What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd16 2023: Non Parra games

84 Baby

Referee
i have to admit i havent watched a ton of bulldogs games. the only reason i say he should move positions is burton isnt a halfback.
That I agree with. Reckon going to Dogs was exceptionally dumb choice by him. His inabilities are being exposed and unless they can miracle an actual halfback, it’ll probably cost him next contract

84 Baby

Referee
He is a big body but doesn't run it like a lock.

Some commentators have said his future is in the 13.
I don’t see it. On top of style, there’s a work rate required around the ruck. Not that Oloapu is lazy or anything but it’s a mindset that some players have and others don’t.

84 Baby

Referee
Parra ran plenty of traffic at him last night. He was gassed before halftime. I really liked the fact we made him do work in defence and then he became tired and sloppy in attack. Thought this was astute coaching by our brains trust. Here I will applaud BA and his team
Oloapu and Olakauatu are different players, Erin.

JokerEel

Coach
I don’t see it. On top of style, there’s a work rate required around the ruck. Not that Oloapu is lazy or anything but it’s a mindset that some players have and others don’t.

Yeah I don't think he has the work rate at the moment who knows what his future holds.. hopefully lots of wooden spoons at the dogs

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Dogs looking heaps closer to a premiership than us
Yep, they might win a premiership before we do, but until they can finish a season ahead of us on the ladder they sure as shit aren't any closer than we are. Fighting for the spoon every year means they are further away, not closer.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Apparently they don’t matter if it’s a middle defender hahaha
Mitch Kenny has missed plenty and his team has conceded fewest points this year. Last year Penrith also had the best defence with Koroisau missing heaps of tackles. It didn't stop Koroisau picking up a big money deal.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
are you watching the contemporary game?

Yeo, Radley, Murray, Hopgood, Bateman.... its not a hard and fast rule but there are plenty off ball playing locks out there. I even think Schuster should play there.
All those guys have a high work rate, and most of them aren't very dynamic runners. Schuster would make a good lock if his work rate was any good. Even at edge forward he struggled to defend for 80 minutes.

Noise

Coach
Mitch Kenny has missed plenty and his team has conceded fewest points this year. Last year Penrith also had the best defence with Koroisau missing heaps of tackles. It didn't stop Koroisau picking up a big money deal.
Yep, the Tigers who were 16th last year have moved to 17th this year.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
What's the proper link?

And why does LU put "no spam" in URL's to other sites?? f**king annoying.

they are websites that are considered spam, or unreliable clickbait, so we do not host their articles

Latest posts