What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rebecca Wilson at it again

bnie7349

Juniors
"Rebecca loved her Swannies, long before it became fashionable to do so in Sydney, while still keeping an eye on her childhood heroes, the mighty Blues of Carlton. She adored her Broncos and the Maroons (no surprise there!). Her first sporting passion of rugby union had dimmed if not faded away. Too little time to explain but I think most understand why."

I find this paragraph very interesting.

1. To say she followed Swans before it became fashionable is contradicted when he said she followed Carlton as a kid.
2. I never knew her favorite team was the Broncos, which makes sense because in 2013, she wrote an article about why she turned her back on NRL for the swans. 2013 was the worst ever year for the Broncos and was the year after the Swans won the comp. How convenient.
3. I'm no fan of union but the last 2 sentences is a massive low blow to Australian Rugby.

docbrown

Coach
Surely a two-part TV mini series is in the works...

In a world where sports journalism required integrity, one woman strove to tell the lies that nobody else had the courage to create...

"Wilson, this is a News Corp paper. You just can't write whatever bullshit you want and pretend it's the truth!"
"Shut up you sexist bully!"

Until after one fateful brunch she got behind the wheel of a car...

**Dramatic Car Crash Scene**

**Wilson in the hospital**

"Doctor, will I ever be able to drink again?"
"You've got a pinot noir connected to your I.V."
"I meant spirits, you chauvinist pig!"

From the people who exploited Molly Falls Off A Ladder and Brock Hits A Tree comes...

Wilson: Australia's Greatest Ever Hero In The Entire History Of The World

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member

Teddyboy

First Grade
The comparisons to Hitler are ridiculous. Obviously some people don't think through what they say or truly understand the ramifications of what they say.

Hitler was complicit in genocide resulting in the death of millions of people.

Some of you lot need to have a good hard look at yourselves.
As was the leaders of both sides in WW1 as was Stalin and Mao.

Last edited:

axl rose

Bench
That was Jacqueline Magnay

You are correct, on further research she took her 'rights' to see men naked all the way to the Human Rights Commission and won, wow.

But wait, when Jacqueline Magnay passes away someday(god forbid) was she the pioneer of female sports journalism or Rebecca. I cant keep track of these trail blazers.

Last edited:

taipan

Referee
I look and listen to the current group of female reporters and commentators like Yvonne Sampson,Megan Barnard,Lara Pitt,Jessica Yates and Erin Molan.

All professional at their work,know their sport rugby league and no hint of malice or bitterness by any of them.

Their contributions throughout the year,more than make up for what the code has been on the receiving end by one journalist.

LESStar58

Referee
I look and listen to the current group of female reporters and commentators like Yvonne Sampson,Megan Barnard,Lara Pitt,Jessica Yates and Erin Molan.

All professional at their work,know their sport rugby league and no hint of malice or bitterness by any of them.

Their contributions throughout the year,more than make up for what the code has been on the receiving end by one journalist.

Does Vonnie have a boyfriend because I'd totally fight him for her...

Because I don't have Fox i don't see much of the others but Sampson is the total package; looks, brains, personality and a passion for the game. Molan I can take or leave. She doesn't offer much to me besides being Vautins sidekick and that ain't much to crow about!

Because I don't have Fox i don't see much of the others but Sampson is the total package; looks, brains, personality and a passion for the game. Molan I can take or leave. She doesn't offer much to me besides being Vautins sidekick and that ain't much to crow about!

taipan

Referee

Do you have fists of steel? I'm at the head of the queue, get back in line.

...but Sampson is the total package; looks, brains, personality and a passion for the game. Molan I can take or leave. She doesn't offer much to me besides being Vautins sidekick and that ain't much to crow about!

Sampson has a sports reporting background whereas Molan was a more general news reporter/presenter background.

Latest posts