What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd8 2024: Eels v Manly GAME DAY THREAD @ 4 Pines Park April 26

JokerEel

Coach
Some observations:

Matterson was our best player.

Both our hookers are average.

Shaun Lane is awful and lazy.

Hopgood is overrated and drops off tackles when he is tired.

RCG would die for BA yet only ran for 66m.

The less said about Sivo the better.

Sanders isn’t ready.

We are still a part time football club led by a stale clueless coach that should be sacked tonight.

Matto was our best with Brown

Lane needs to go to the bench and play in the middle I think.. If BA doesn't like Kelma give Guymer a run at second row or Moretti..

Hopgood attacked well defense he does drop off..

RCG Paulo and Joe were poor tonight all were thinking pass first Joe and Paulo gave away dumb penalties..

Sivo stuffed up for the first try in the second half then ruined th game with that dumb penalty..
Good to know his replacement is playing centre at cup this week...

Sanders has as fine straightening the attack when Sivo scored and defended ok no support at the end..

the phantom menace

First Grade
I honestly expected about as much without Mitch Moses. Tbh it could be a lot worse than it is right now. The eels look lost in attack without him. And that’s concerning because it shouldn’t just come down to one player. But in this case it look like it has. Without Mitch the eels lack CONFIDENCE. At least there’s only three more games left now without him
And you'll find a lot of people here put that problem down to the coach, and/or the recruitment and retention committee that we understand he is/must be part of.

Delboy

First Grade
Seeing Sanders kick through all his juniors days from U10 to Flegg, as a left footer he should have at least been given the chance from the right touch line and even that last try .

Frustrating to be up 4 tries to 3 and still behind, the basics are there for a team to challenge, the recruitment needs to be on target to make the leap. Not certain they can do that.

crocodile

Bench
You know yet you tell me to be used to the humor on here when I’ve been on here for like twelve hours lol. You’d be surprised how much of the humor on here is dead set seriousness on Reddit which is where I came from lol
Just have a few wines before logging in.

The Predictor

Juniors
W
At least they tried this week, the stupidity of this team has shone through though.

Sanders tonight has been excellent for a rookie. Shows Beas decision not to pick him to replace Moses was f**king idiocy.
shouldn’t have to highlight that they tried hard, that’s exactly the mentality we have “thrived” in for 30 years, Sanders was awesome tho

Tooooks

Bench
You know yet you tell me to be used to the humor on here when I’ve been on here for like twelve hours lol. You’d be surprised how much of the humor on here is dead set seriousness on Reddit which is where I came from lol
Of course I said that. New people need to know that first up when they come here. Takes a while to get used to the different personalities. You’ll like it here though.

Some Reddit subs are pretty good, but yeah, plenty are very toxic.

eels4life87

Juniors
Of course I said that. New people need to know that first up when they come here. Takes a while to get used to the different personalities. You’ll like it here though.

Some Reddit subs are pretty good, but yeah, plenty are very toxic.
The toxicity and the fact that moderators have too much power in being able to get a persons account permanently banned for some obscure reason is why I left reddit.

Tbh I had a LOT more fun on here tonight even though the eels lost because I was just totally surrounded by other eels fans. So thanks all on here for a fun time. This place has made a fantastic first impression

JokerEel

Coach
Seeing Sanders kick through all his juniors days from U10 to Flegg, as a left footer he should have at least been given the chance from the right touch line and even that last try .

Frustrating to be up 4 tries to 3 and still behind, the basics are there for a team to challenge, the recruitment needs to be on target to make the leap. Not certain they can do that.

Yep when Simmonson scored he should have been given a crack.

Even though his kicking in CUP has not been great may as well have had a go..