto

Bench

Yeo, Radley, Murray, Hopgood, Bateman.... its not a hard and fast rule but there are plenty off ball playing locks out there. I even think Schuster should play there.
Parra ran plenty of traffic at him last night. He was gassed before halftime. I really liked the fact we made him do work in defence and then he became tired and sloppy in attack. Thought this was astute coaching by our brains trust. Here I will applaud BA and his team

84 Baby

Referee

Yeo, Radley, Murray, Hopgood, Bateman.... it’s not a hard and fast rule but there are plenty off ball playing locks out there. I even think Schuster should play there.
Firstly would you say any of those players are anything like Oloapu?
Secondly the ball playing part of lock is as a link man, but their main role is as a ruck runner that is better suited to the type of runner like Yeo, Murray, Hopgood.
Oloapu is more an edge runner where size and speed will exploit larger gaps.
But he’s also like 12 years old so there’s every chance he hasn’t shown his 5/8thing ability

Pazza

First Grade
Firstly would you say any of those players are anything like Oloapu?
Secondly the ball playing part of lock is as a link man, but their main role is as a ruck runner that is better suited to the type of runner like Yeo, Murray, Hopgood.
Oloapu is more an edge runner where size and speed will exploit larger gaps.
But he’s also like 12 years old so there’s every chance he hasn’t shown his 5/8thing ability

i have to admit i havent watched a ton of bulldogs games. the only reason i say he should move positions is burton isnt a halfback.

Latest posts