What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Redneck Redfaces 2

POPEYE

Coach
What can you say about the the Dragons, the signing of McCrone although not a determining factor in their plight is an indicator of the degree of malfunction in the club's thinking. Just as Josh always exhibits an air of dumbfoundedness so does the team as a whole

POPEYE

Coach
I'm not one for taking interest in footy shows, I only record MNF so I can pick the Hindy & Fletch eyes out of it, Friday Fever however if you can categorise it as a 'show' is worth the minimal effort.

When NSW players forgot to line up for Cam Smith's rendition of 'Qldr Qldr You F**king Beauty', when Cam claimed last week it shouldn't have been done after a dead rubber, Matty Elliot said "Who cares, I came to watch the footy"

If everyone can contain themselves enough to 'just watch the footy' maybe the game won't go into self destruct. A lot of hard to explain shit happens in the US but only in Australia does the media seek to bite the sport that feeds them and supporters dwell on misery

POPEYE

Coach
Titans are lucky they didn't have DCE draining their tank, he's nowhere near the high octane he's claimed to be, I reckon he and Shaun Johnson will be lapped by Ashley Taylor if the wheels don't fall off . . . wish I hadn't written that

Anyway, the Warriors should've but didn't and the Seagles dared and did, found myself cheering for the ex-silverspooners because my missus picked them in one of those enjoyment destroying tipping comps. Only sure thing is that we can expect the unexpected from both these teams in the foreseeable future. Warriors deserved to be punished for leaving Lolohea out in the rain

Broncos back on track it seems, made more impressive when the Rabbitohs played so enthusiastically, thank f**k Cody proved worthy of the sacrifices to the footy gods . . . Carter and Auva'a weren't tasty anyway. If Souths can organise hand transplants for the Burgess Boys before another game is played they might be in with a chance. Liked the look of Angus Crichton, one to watch methinks

POPEYE

Coach
Of course the refereeing was shit was but that's not unusual, all teams have to cope with it and I'm sure Bellamy is merely playing mind games with his mob. It's just a matter of fact that Melbourne have more trouble getting up against the Knights than they do Brisbane . . . top team karma at its best

Melbourne may have had players cruising through jetlag and reappearance but surely the day belonged to the Knights. The effort they are putting in is indeed a memorable one. Newcastle is the perfect destination for aspiring players looking for a fair go, there are worse places to be . . . ask Tariq

Crikey, Hook was just a clean Bevan pickup away from 'f**k me dead', the bloke must have years ago killed a Chinaman. The media can rave all they like about Jabba's junket and his 'magical' players but the fact remains Hook is going to have to try something new . . . we need some screaming, swearing and intimidation

If Arthur walks so should Parramatta go to the NSW Cup, given the bloke's coaching record he was probably the reason Toovey survived when he did. Brad should have been the Seagles' coach but don't feel sorry for him, the obsolete Eels was the place to show his wares, ironic that such a shithouse could create a supercoach

POPEYE

Coach
Maybe the Roosters are finally learning to play without Maloney, the Sharks needed to win without him on the field and they did . . . just. Remains to be seen if Connor Watson has a retentive memory but if he does he certainly has the moves to be coached into a champion

Great game, great result for everyone concerned, any media claiming the Roosters season is finished when their next season is just beginning is as wankerish as claiming the Knights are now f**ked because of injury and suspension. Both teams did good played strong considering the circumstances

Lambretta

First Grade
The Roosters whole backline is a f**king mess. Take Jennings, Maloney and RTS out of it - add in Copley, no Maubs, no Burgess, no Copley, oh whatever drongo we have slopping around the place and they're a shadow of their former selves.

Connor Watson is the first player to come in this season who actually looks like he has half a clue
Roosters fans are creaming themselves over Latrell, but he seems more lost than a teenage girl without her smartphone 80% of the time. His defensive positioning reminds me of the Confederate Army at Gettysburg.

Uphill battles sir - that's what's needed. Somehow I think not

POPEYE

Coach
Latrell could be a champion Centre ol' mate, nothing more, nothing less . . . his lower limbs will f**k up quicker than Inglis' have if he is perservered with in a position he's not suited to

Anyway, winding back of the Cowboy clock could prove beneficial to the Dogs, if Thurston's mob struggle as much as Melbourne did last round to get into gear Dessie's ratrod may get a head start . . . again

Broncos probably need to beat the Panthers well, which is why I think they might not. If ever Penrith are to begin following the coach's directions surely it must be the Hook v Benny game . . . less f**king knee jerking and a modicum of discipline please

If Maloney and Townsend were still with the Warriors and Johnson at Fullback we'd probably be cursing at NZ leading the comp, since they're not I've nfi what is going to happen against the Raiders. Instead of gambling on a win why not bet on which player from either side will walk on water

If the NSW Govt can convince Arthur to stay the Eels will become a bigger threat in the 'premiership' now than before. They will be trying a lot harder to f**k up the season for others now they don't have to cruise into the top 4 . . . Titans need sympathy but they won't get it this game

Last week's Storm game was a hiccup yes . . . don't expect Robbo to offer them a drink

Is Jabba still saying "Can't beat Sunday Arvo footy", I've forgotten what he sounds like. Enjoy Ch9's match of the round everyone, the 'home of RL' is going the way of the Mighty Red V . . . not sure who I want to win, McGregor or Taylor

Being MNF, traditionally on average ending up the most exciting match of the round, Souths/Manly could end up one of those 'golden' point shitfights. Let's hope for at least a contest

Did I leave someone out . . . Sharks at home against the Knights . . . 'Southern Cross' Stadium is beginning to have a patriotic ring about it. Go hard the Knights

POPEYE

Coach
To understand RL and more importantly appreciate it for what it is you have to remember it's a game designed for everyone and anyone. The sport originated as enjoyment for 'the working class man', a future legend Jack Bird when asked to choose any woman picked a Kardashian, is it any wonder the salary cap is sacrosanct

If RL was an intellectual property we wouldn't have Todd administrating it or Buzz informing us about it. It would be surprising how many followers will believe dropping Robbie is Taylor 'picking the team that has the best chance to win' . . . against the Dragons.

In reality the coach is trying to appease all supporters, from the vast number of meatheads to the majority who don't speak out but understand. If you agree that Farah is more trouble than he's worth it doesn't mean you'd make a rocket scientist . . . but you'd probably choose Charlize Theron

POPEYE

Coach
After last night the Dogs only having 2 more games where they'll have to break into a sweat still wasn't enough incentive to prove they're not Origin vacuum cleaners. Wasn't bad luck, bad refereeing or home game advantage, forced to try everything led to mistakes and as usual couldn't win when the opposition was on its game . . . although Todd went to bed with a scream instead of a giggle a pick in the lottery is still certain

POPEYE

Coach
In case anyone wants to take me to task over my claim that the ESL has the best 2 or 3 referees in the game let me get in first by saying the bloke doing the Leeds/Hull game was f**king pathetic. Hull could have won if their players ran off the hip of Albert Kelly instead of lagging behind him

More to the point, the little Aussie who reminded me of a bitch allowed to have pups too young when in the NRL is far more exciting to watch than some of the halves running around in Sydney. His head appears to be together now and would be worth the plane fair and a one year contract

POPEYE

Coach
Sure as shit, which is why I'm not in need, the media will be all over the Broncos for not living up to their 'rightful' hype when the simple fact is the Panthers played to their full potential . . . unaccustomed as they may be. Warms the cockles to finally see an animated Hook in the box, you'd think the f**king crocodile had choked on the clock

If you believe in worship 2nd Year Syndrome is as good as anything else imaginary. Benny is still a great coach even if 'believers' will claim he's failed to help Milford over the hurdle. Just as with Newcastle, the bloke doesn't have a magic wand, except for keeping Milford's mind on the job he's doing the best with what he's got and not even Parker's perfect now he's decided to chuck it in

I'd rather dwell on how Peachey showed Roberts to come look for the ball or how good is Latu or Cartwright accepting Willy Nilly is not a team mate . . . Cleary is a mind boggler. Penrith might have replaced a cat with a mongrel, if so Hook will finally get the kudos he deserves, I hope he is left alone to complete the task

lynx000

Juniors
They don't look like a happy squad at the moment Pops and they are not playing for each other and when that happens you get what they dished up last night. Full credit to Penrith, they came to play and with good attitude. Hook would have left very satisfied last night.

I think we are probably gone for the year unless there is a miracle turnaround. The question is whether they massively over achieved last year, or whether last year is a true indication of their capacity.

Would love to see the panthers and the titans make the 8 and give a good account of themselves and the Cowboys back to back.

POPEYE

Coach
Again I can't see how Sticky gets a proper perspective from the sideline, doesn't it matter to him what the other team is doing. Wouldn't have mattered if Shaun wasn't so intent on chain passing early in each set, he missed two yawning gaps for a bloke with his sidestep that I saw . . . imo he's afraid to get tackled

Johnson should watch how Taylor plays, the Titans' youngster almost always commits defenders before he passes, good to see his mob win well when the Eels are just making up the numbers

The way to beat Melbourne is rattle/fluster them and the Roosters were doing just fine until the incompetent Badger fired the Storm up. The idiot didn't favour either team with his nonsense but the last thing the Roosters needed was to have Melbourne turn irate. I'm not sure who is the most not-a-Fullback . . . Latrell or Blake

POPEYE

Coach
Good if not a little soppy recount of Flannigan's Fortunes in the SMH, I've been in his corner from the beginning, desperate to find a Supercoach anywhere I can. The only player I consider a real poach is Maloney, the rest of the imports were lost souls as far as I'm concerned.

Still, James wasn't dragged away from the Roosters, they refused to believe the little mercenary had the right to be one, now we know he is as important to any team he plays for as Smith or Thurston. Flannigan realising Maloney was the only necessary addition to his flotsam and jetsam adds to his standing as a supercoach imo

Now we have the Sharks a fanny hair away from a culture that will have players from everywhere clamouring to join. I'm positive the coach has the ability to turn new into great just as he has old into refurbished. Let's hope Henry gets the Titans to where he had the Cowboys, maybe he'll toughen up enough to climb the last step

POPEYE

Coach
No secret I want Melbourne to win the Shield but surely if there is a footy god she must get behind the Sharks to win the cup, RL needs less dour and more zing if the fanciful finals are to save '16 from the f**king marauding media. Flanno's mob are skipping down the yellow brick road of Aus, most of us don't want the fairytale to end badly.

A Sharks/Titans gf would be marvellous but in reality all that matters is that like for the Cowboys of yesteryear let's pray for no injuries to spoil the repeat of 'Up Up Cronulla'

Dragons/Tigers was a reminder of as good as ESL gets, which is where Benji and Robbie should be plying their trade. Waking up this morning as Taylor is preferable than waking up as McGregor, at least Jason can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
something is on the nose at brisbane (pun intended), just didn't look interested on friday night and would love to see them plummet out of the 8 with the panthers or tits sliding into the semi's.

Bryce Cartwright is the shaun johnson of forwards though, massive amount of talent but loves using it to do stupid play killing sh!t that ends up with in a mistake. Besides that the pack has use, raw power and enegry which are three things brisbane are lacking plenty of atm.

I think the Sharks have opened their window.

If they do win the cup, I can see it closing just as fast. That's just the reality of the modern RL comp, unfortunately.

POPEYE

Coach
Roosters can't seem to take a trick, no JWH, players out of position and a Broncos determined to turn things around. Just out of interest the Rooster that reminds me most of Munster's do-or-die attack is Connor Watson, wonder if he could play Fullback

'Dogs unchanged despite their . . . ' Who the f**k are they going to change into, Superman. Clark Kent should do quite well against the Dragons

If Shaun watches and tries to copy Nathan we should have a great contest, if he continues with his 1 out of 6 and Penrith forget to bring the mongrel this could be 'nothing's changed' game . . . throw a dart

We need to see the Tigers unchanged and beat the Eels well . . . Arthur won't mind another sacrifice to the footy gods

'Massive blow' my arse, perfect time to play Melbourne without Thurston, if the Cowboys win or get close it will be better than a full strength loss at home. Still time to play mind games

Sticky has the roster to sneak in another one, it's a pity he can't coach 2 x 40 minute games like the big boys. Then again Souths can't start like they finish so it should be a smorgasbord of shemozzle

Manly/Newcastle should be like a bye for the Seagles before they make a 'run' for home . . . a media gimme

Winning from here on in is nowhere near as important for the Sharks as keeping the team intact. The Titans have nothing to lose which is why my fingers will be crossed for both

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
JT was set for a rest sometime during this stint so it wont exactly be a shock for the boys and plans would have been put into place. Just wouldn't have been against a top 4 side though but will spice things up a bit. If we had of gone with a morgan/coote halves combo it would still be a better pairing than a few first choice picks of other clubs.

I'm about to trade in connor watson in my supercoach side to fill JT's spot til he comes back so he will most likely either become a ghost or get injured so don't get too excited ol fella

POPEYE

Coach
Now that the Roosters have stopped feeling f**king sorry for themselves all that remains is to take full advantage of the remaining 5 practice games. I thought a relapse was imminent when Connor took an early mark but Cordner kept their minds on the job

Here we were hoping Latrell would snap the Roosters out of their lethargy but he's about as good a replacement for Maloney as Inglis would be for Cronk. Providing the euphoria doesn't get to them and the Roosters forget the Nitrous, concentrate of fine tuning, the 4 hopefuls they have yet to play will not be looking forward to it

How much better would it be if with all the camera angles available to the Bunker decisions were made after normal speed replays only. We could get on with it, forgive and forget more readily and actually recreate the 'feel' the game once had.

Something retro we could do without is Klein doing his best to reincarnate Hartley, we certainly don't need any more players on the field

Latest posts