What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd7 2024: 8pm Eels v Dolphins GAME DAY THREAD @ Tio Stadium Darwin April 19th

Gronk

Staff member
We obviously have an issue identifying backs. I remember the hype around Naiduki and Komalfe. I watched them once and I was quick to say both where crap. Komalfe looked like a clumsy giraffe with no power.
What have we developed? Russel?
He is very average NRL player. Young sure but he lacks speed and power. I don't see a high ceiling. Yet that is the best winger we've developed in our junior system in how many years?
Well that must be on Nathan Brown, because he was the high performance guy in charge of junior development of elite talent. We had the backs in Matts and Ball, then they went missing and could not make the leap to senior footy or event Flegg. All we have to show for it ,both have ACLs right now. Must be the reason he was shown the door ?

JokerEel

Coach
Watches the Raiders game yesterday Schiller would have been a good buy he is a lot better than Russell as a winger..

JokerEel

Coach
Well that must be on Nathan Brown, because he was the high performance guy in charge of junior development of elite talent. We had the backs in Matts and Ball, then they went missing and could not make the leap to senior footy or event Flegg. All we have to show for it ,both have ACLs right now. Must be the reason he was shown the door ?

Word is Brown quit.

He was also only here for a year so hard to judge him.

I think someone mentioned that the Ranking who is the Flegg coach didn't agree with the club rushing some players through..

They should have started the year in Flegg and progressively made they way up to CUP..

I said the same things ng about JA after his first few games in the NRL keep him away from first grade let him learn his trade in CUP and then use him the next year. Problem is he was wasted on the bench and the fans wanted someone to blame and he was it..

I can see the same thing happening to Blaize..

Legal Eel

Juniors
I'm certain there are better coaches than Brad Arthur. I could confidently name half a dozen of them.

I'd be surprised if any of them came to our club but I'll be stoked if they do. It would mean a lot about our club has changed since the dark days of 2012-13. Even since the dark days of 1997-2009 when we lost two grand finals and five preliminary finals (but won a shitload of games). The best coach we had during that period was Smith (also a better coach than Arthur) but when was the last time we had a great coach at our club? It wasn't Monie. It was Jack Gibson, over forty years ago. Why did he agree to come back then, but a string of 'the next Jack Gibsons' have avoided our club in the four decades since? There are very few common denominators in that time. Is it just bad luck?
Of course you are right.

just keep brad Arthur and stick to the course

we will definitely win premiership - the last eleven years shows that quite clearly

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
with all due respect to those highly respected posters, they where whinging about the same stuff before then we made the GF. The same system is in place now, so what has gone wrong ? Who or what is is not handling change or doing there job correctly now ? We literally made the GF 18 months ago, what has changed or who or what has occurred that put us in this situation ?
All great questions that can only be answered with dumb gifs from the usual suspects.

My theory is that the premiership window has obviously shut. Is there someone we need to blame for that who doesn’t deserve credit for the premiership window opening in the first place? Is that fact our premiership windows are so narrow compared to bigger clubs the fault of someone we can blame? Or is it related to the fact we have so few Origin reps compared to the likes of Easts and Penrith decade after decade?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Stefano - Anyone with any foresight could see he was our best junior forward in 15yrs. We had to pay up to keep him. Right now him at 750k would be far better then and prop we have. Ridiculous not having him as a priority junior signing.
The fact he keeps re-signing with the Tigers means he is chasing the money every time his contract is up. No chance he is on $750k at Wests, nor would he be if he’d stayed.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Of course you are right.

just keep brad Arthur and stick to the course

we will definitely win premiership - the last eleven years shows that quite clearly
Cleary took longer than that to win a premiership. Have faith. There is a threepeat on the way.

Avenger

Immortal
All great questions that can only be answered with dumb gifs from the usual suspects.

My theory is that the premiership window has obviously shut. Is there someone we need to blame for that who doesn’t deserve credit for the premiership window opening in the first place? Is that fact our premiership windows are so narrow compared to bigger clubs the fault of someone we can blame? Or is it related to the fact we have so few Origin reps compared to the likes of Easts and Penrith decade after decade?
So should we persist with the same set up and coach who opened and closed that premiership window? If we listened to you the window may have eventually opened and Kearney would be in his 14th year now.

You mediocrity masturbating halfwit.

JokerEel

Coach

Windows are for clubs that can't recruit or develop players...

Panthers Storm Roosters all don't have a window...

Windows are for clubs that are run poorly and don't have a long term plan.

Windows are another excuse

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Windows are for clubs that can't recruit or develop players...

Panthers Storm Roosters all don't have a window...

Windows are for clubs that are run poorly and don't have a long term plan.

Windows are another excuse
Maybe only 14 clubs have excuses?

the phantom menace

First Grade
We literally made the GF 18 months ago, what has changed or who or what has occurred that put us in this situation ? If I knew that answer I would be working in the NRL rather than being an epidemiologist.
I think it was widely agreed that the players who left the squad after season 2022 were not replaced like for like with the same quality.

I'd say that's part of the answer of what has changed.

Latest posts