What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd5 2024: 615pm Eels v Raiders GAME DAY THREAD @ GIO Stadium April 7th

King-Gutho94

Coach
Over It Abandon Thread GIF
Seeing as BA wears glasses now you might edit your profile pic with some specs on it.

Bandwagon

Staff member
Could just be smart tactics by Ricky, directing the Raiders play to our obvious weaknesses on the edges, compared to our only usual strength in the middle?

Imagine that - a coach that changes the game plan against different opposition!

We gave it up on the edge defending our middle, we didn't work hard inside out, so yeah 100%.

Mostly we cover that though, tonight we really didn't. It's not like it requires some kind of savant to recognize our edge defense is our weakness.

Soto

Bench
I reckon the same dumb argument is keeping BA as coach year after year and expecting a different result. It ain't happening. He's done. He can't and shouldn't be in charge anymore. It's just insanity keeping this guy expecting something different....he needs to go immediately. This season is over before its started. Moses not being back before round 12 means 2 from 12...that's curtains

the phantom menace

First Grade
With this I think our 2nd rowers are not doing their job at shutting this down going to our edges..

Lane and Matto are not great at defending
And if two "first choice" top 17 forwards aren't good at defending in the edge position - three if we count Tuilagi (Carty's absence aside) - then we're screwed, and any teams with a decent coach will make us their bitch all season long.

Bandwagon

Staff member
With this I think our 2nd rowers are not doing their job at shutting this down going to our edges..

Lane and Matto are not great at defending

Both are good defenders but both can be lazy pushing across. I think possibly we are missing Moses controlling that edge in defense more than we are missing his attack.

JokerEel

Coach
Both are good defenders but both can be lazy pushing across. I think possibly we are missing Moses controlling that edge in defense more than we are missing his attack.

They are good but there are not good enough. Especially at shutting down played to our edges.

You could see what Canberra where about to do a few times tonight it was like watching it in slow motion.

That's why Martin from the riff is different he pushes up shits the play down.

Soto

Bench
I kinda think that this game is gonna be a sliding doors type moment.

It's an embarrassing loss, not just the scale, but the way we lost.

How we turn out next week is gonna end or start our season proper.
I reckon season is done already...the way we have played last 2 weeks tells me everything...we got nothing.
I really can't see us getting close to the cowgirls...feldt hat trick..nothing surer

Latest posts