What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd20: Parra v Penrith GAME DAY THREAD @ Commbank 29/7/22

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
When was the last time we beat them?
I actually think this sort of thing is fairly meaningless. We were complacent last time we played them. Just one of those games where we didn't control the ball and build any pressure. Meanwhile Souths were f**kEN PUMPED!

eelandia

Juniors
Footy players aren't real smart. There's not much the coach can say other than "Stay disciplined and don't turn it into touch footy". How that impacts the players' decision making on the field is up to them. You give the coach too much credit (and criticism). On the field it's the players who make the decisions. They're not robots blindly following their programming.
Really? Do you know any actual footy players? Your commentary is not in touch with reality.

King-Gutho94

Coach
There wasn't much we could do in 2nd half.

We didn't get a penalty and just got one 6 again all half.

Penrith played defensive conceding the match just played completions and made us work it out of our own end.

Penrith are still a strong defensive outfit and a champion team it was a pipe dream putting 50 on them.

Take the 34-10 win and Nathan Cleary copping it from a pumped up parra crowd after being sent off.

Gronk

Staff member
There wasn't much we could do in 2nd half.

We didn't get a penalty and just got one 6 again all half.

Penrith played defensive conceding the match just played completions and made us work it out of our own end.

Penrith are still a strong defensive outfit and a champion team it was a pipe dream putting 50 on them.

Take the 34-10 win and Nathan Cleary copping it from a pumped up parra crowd after being sent off.
At the ground it was very frustrating how we could not find the extra man. You’d think that creating a 3 on 2 would be easy after one got red carded.

eels_fan

First Grade
I think Penrith came out in the second half and showed why they are premiers, favourites and the best defensive team by far.

we missed a couple opportunities and it would have been nice to get a few more tries, but I’m not taking anything away from that win.

I think we’d have a win by 2-3 tries regardless of Cleary being sent, we had their measure.

a win next week should guarantee us a finals berth. If Souths can get cronulla tomorrow it’s a 4 way tie for 4th - it’s not out of the question if we can get our acts together

Soto

Bench
At the ground it was very frustrating how we could not find the extra man. You’d think that creating a 3 on 2 would be easy after one got red carded.
Good post @Gronk. Completely agree. Even worse they created the overlap on us a few times.
We needed to be more ruthless.
Anyway I'm happy we got the win
We need to win 4/5 to make the top 4
Remaining games
Manly away
Soufs home
Dogs home
Bronx away
Storm home
Can we do it. Yes we can.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Yeah I agree it was very frustrating.

Similar to roosters game scored 26 points in 1st half and went scoreless in 2nd going back to the one out stuff.

You take the 24 point win over Penrith though they are to good to roll over and let 50 points in. They just played basic footy and protected the scoreline in 2nd half.

Similar to roosters game scored 26 points in 1st half and went scoreless in 2nd going back to the one out stuff.

You take the 24 point win over Penrith though they are to good to roll over and let 50 points in. They just played basic footy and protected the scoreline in 2nd half.
Half time speech calmed them down.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

Which is what we did.

JokerEel

Coach
But winning the Comp by 8 points and are defending champ.🤷‍♂️

Panthers better watch out especially if Clearly is out for the rest of the season.

6 points at the end of this round lead.
Next week away to Canberra lose that and it's 4.
Then it's the Storm Bunnies lose them and it will be tight if the Cowboys get a few wins.

King-Gutho94

Coach
More likely corporates and sponsorship tickets. And then the flu/covid situation probably kept some people home who had bought tickets
Yeah forgot about the covid.

Corporate was pretty full but did have a lot of pennies fans in there though. A few of them covered there jerseys in the 2nd half though with a standard jacket which I found funny.

Latest posts