What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rebecca Wilson at it again

How she died matters not at all compared to how she lived.

True. But while I'm also inclined towards the straight talking, keeping-it-real school of thought, I think it's also worth bearing in mind that context is everything and the realities of the very human trait of sensitivity.

LESStar58

Referee
I had a brief look on Twitter and one of the first things I saw was senator David Leyonhjelm retweeting someone that said she should be shown the same amount of respect that she showed the Mannah family.

Or the Hillsborough disaster victims when she said that was bought about by hooliganism.

taipan

Referee
Please enough is enough,we Sharkies are better than this ,been as a club through hellish times together,and have come out into the sunshine.
Let's show a bit of class,just like our team,and respect the person and the grieving family.
I've said my piece on the matter,being an older guy,and witnessing parents and mates leave this planet.
Let's not do a Carlton.

TheFrog

Coach
Like most of us, she did what her employers required her to do. And she did it better than most.

Nothing will change. Someone else will fill the void.

RIP.

Mogsheen Jadwat

Juniors
i think the best thing about this is the fact there's going to be a lot of ripe fish the next time a tragedy befouls them/their club/someone they know.

JAMES_FOO

Juniors
Good to here the media respected her privacy and her illness was not made public.
A shame though they can't do the same for NRL players who have personal issues whether it be gambling,alcohol or depression related issues .

Good point. She was happy to spill the beans on any players personal life but expected her own to be off limits.
RIP

snout

First Grade
It makes no sense to bracket loved ones who have been taken by tbis horrible disease with Wilson...or anybody else for that matter.

Everybody is judged on their own morals and standards.
Hitler wasnt a good bloke as soon as he died.

Wilson is judged on the high form of gutter hateful press she was known for. She knew this was her rep and was expected of her - and she delighted in delivering.

She went above reporting facts. Her attacks became very personal at times. Too many times.

We can make mention of that.....but any rejoicing that she has lost her life is obviously something we're above as supporters of the prems.

It is ironic that there are so many posters in this thread who think that because a person, in their opinion, treated people disrespectfully in life that they, from behind a keyboard, can treat that same person disrespectfully in death. It is base hypocrisy.

No one can make you agree with the things that Rebecca Wilson said in life. Asking people not to engage in the level of vitriol evidenced in this thread does not require you to agree with her, like her or pass any judgment of her whatsoever.

But it is not unreasonable, mere hours after someone has passed away, to ask for some dignified silence. If I was in her family, my distress at her passing would be compounded, if I knew, by the outpouring this pack mentality has unleashed online.

You are all better than this.

I don't think for one moment that any of you would approach, in real life, the family member of a recently deceased person and say within earshot some of the things that have been said of late in this thread. Common decency and manners would dictate that you didn't. But if you have posted it here, you have potentially said it to their face. Think about that.

Latest posts